Rate Dr. Charles Agbi

Dr. Charles Agbi's Ratings

Where does one start, Oh yes, his ego. Open the door wide because it needs room to enter before he does. And if he has his clones with him you are just a body with an issue and he uses you to "teach" them.

No eye contact, talks way too fast so he can get on to the next patient and show his clones how brilliant he is.

4 years later I am sitting on the floor, in pain because he decided it was too risky to operate and basically it was thank you very much, next.

I have no love for teaching hospitals and when I am there I now know to demand no students so I get one on one face time with a doctor. I am NOT a guinea pig and he is not a coward.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2510916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2014

This man is arrogant and a giant a$$. Stay far away!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2500154].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2014

Acoustic Neuroma tumor, surgery date was June 25th. Two weeks after, feeling pretty darn good. I'm a single mom, with 2 young boys. Dr. Agbi is an extremely skilled surgeon. Will I be included on his Christmas card list... Most likely not, but that's not what I was looking for, I was looking for a confident and skilled surgeon, and this is exactly what I got. I'm very blessed and fortunate to come out of this on the positive side. No paralysis. Headaches, yes, expected this. Complete hearing loss on side of tumor location, another expectation. My walking and balance have been pretty good. After a 10-12 hr surgery, I'm so very glad of the outcome. Than you Dr. Agbi.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449041].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Everyone here can say what they want, maybe he didn't give them the attention they wanted, like dogs, but this man is amazing, sometimes he may be late for appointments, maybe he had other things to do, I have had these issues happen to me but, a man who is this busy, training students and such, has a lot of things to do, I'm 24 years old and was supposed to be dead from my brain injury, until DR. Agbi took over, he is the kind of "this is what were doing" person, and he is incredibly smart, he has saved my life twice and I cannot state how much of a lifesaver he is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

I am amazed that this man can get through the door without being impeded by his ego. As a matter of fact we now call him Dr Ego. I am under his care at the Civic hospital in Ottawa and since I have a complicated issue, my prognosis and diagnosis changes from day to day. This is very frustrating because he sends his minions in to talk and they don't even know that things change from day to day. No eye contact, no suitable communication and he cuts you off at every opportunity so he can just hear himself talk. He does that very well and should have considered politics as a career choice. All in all a BAD doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1391570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2012

Great, careful approach. 3 complicated surgeries, and minimal side effects that continue to improve (I'm aiming to run a half marathon again soon). I have an active life, vision, and my brain is intact. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1391569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

I have seen this doctor since Nov of 2011,and 3 times in his clinic he was over 40 minutes late..this doctor lacks compassion and a bedside manner the only thing that matters to him is a board of doctors gave him the right to practice medicine(does not mean he knows how to treat his patients)no eye contact no direct answers were given and rather than try and give his patients a chance at a better quality of life he would rather push them off and have them someone else's issue rather than step up to the plate and correct his own MISTAKES..I am forced to seek treatment at John Hopkins in Baltimore Maryland because he DOESN'T THINK not that the surgery wont help HE DOESN'T THINK..so I asked who are you GOD?..And omg that was a stupid ? to ask as he ranted on for 30 min about how he was handed a license NOT the accomplishments that got him to this sad case of an inhumane poor choice of a surgeon...Ask to see someone other than Dr.Agbi,,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1391573].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

This doctor is terrible; he FORGOT to give my grandfather radiation therapy after he removed his brain tumour 2 and a half years ago, giving us the sincere apology of "Sorry I forgot." The tumour, which was not fully removed, spread into more tumours within a matter of months and he died a day after my 17th birthday this year.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1391572].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2012

My husband and I don't like this doctor at all. I remember when my husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor. He scheduled the surgery date without discussing anything with me or my husband. When we asked to speak to the DR, he came and threw a quarter on the table indicating that without the surgery my husband’s glen will never work. My husband and I were scared to do the surgery without knowing the side effects. Another DR told us that we can treat the tumor with medications without surgery but it will take some time for it to go away. So we asked to go that direction and he got upset. Every time we visit him he never looks at us in the eye, he answers his phone, or even making phone calls while we are in his office... very rude. When we call his office, the secretary never answers. We have to call several times before we get someone on the phone. Overall experience, not very good. I wish I can remove this experience from my memory.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1391568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2011

he prolong things iwish he can act faster thank you we been seeing him over two years and still in the same spot we started in.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1391567].votes_count ]]