Rate Dr. Diane Stackhouse

Dr. Diane Stackhouse's Ratings

Negligent, discriminatory, uncaring, unprofessional, no ethical code. Practices medicine, prescribes narcotics, removes narcotics, also presiding physician at methadone clinic. Will suddenly take patients off of pain medication and refer to her methadone practice. On top of that, She owns a pharmacy where she practices. Extreme violations of code of ethics and fundamental responibilities of practicing physicians within New Brunswick. Brought before College with complaints many times, well known to be in direct contravention of standard practice, woefully unethical, nothing has been done. Adbsolutely atrocious to have someone with no moral code in any sort of position of authority, especially one which endangers and has in fact claimed lives.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2658521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

Dr . Stackhouse , I think got her license from a cracker jack box in my God honest opinion. I lost my doctor recently do to illness and went to Dr. Stackhouse after finding out she was taking on new patients. I found her to be the most uncaring and arrogant person I have every been to in my life. After going to Dr. Salgado for a year or better with back pain, that made it hard to work or to sleep at night. An MRI showed what was wrong with my back and he prescribed me a narcotic . For a least three years I have been on this prescription, and have been able to continue working and supporting myself and family with no cost to the tax payers. After seeing Dr. Stackhouse this week for the first time (also my last time) and after showing her my prescriptions she decided that I did not need this prescription and a few others including Metaforium for my Diabetes without seeing my file. She was aware that I only had a few pills left and would not refill my prescriptions for the narcotic even knowing what happens to people who are on a narcotic and go cold turkey, considering she runs a methadone clinic. Dr. Stackhouse is aware that I have a job and work everyday and she did not even consider the amount of pain I will be in, let alone coming off the drug without weening me off what so ever, which after talking with Ridgewood and finding out that I am the second person to have called this week with this same concern, and they suggested that if I could not get a prescription filled to ween myself down properly that I could do a detox at their facility. I'm just wondering if there are more of her patients with these same issues? I think that she should not have her practice if she does not learn to show some compassion to her patients... I am lodging a complaint with the College of Physicians feel free to contact them yourselves as well
849- 5050!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2652355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

At least her nurses try to keep her in line if absolutely nothing else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

She couldn't care less about her patients. Her main priority is selling meds from her pharmacy. She doesn't care enough about her patients, and after pushing pills on them for years she turns them to me the done, and blames all health related issues on this. She leaves you to die in a corner, as she did to my mom.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2615644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

As a mother of a recovering drug addict under this doctor's care, I feel that I am more than qualified to comment here. Doctor Stackhouse has made no effort to wean my child down off of the methadone. A urine test is required of all addicts in the program periodically. I can tell you that this doctor goes strictly "by the book" with no common sense used. I am aware of addicts that will refuse treatment for injuries rather than risk losing their methadone when something turns up in their urine test. I do not like the way she treats her methadone patients, as one poster said, she plays god and she has them all scared. Rather than use the methadone to better their lives, the patient's lives revolve around receiving it. This is not a "program", it is a substitute for whatever narcotic the addict was on.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2606313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

We live in California and spend 4 months each summer in NB, and Diane Stackhouse has been our "summer doctor" for the past 5 years. She is an exceptionally good physician, patiently listening carefully to our symptoms, asking pertinent questions, and prescribing appropriate treatment. We are senior citizens and have seen many doctors in our time, and we've found Dr. Stackhouse to be one of the best. We have complete confidence in her as our doctor. Rev. JP & Pam Wadlin

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2483492].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 18, 2014

from my run ins with this doctor i find her to be the worst out there. She will take phone calls when i am in her office and then tells my kids to quiet down. I went to see her a few years ago for a illness and it took me going back 4-5 times and she still didnt no what it was it took a nurse to figuar out what was wrong and give me a RX to help with the problem. im sorry but this lady should have retired years ago -_- i have alos heard alot of bad things about her with the methadon clinic i really do hope somebody looks into her pratice soon

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1389131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I find it rude that she takes personal phone calls during my appointments. Has said she was referring me to a specialist but after 3 months of waiting I found out I was never refered. Also forgot to send my past history to specialists twice. I often find her demeaning in tone and doesn't seem to take my concerns seriously.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1389150].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

dr stackhouse dont care about no one she dont care if you have five kids asnd low income buses dont run in the city on sundats and holidays but yet she dont care of the cost which could help buy food or etc.. my husband is sick can not drive much but no greif there on a extra day or two needed to find a drive when needed and hes in the hospital all the sudden she makes me sick and to give a child penicillian when she knew shes allergic to the medication sick isnt it one of theses days she will be figured out by the board of health till then lets hope and wish these messages make her understand us she also likes toperscribe drugs not needed i looked my new script up no help for panic anxioity control wow ive been on it befour it never worked i wish i was not on the methadone program she acts like she owns you and knows your pain im in pain as i sit here and she says no im not in pain stop smoking bath in hot water oh sinuces mix salt and water no referral to a specialist??????

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1389149].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2011

After reading the last comment I felt I needed to comment also. I have known Dr. Stackhouse (personally not professionally) for about 7 years. Surprisingly for someone who hates kids she was really good to mine allowing my oldest and middle daughters to ride and show her horses and my youngest daughter she welcomed into her home a LOT and was really good to her. I attended horse shows with Diane and spent many many hours in her barn and at the showgrounds with her. AND she did ride her horses, a couple years ago we rode parades together. She has a lot of horses but I've never seen any abused nor neglected. She is always working in her barn when she is not at her clinic. Diane is a very private person, she is introverted and shy and I feel this is why sometimes people feel she is unapproachable and uncaring. I've never found her to be this way though. She cares a LOT about her horses, so much so that most of her income goes to take care of them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1389148].votes_count ]]