Rate Dr. Frank Smith

Dr. Frank Smith's Ratings

Frank is the best. I consulted with Frank after not getting a good feeling from the surgeon I was seeing about my hip (tried telling me my other hip was the problem). Frank identified my issues on the initial visit and suggested surgery - had to wait months but I was in pain for some time already. But when we finally got down to the procedure, it went so smooth awake during the whole process, was up and walking with new hip in 12 hours left the hospital in 36 hours, was off pain killers in 4 days used a walker for 2 days, a cane for 2 days in physio in a week back on a cane for a week, driving in 4 days, back at work in a week. Taking physio in a week, walking great in 4 weeks. Totally recommend Frank and his process, I am building my life again take only 1 Tylenol morning and afternoon now. Used to choke them back to kill the pain daily. Kudos to Frank I owe him a debt of gratitude. I hope he will be of benefit to you too.

Submitted July 5, 2014 | flag

I was recommended to Dr. Smith by Dr. David Levy a fantastic sports medicine doctor. He was right. Dr. Smith is an excellent Surgeon and did a hip resurfacing. The pain is gone and I have my life back. The surgery was performed at Henderson hospital in Hamilton and I can’t say enough about how well I was treated. From my original consultation to now I could not have been treated better. A huge thank you to everyone

Submitted May 3, 2010 | flag

I have been referred to Dr. Smith by the McMaster Hemophilia clinic. He has been somewhat dismissive and aloof with me in the past. However, I have received several injections of joint lubrication in my left ankle in the past and was very satisfied with his surgical skill and bedside manner. Currently (Winter 2009/2010), he is very busy and has other doctors in the clinic assessing patients. I see no fault with this. I am now seeing Dr. Smith to have a bone cyst removed and have great trust in his knowledge and skill.

Submitted Jan. 5, 2010 | flag

I have seen Dr. Smith many times over the past 30 years since he was instrumental in saving my life, and leg from amputation. He has always been very kind, caring, and compassionate, as well as professional and knowledgable. He encouraged me to become a nurse despite my physical limitations and I will be forever grateful to him. He is an exceptional human being.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2009 | flag

Dr. Smith did a very tricky hip replacement for me which I am certain other surgeons would not have attempted. It was a great success and I am now pain free. Thank you Dr.Smith for giving me my life back. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. The scar I have is testament to his skill and expertise. It is so thin and tiny I hardly see it.

Submitted June 3, 2009 | flag

Excellent Dr, he did a hip replacement on me and made my life normal again. Frank tells you like it is, not what you want to hear.

Submitted May 29, 2009 | flag

I dont know how this doctor went to med school or graduated from University. He is clearly not a doctor. This specialist has very limited knowledge about his field, and when you go to him with a problem, he tries to brush you off by saying, I will get back to you, but he never ever does. He is only interested in making money, not the welfare of his patients. If you challenge him, he gets angry and leaves you more frustrated. This is not somthing I would expect from someone in the medical profession.

Submitted May 21, 2009 | flag

How can people suck up to this doctor and praise him? I had a serious knee injury over eight months ago and still suffer in pain because this selfish human being did not care enough to treat it properly. I wish I had never met this so-called doctor.

Submitted May 7, 2009 | flag

I dont know where good comments for this doctor come from. I suspect the good comments are written by him, his staff, or family just to boost his ratings. I have never ever felt more uncomfortable with a doctor, then I did with him. He really has very limited knowledge and diagnosing ability. It's a surprise that this man is a specialist. I strongly suggest everyone to stay away from him to save your time, money, and disappointment. One of the very worst in the profession.

Submitted May 7, 2009 | flag

I have had four major hip surgeries in the last twenty years - bilateral osteotomies, bilateral total hip replacements, and one revision - all performed by Dr. Smith. I have nothing but praise for Dr. Smith's technical expertise and his caring approach.

Submitted May 5, 2009 | flag