Rate Dr. Steven C. Bower

Dr. Steven C. Bower's Ratings

Contrary to most comments on this page, our experience was not great. The wait was extremely long and the staff did not inform us of why. We asked and was only told that the Dr. is running late. Unfortunately, we succumbed to waiting an additional 1.5 hours after which time, I asked for our paperwork back and told them how unprofessional this treatment was. If there was an emergency earlier in the morning, there should be a process where the patients are informed ahead of time or when checking in. The staff is nonchalant , most probably reflective of Dr. Bower. I feel for the other patients who must wait 2-3 hours to be seen and they stay because they have no choice. I overheard another patient who was after us that this is their 2nd time experiencing this type of delay and site staff lack of care to the patients who are waiting . It is such a shame.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2557034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

Took care of my dear friend with an emergency Appendicitis! Remarkable work and his compassion for walking my Adoptive Mom to her car at 1:00am was above and beyond. Returned to the hospital at 7am to check on progress! Remarkably skilled surgeon with a heart of gold too! Highly recommended. (yes the nurse spoke very highly of him also)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

Dr. Bower is an amazing and caring doctor. He has treated my elderly mother for several years, and did not put her through surgery until there was no other choice. Due to her age and health, her recovery was very difficult, and he was with her every day, treating her as he would have treated his own mother. I have never met another doctor with as much compassion and
empathy. He was there to help all of us through the recovery process. Dr. Bower also performed an outpatient surgery on me; I would not have felt as comfortable with any other doctor. He is not only an incredible doctor, but also a wonderful and caring man. I would trust him with my life! You might have to sit in his office waiting room for quite a while, but, at every visit I have been to, everyone in the room agreed that it is worth the wait to be seen by this amazing doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2535858].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

Dr. Bower is the most wonderful man I have ever met! I was uninsured with stage III breast cancer. He treated me at no cost! During chemo I ended up in the hospital for thirteen days. During that time he came in visited me and took over my case and successfully got me out of the hospital. He cares about his patients and I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1385683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2012

Dr. Bower is by far an amazing christian doctor. He has been a major support on two big obstacles that I endured in the past 8 years. I cannot say enough encouraging words about Dr. Bower. He truly posses all the traits of a wonderful caring christian doctor! Thank you Dr. Bower for all your knowledge and support!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1385682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

Dr. Bower is a wonderful caring doctor. He is so nice! When he came to check in on my husband everyday after surgery he took plenty of time to make sure everything was ok. We never felt like he was rushing away. All of the nurses spoke very highly of him which is always a good sign. He was wonderful with our 2 year old daughter who couldn't stop thanking him for making her daddy all better. We just love this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1385681].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2009

Dr Bower was very honest and upfront with me. He made me feel at ease and it was the first time that I ever felt going under the knife that I was safe. I have cancer and have other operations under someone else. If I ever have to have anything done again I would use Dr Bower.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1385680].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2008

I'm a nurse in the ER where he practices and I can tell you first hand that he is one of the most skilled and compassionate surgeons I've ever worked with. I've been a nurse for 25 years and can honestly say he is the most caring doctor I've ever seen. He has an excellent bedside manner. He truly cares about his patients. If I, or anyone in my family, need surgery, he's the one to call.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1385679].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2007

Contrary to the 2-27-07 rating, I received excellent advice and treatment from this gentleman. He correctly diagnosed my breast cancer, took time to explain the options and showed genuine concern. He operated and removed it completely. He was available after hours and on the weekend for advice. The office staff also are very helpful in arranging future appointments and treatments. Thanks for being there for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1385678].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

put my neighbor in intesivecare. He punchered my lung doing a brest biopsy, and nicked her bowl trying to fix her hurnia

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1385677].votes_count ]]