Rate Dr. Diane Stackhouse

Dr. Diane Stackhouse's Ratings

Having been amongst Dr Stackhouses original clients(1997),I would like to share some issues I see have yet to be addressed concerning the goings-on at her clinic.
It was put forth to me from the Dr that I provide her with names of anyone who might be dealing illicit drugs,my being at a halfway house after parole.After three visits and my refusal to tell who MAY have been doing these things,I was cut off the program and I would say very fast and not per recommended reductions.She treats her patients very rudely and abruptly.
My younger brother was cut off under similar circumstances and was never able to get himself back together before he died from drug abuse.I still hold Dr.Stackhouse and her cavalier attitude to his death.She has said also if I want my drugs I'll make it to her office,which at the time was very far away from her office in Fredericton.I made a complaint with the College of Physicians to no avail.
I understand that amongst her board of Directors she maintains people from the Parole Dept,The local City Police as well as Pharmacists from the community.This would seem to me to possibly some breaches of confidence taking place.After all to cut me off after refusing to tell her what only the police should be concerned with.
Mrs.Stackhouse is a supposed Doctor,not a law enforcement figure nor a social worker.
I believe she has set the program ,that I myself pleaded to get in place,back twenty-five years. Gerald Graves

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2738850].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2015

Dr. Stackhouse is a little bit off her rocker. Twice she has prescribed menthe wrong prescription and just recently she made me to my own pap swabs while she watched. LOL. and when I went to get rlmy results turns out she tested me for the wrong thing. I can never get a straight answer or solution to my health out of her. She gave me a flu shot without my permission, and also I took in my meds another doctor prescribed me and she dumped them in the needle box and cut me off of them cold turkey. She treats everyone like they have addictions problems because she is a mathadone doctor. Seriously the worst uncaring, unattentive doctor i have ever had... Something needs to be done, she can not keep treating her patients like this

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2697300].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

I have been seeing dr. stackhouse for almost two years and I went from being happy, working full time, having health issues but manageable to feeling as though she has for no reason that I can figure out decided to ruin my life with her control. She has cancelled my medications through other physicians and says she only wants me getting medications from her, when she has always had a list of my medications and I have always used the same pharmacy for years. I keep feeling as though I did something terribly wrong or against whatever set of rules she has, but she's simply my dr. and I have done nothing at all wrong. Her decisions have cost me almost losing my job, which until I can find a new dr. is still a possibility, I am off medications I NEED to be on due to diagnosed conditions from actual specialists who are also amazed by her actions. At first I thought she clearly has me mistaken with someone else but when she refused to return any of my calls, or messages I went to see her and she was completely dismissive and basically said "It's my way too bad..." She takes person calls during all appointments, and also if she feels your appointment is done she will get up in the middle of the appointment and just open the door and call in the next patient while you are in mid sentence. I am just very frustrated at the level of care and how there's nothing a patient can do because the dr has the power and the control.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2694888].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

Negligent, discriminatory, uncaring, unprofessional, no ethical code. Practices medicine, prescribes narcotics, removes narcotics, also presiding physician at methadone clinic. Will suddenly take patients off of pain medication and refer to her methadone practice. On top of that, She owns a pharmacy where she practices. Extreme violations of code of ethics and fundamental responibilities of practicing physicians within New Brunswick. Brought before College with complaints many times, well known to be in direct contravention of standard practice, woefully unethical, nothing has been done. Adbsolutely atrocious to have someone with no moral code in any sort of position of authority, especially one which endangers and has in fact claimed lives.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2658521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

Dr . Stackhouse , I think got her license from a cracker jack box in my God honest opinion. I lost my doctor recently do to illness and went to Dr. Stackhouse after finding out she was taking on new patients. I found her to be the most uncaring and arrogant person I have every been to in my life. After going to Dr. Salgado for a year or better with back pain, that made it hard to work or to sleep at night. An MRI showed what was wrong with my back and he prescribed me a narcotic . For a least three years I have been on this prescription, and have been able to continue working and supporting myself and family with no cost to the tax payers. After seeing Dr. Stackhouse this week for the first time (also my last time) and after showing her my prescriptions she decided that I did not need this prescription and a few others including Metaforium for my Diabetes without seeing my file. She was aware that I only had a few pills left and would not refill my prescriptions for the narcotic even knowing what happens to people who are on a narcotic and go cold turkey, considering she runs a methadone clinic. Dr. Stackhouse is aware that I have a job and work everyday and she did not even consider the amount of pain I will be in, let alone coming off the drug without weening me off what so ever, which after talking with Ridgewood and finding out that I am the second person to have called this week with this same concern, and they suggested that if I could not get a prescription filled to ween myself down properly that I could do a detox at their facility. I'm just wondering if there are more of her patients with these same issues? I think that she should not have her practice if she does not learn to show some compassion to her patients... I am lodging a complaint with the College of Physicians feel free to contact them yourselves as well
849- 5050!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2652355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

At least her nurses try to keep her in line if absolutely nothing else.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2651188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

She couldn't care less about her patients. Her main priority is selling meds from her pharmacy. She doesn't care enough about her patients, and after pushing pills on them for years she turns them to me the done, and blames all health related issues on this. She leaves you to die in a corner, as she did to my mom.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2615644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

As a mother of a recovering drug addict under this doctor's care, I feel that I am more than qualified to comment here. Doctor Stackhouse has made no effort to wean my child down off of the methadone. A urine test is required of all addicts in the program periodically. I can tell you that this doctor goes strictly "by the book" with no common sense used. I am aware of addicts that will refuse treatment for injuries rather than risk losing their methadone when something turns up in their urine test. I do not like the way she treats her methadone patients, as one poster said, she plays god and she has them all scared. Rather than use the methadone to better their lives, the patient's lives revolve around receiving it. This is not a "program", it is a substitute for whatever narcotic the addict was on.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2606313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

We live in California and spend 4 months each summer in NB, and Diane Stackhouse has been our "summer doctor" for the past 5 years. She is an exceptionally good physician, patiently listening carefully to our symptoms, asking pertinent questions, and prescribing appropriate treatment. We are senior citizens and have seen many doctors in our time, and we've found Dr. Stackhouse to be one of the best. We have complete confidence in her as our doctor. Rev. JP & Pam Wadlin

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2483492].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 18, 2014

from my run ins with this doctor i find her to be the worst out there. She will take phone calls when i am in her office and then tells my kids to quiet down. I went to see her a few years ago for a illness and it took me going back 4-5 times and she still didnt no what it was it took a nurse to figuar out what was wrong and give me a RX to help with the problem. im sorry but this lady should have retired years ago -_- i have alos heard alot of bad things about her with the methadon clinic i really do hope somebody looks into her pratice soon

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1389131].votes_count ]]