Rate Dr. John D. Burgoyne

Dr. John D. Burgoyne's Ratings

I say this doctor for a biopsy. He told me possible bad results could be sinus problems. Turns out that he destroyed my right eye and didn't even get a good biopsy. He never gave me an explanation for the damaged eye and after getting out of the hospital he saw me only once for a follow up to tell me the results of the biopsy. He could see the damage he had caused but gave me no recommendations for repairing my eye, no reason for the damage, no concern, and no more follow up visits. Basically he left me on my own to figure out what happened and what to do to fix it. Turns out there is no fixing what he did and my eye is now permanently useless.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2011 | flag

I've seen Dr. Burgoyne over the last 15 years on and off and he has now started treating my children as needed. I find him very knowledgeable and while he has a dry sense of humor he is NOT curt. As far as hand holding, he does it when he needs too...I very distinctly remember him gently encouraging me after I experienced what is pretty typical but uncomfortable pain after a surgery. I highly recommend him.

Submitted June 30, 2010 | flag

I've been seeing DrB for a few years now. He is always on time (it's kind of amazing). Very smart and knowledgable, provides good advice and treatments. I agree he's not a hand-holder, but he is gentle and kind enough for me.

Submitted Oct. 20, 2009 | flag

I found this doctor to be curt and pushy. I saw him for a conult on one issue and he was insistant to discuss things he thought needed to be corrected that I wasnt event there for. He doesnt allow you to partner in your own care just "tells" you what he wants to do regardless of your opionion

Submitted Nov. 10, 2008 | flag

Dr. Burgonyne knows his stuff. Mine was a benign vocal cord nodule. Had successful surgery and because I couldn't speak for a week Dr. answered my concerns through email faster then my friends answer back. If you need a good ear, nose and throat doctor this is the one, I've been going to him over 7 years and can't complain one bit.

Submitted June 9, 2008 | flag

I was referred to Dr Burgoyne by a friend of a friend who recommended him as the best doctor ever. Two days after my sinus surgery and I can't argue with her recommendation. Dr Burgoyne was polite, professional and very knowledgeable. I felt he was very patient and listened well to my concerns about my being blind in one eye and the possible complications of sinus surgery and vision.

Submitted Jan. 19, 2008 | flag

I didn't feel comfortable with this doctor. He doesn't seem to want a patient who wants to be a partner in their care. Very impatient.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2006 | flag

I've gone to him for 10+ years and he's excellent. He has a great sense of humor. I've sent 4 people to him and all found him quick and right on the money about what the problem was and how to get it fixed the right way. If you're looking for experience and knowledge rather than hand holding - you should switch to Burgoyne.

Submitted July 24, 2006 | flag

Dr. Burgoyne has a reputation as a good surgeon. However, his patient manner is very brusque and he was displeased that I was there to get a second opinion regarding a surgery.

Submitted May 7, 2005 | flag