Rate Dr. Khalil M. Tabsh

Dr. Khalil M. Tabsh's Ratings

He is beyond careless and arrogant. Bedside manners below zero. My husband wanted him to deliver our twins. He could careless for woman, his decisions are all effected by how much insurance would pay him . He Bedrested me in the hospital for a month yet never checked on me.... Not even a simple ultrasound.... My baby ended up having 2 major surgeries Becouse of him. He belongs behind bars.... This guy is a criminal. Took me years to heal from all the damages he caused to me and my life and my baby. Just heard good news that some of the other victims eventually succeeded to have Northridge hospital stop working with me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2641919].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

Wonderful experience with Dr Tabsh and his staff. He is an institution! Thank you dr Tabsh!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2519192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2014

Dr. Tabsh is an amazing doctor who took great care of my wife and our beautiful little son. This was my wife's second (and last) pregnancy. Both were high risk and while the results with Kaiser, who was our previous medical provider, were good in that she and our first son left the hospital in good health, Dr. Tabsh's care was head and shoulders above. The man is an eminent expert in this field and the reasons for the long waits are due to the fact that exclusively treats high risk pregnancies. He is not a social butterfly, but neither my wife nor I were looking for a party planner. We wanted the best care for her and our unborn son and that is exactly what we received. Moreover, the criticisms I'm reading about his communication style are unwarranted. Like I said, it is true that he is not going to talk your ear off, but he will answer any and all questions posed to him and he will tell you if the baby is doing well or not. If you want to converse, talk to your friends. If you want your baby and the baby's mother to live, see Dr. Tabsh!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2514926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

I would highly discourage anyone from experiencing the trauma I dealt with during my pregnancy due to Dr. Tabsh and his antiquated methods of reading ultrasounds. He misdiagnosed my pregnancy, sent me for numerous unnecessary tests, caused me unnecessary stress on myself and my baby and cost me lots of extra money for nothing. He does not communicate well, the wait time to see him is hours (even with an appointment). Luckily, I went for a second opinion and received a proper diagnosis and proper care for my pregnancy elsewhere. I feel it is time for him to retire.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1386138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Very good doctor , waiting too long though , I recoomend him to my friend and family

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1386137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2013

Love this doctor. I had a high risk pregnancy and had to see Dr Tabsh regularly 1st and 2nd trimester and then every other week 3rd trimester. talk about a lot of waiting room time! but so worth it. He is brilliant. Who cares if he doesn't make small talk? It is because he is concentrating on the baby and pregnancy people! I would much rather be in excellent hands and skip the small talk. Anyhow, I actually got to know him a little better as I was there so much and contrary to many comments below - he is an absolute teddy bear - the SWEETEST man. He just has a lot of patients and gets the job done then moves on. I had a very healthy baby - all thanks to his great care. I actually did have an amnio done by him - he took great care in trying to make me comfortable. It wasnt so bad (just some light cramping). Love this doctor and would use him again if needed. he is brilliant. love his staff too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1386136].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 25, 2011

I am a high risk pregnancy - I would like to know things - like HOW the baby is doing! He didn't talk to us at all the first visit! We go no pictures and we had no idea if our baby was ok - he wouldn't answer any questions. We had a 3 1/2 hour wait. The second ultrasound we had a 4 1/2 hour wait and he was still very rude. We asked to find out the sex and he wouldn't tell us until my husband became clearly upset. He didn't speak this ultrasound either. I asked for pictures this time and he said why? What a difficult doctor - I hope I don';t ever have to see him again! Other people have given him good reviews and I clearly can't figure out why. He's rude, doesn't speak much. wont answer questions, and has NO redeaming qualities! His nurse is nice but the check in staff are also rude and are NEVER there at the window to ask questions, We had a terrible experience!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1386140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2011

Unless you are having a planned c-section, I would not go to this doctor. My baby is the best thing that ever happened to me and I'm grateful that he is healthy. However, because of Dr. Tabsh ,his birth was the worst day of my life .He has way too many patients and you may fall through the cracks as I did .I found him to be focused only on the baby 's well being and not mine. You may be injured in the birth process ,as I was, and find that he does not care. He does not tell you what is going on at any stage of the pregnancy or during labor and delivery. I heard that he had a " bad bedside manner" but that does not describe him well. I would describe him as cruel. I know that he is smart and that he has many articles published and many people love him. I went to him because of this and it was one of the worst decisions of my life. I hope that I can help someone out there by letting them know that while he is great for some ,he was devastating for me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1386135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2011

My husband and I would like to have a second child. After my first baby I developed high blood pressure and will soon be 36. I was told that I am a high-risk patient at this point and need to see a specialist. I wanted to see Dr. Tabish so that he could advise me before I get pregnant as to how to have the best pregnancy possible. For example, change blood pressure meds. I was referred by a friend who had Dr. Tabish deliver her baby. I find it really disappointing that I cannot even get an appointment to see him. I was given no explanation as to why. I called to request this and the person I spoke to said she didn't know why, he just ticked a box saying NO. I don't think this is the correct way to deal with potential patients and if this is the kind of attention they give I am happy that I am not a patient. I would have felt very secure to be in Dr. Tabish's care during my pregnancy. I would recommend that people look else where for a doctor since this is how he treats people.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1386134].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Dr. Tabsh is amazing. The night I was admitted to the hospital he was on call for over 32 pregnant patients who were either in labor or were also there on an emergency basis like me. Even though he hadn't really slept in over 24 hours he managed to see me twice to check on me before delivering my baby which saved my life. After saving my life he went on to save another woman with multiples and I heard from staff that he still didn't get a full sleep until approxcimately 48 hours later. That is dedication! I don't want to hear anyone complain that they have to wait to see him for a Dr.'s visit. People need to understant that inbetween Dr. visits he is always on call. Remember a baby comes when it wants to come. There is no set schedule so please have respect and be patient with a man who has dedicated his life to his profession and who truly cares for his patients and their babies. His time is so precious and when it is your time he will be there for you too. God Bless you Dr. Tabsh.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1386133].votes_count ]]