Rate Dr. John D. Burgoyne

Dr. John D. Burgoyne's Ratings

DO NOT use Dr Burgoyne for sinus surgery you will regret it! Not only does he have a condescending and dismissive bedside manner his techniques are grossly OUTDATED!!! He has not bothered to stay up to date...uses outdated instrument's for diagnosis, doesn't culture bacteria, or have a scope by which to view what's going on in your sinus. All of this results in his "best guess" and your SUFFERING!!! Additionally, his bedside manner is condescending, and will NOT believe you if you say you're in an intolerable amount of pain. I went in week after week in tears with pain only to walk out of my post-op appts. feeling as though I was crazy for feeling what I was feeling. 10 weeks after my sinus surgery with Dr Burgoyne I was still experiencing excruciating headaches and facial pain. I got a CT from my GP because Dr. B saw no need for one yet...too early. After the results showed that he hadn't done his job right. I called his office, Dr Burgoyne lost his temper over the phone with me "Why did you get a CT at this point?!! It's going to look like a miss at this point!! Everything will be fine." Everything wasn't fine!! I never went back to his office again. Fortunately, I found Dr. Davis at the U.W. who believes me when I say I'm in pain and works with me to figure out how to overcome it, scopes me every time I'm in his office and sends bacteria off to the lab to figure out which antibiotic I should be on. I did have to have another surgery to FIX Dr. Burgoyne's oversights and mistakes of which I had to suffer through 4 months later. Dr. Davis's staff at UW were delightful using top notch technics...able to breath right after surgery. Dr Burgoyne stuffs stints up your nose for 24 to 48 hours post surgery (can only breath through mouth for that period)....I felt like I was in a war after surgery with him vs Dr. Davis. New technics allow you to breath right after surgery...who knew? Not Dr. Burgoyne. I hope this review saves at least one person from his pain. It's time for Dr. Burgoyne to step aside.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2575069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

I say this doctor for a biopsy. He told me possible bad results could be sinus problems. Turns out that he destroyed my right eye and didn't even get a good biopsy. He never gave me an explanation for the damaged eye and after getting out of the hospital he saw me only once for a follow up to tell me the results of the biopsy. He could see the damage he had caused but gave me no recommendations for repairing my eye, no reason for the damage, no concern, and no more follow up visits. Basically he left me on my own to figure out what happened and what to do to fix it. Turns out there is no fixing what he did and my eye is now permanently useless.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2119041].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2011

I've seen Dr. Burgoyne over the last 15 years on and off and he has now started treating my children as needed. I find him very knowledgeable and while he has a dry sense of humor he is NOT curt. As far as hand holding, he does it when he needs too...I very distinctly remember him gently encouraging me after I experienced what is pretty typical but uncomfortable pain after a surgery. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2119040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

I've been seeing DrB for a few years now. He is always on time (it's kind of amazing). Very smart and knowledgable, provides good advice and treatments. I agree he's not a hand-holder, but he is gentle and kind enough for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2119039].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2009

I found this doctor to be curt and pushy. I saw him for a conult on one issue and he was insistant to discuss things he thought needed to be corrected that I wasnt event there for. He doesnt allow you to partner in your own care just "tells" you what he wants to do regardless of your opionion

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2119038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2008

Dr. Burgonyne knows his stuff. Mine was a benign vocal cord nodule. Had successful surgery and because I couldn't speak for a week Dr. answered my concerns through email faster then my friends answer back. If you need a good ear, nose and throat doctor this is the one, I've been going to him over 7 years and can't complain one bit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2119037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2008

I was referred to Dr Burgoyne by a friend of a friend who recommended him as the best doctor ever. Two days after my sinus surgery and I can't argue with her recommendation. Dr Burgoyne was polite, professional and very knowledgeable. I felt he was very patient and listened well to my concerns about my being blind in one eye and the possible complications of sinus surgery and vision.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2119036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2008

I didn't feel comfortable with this doctor. He doesn't seem to want a patient who wants to be a partner in their care. Very impatient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2119035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2006

I've gone to him for 10+ years and he's excellent. He has a great sense of humor. I've sent 4 people to him and all found him quick and right on the money about what the problem was and how to get it fixed the right way. If you're looking for experience and knowledge rather than hand holding - you should switch to Burgoyne.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2119034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2006

Dr. Burgoyne has a reputation as a good surgeon. However, his patient manner is very brusque and he was displeased that I was there to get a second opinion regarding a surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2119033].votes_count ]]