Rate Dr. Akbar Lalani

Dr. Akbar Lalani's Ratings

I could not be happier to have been referred to Dr. Lalani. Being my first appointment with a Cardiologis, I was extremely nervous. Within seconds, Dr. Lalani put me at ease. He has a great sense of humour. The young lady in the cardio lab was exceptional and also helped to make the process stressless. I feel so blessed to be under the care of of Dr. Lalani .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2628993].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2014

Dr. Lalani is almost an anomaly as far as doctors go. He's 1) very kind, 2) experienced (older but not stuffy and old fashioned), 3) really knowledgable, and 4) HUMBLE! He also has a great sense of humour. He confirmed my diagnosis of POTS/Dysautonomia (it had been unofficially diagnosed in the States but everyone else in Canada just laughed at me), and started treating me right away. He assured me I wasn't stupid, and I did know what was going on with my body. He even told me that I should go into the medical field! We had a great conversation about some of my related conditions (mainly Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome), and I left nearly in tears of happiness and relief that someone finally listened to me. If you're as much as a medical zebra as I am (or just want a good cardiologist in general), this is the doctor for you!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483498].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

SENT TO SEE DR. LALANI FOR SECOND OPINION, FINE DOCTOR,PLAIN AND SIMPLE, CARING, COMPASSIONATE, THOROUGH,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

Dr Lalani misdiagnosed my condition. I went through a year of worsening health and tests by other specialists because he said it was not my heart. I finally got fed up and got a second opinion from St Paul's hospital. I had two mechanical valves installed at St Paul's before his office even phoned for a follow up. I'm now living a fairly normal life no thanks to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

We have had Dr Lalani for many years for several of us in the Family. I have had 3 angioplasty and my Husband had a bypass from him. My 39 yr. old Daughter had a heart attach and had 3 stints put in which was a in a very touchy spot. Dr Lalani very carefully made it work for her. Since then she has had 2 mor stints. I myself would put myself and my Families lives on the line for him. I am on my way to see him again and look forward to the visit. Honest man with Honest answers.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1390917].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2014

I had a massive Heartattack in 1984 and Dr. Lanani was my Cardiologist, he was great the time I spend in the Hospital very helpful, but on my first visit with him after my release he got very ugly, he told me and my Wife to go Home and get our financil House in order, take an Asperine a Day I had maybe 6 Months to live, bypass surgery was to expencive for an old Guy like me(his Words), I was 48 at that time,well as you can see I am still here thanks to the real Doctors here in Vancouver, I feel sorry for you Folks that think he is the Best, you have never met a real Cardiologist,the Hospital Staff in Royal Columbian Hospital was the best. Good Luck Folks with Lalani, don't want to call him Dr. because in my Eyes he is not>

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1390918].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2013

The best doctor and knowledge, he is a wonderful person also, proffesional and curteous, you are in good hands with Dr Lalani, cant say enough about him, myself and partner, owe our thanks to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1390916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2012

From the same issue, our son had emergency brain surgery in April 2010 and in addition needed heart surgery. Dr Lalani entered the picture then and worked with our son all the way to his open heart surgery in Nov 2011. I have never seen a Doctor like this. All the good reviews you see are true and he is number one in my book. Not easy to say...I would trust my life in his hands any day. Excellent....absolutely excellent adviser and wise man. Thank God we have Doctors like this and many more could learn all the graces this Doctor has!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1390915].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

All the good reviews are true. This guy is amazing. He was my post surgery attending physician and he along with surgeon Robin Kuritsky restored my confidence in the medical profession. Very kind and wise and you feel like you are being attended by Gandhi.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1390914].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2011

Dr Lalani saved my husbands life after his heart attack. He was very kind to both my husband and I, and explained things in a simple way. I am very gratefull he is my husbands Cardiologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1390913].votes_count ]]