Rate Dr. Diane Stackhouse

Dr. Diane Stackhouse's Ratings

She couldn't care less about her patients. Her main priority is selling meds from her pharmacy. She doesn't care enough about her patients, and after pushing pills on them for years she turns them to me the done, and blames all health related issues on this. She leaves you to die in a corner, as she did to my mom.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2615644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

As a mother of a recovering drug addict under this doctor's care, I feel that I am more than qualified to comment here. Doctor Stackhouse has made no effort to wean my child down off of the methadone. A urine test is required of all addicts in the program periodically. I can tell you that this doctor goes strictly "by the book" with no common sense used. I am aware of addicts that will refuse treatment for injuries rather than risk losing their methadone when something turns up in their urine test. I do not like the way she treats her methadone patients, as one poster said, she plays god and she has them all scared. Rather than use the methadone to better their lives, the patient's lives revolve around receiving it. This is not a "program", it is a substitute for whatever narcotic the addict was on.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2606313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

We live in California and spend 4 months each summer in NB, and Diane Stackhouse has been our "summer doctor" for the past 5 years. She is an exceptionally good physician, patiently listening carefully to our symptoms, asking pertinent questions, and prescribing appropriate treatment. We are senior citizens and have seen many doctors in our time, and we've found Dr. Stackhouse to be one of the best. We have complete confidence in her as our doctor. Rev. JP & Pam Wadlin

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2483492].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 18, 2014

from my run ins with this doctor i find her to be the worst out there. She will take phone calls when i am in her office and then tells my kids to quiet down. I went to see her a few years ago for a illness and it took me going back 4-5 times and she still didnt no what it was it took a nurse to figuar out what was wrong and give me a RX to help with the problem. im sorry but this lady should have retired years ago -_- i have alos heard alot of bad things about her with the methadon clinic i really do hope somebody looks into her pratice soon

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1389131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I find it rude that she takes personal phone calls during my appointments. Has said she was referring me to a specialist but after 3 months of waiting I found out I was never refered. Also forgot to send my past history to specialists twice. I often find her demeaning in tone and doesn't seem to take my concerns seriously.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1389150].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

dr stackhouse dont care about no one she dont care if you have five kids asnd low income buses dont run in the city on sundats and holidays but yet she dont care of the cost which could help buy food or etc.. my husband is sick can not drive much but no greif there on a extra day or two needed to find a drive when needed and hes in the hospital all the sudden she makes me sick and to give a child penicillian when she knew shes allergic to the medication sick isnt it one of theses days she will be figured out by the board of health till then lets hope and wish these messages make her understand us she also likes toperscribe drugs not needed i looked my new script up no help for panic anxioity control wow ive been on it befour it never worked i wish i was not on the methadone program she acts like she owns you and knows your pain im in pain as i sit here and she says no im not in pain stop smoking bath in hot water oh sinuces mix salt and water no referral to a specialist??????

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1389149].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2011

After reading the last comment I felt I needed to comment also. I have known Dr. Stackhouse (personally not professionally) for about 7 years. Surprisingly for someone who hates kids she was really good to mine allowing my oldest and middle daughters to ride and show her horses and my youngest daughter she welcomed into her home a LOT and was really good to her. I attended horse shows with Diane and spent many many hours in her barn and at the showgrounds with her. AND she did ride her horses, a couple years ago we rode parades together. She has a lot of horses but I've never seen any abused nor neglected. She is always working in her barn when she is not at her clinic. Diane is a very private person, she is introverted and shy and I feel this is why sometimes people feel she is unapproachable and uncaring. I've never found her to be this way though. She cares a LOT about her horses, so much so that most of her income goes to take care of them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1389148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2010

I never had her as a dr. but did know her personally. What I know she hates kids and elderly and men. If you are not anywhere near that age groop your good too go. Someone commented on how she should of been a vet. No not good for the horses she is a collector. She does not pay attention to her horses. They don't even know know her there ears go back when she enters the barn. I think the last time she's been on any of her horse maybe going back 10 to 15 years. And alot of her horse don't get properly look after unless she hires anyone to work for her to do so. If not she wont go and feed them maybe in PM if she's around. If the horses are sick well if they are not a show horse they wont see the vet. Don't even mention western to her, she hates anything to do with "western" horses. So in a way she treats her people patients better then some of her horses. She should not be a dr. or have any horses.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1389147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2010

Absolutely the worse doctor on the face of the planet. I am not going to rest until she loses her practice.. That's right Stackhouse, I'm gonna come after you from so many angles your heads gonna spin. She has zero respect for doctor/patient confidentiality. She doesn't listen to her patients, I know poeple who have gotten very ill as a result of her neglect. If your one of her methadone patients she'll try her hardest to get you on such a high dose that you will never be able to get off. It's no secret that methadone is very big business for doctors and pharmacies alike, and she thrives off of this. expect no support from Stackhouse if you plan on defeating your addictions, including methadone. Methadone tapering should begin as soon as you start treatment unless your either terminally ill, have a chronic disease, chronic physical impairment or long term IV opiate/opioid abuse (5 year or longer), otherwise anyone you break free from it. Dr. Stackhouse, it's timn to pay the piper.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1389146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2010

A lot of doctors give out drug samples so you can try something at no cost to see if it works for you or if side-effects from a particular drug are intolerable. Not many samples available here but lots of drugs for sale. Rather than reach a diagnosis, I was given half a dozen prescriptions for different possible causes. If you throw enough mud against a wall something is bound to stick, if you take 6 different kinds of pills something is going to make you feel better, right? Wrong. Not only didn't get better but had stomach and digestive problems for months and months after I stopped taking all the pills. A thoughtful and intelligent friend figured out what was causing my symptoms. I'd have had better luck with Diane if I were a horse, of course. She would have made a WONDERFUL vet.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1389145].votes_count ]]