Rate Dr. Douglas A. Katsev

Dr. Douglas A. Katsev's Ratings

I went to Dr Katsev at the recommendation of my optometrist who saw signs of glaucoma and macular degeneration, as well as cataracts, when testing my eyes. Dr Katsev examined my eyes and noticed the cataracts and said to let him know when I wanted cataract surgery. I told him I was there to find out if the above 2 conditions were also present. He seemed exasperated and a bit flippant at having to res"no, you're fine. Just let me know when you want the cataract surgery." When I left I felt very dissatisfied at his lack of thoroughness. I made another appointment with a renowned ophthalmologist in Santa Barbara. He was very thorough, did a number of eye tests and agreed I had cataracts that were not far enough along to warrant surgery. He did notice that the optic nerve in both eyes were enlarged which might indicate glaucoma. He did a certain test that determined I was born with the enlarged optic nerves and that it was not glaucoma. Another test showed I did have the beginnings of macular degeneration. He spent quite a bit of time explaining the condition, it's prognosis and and recommending certain nutrients which I am now taking for optimal vision health. I will never recommend Dr Katsev to anyone looking for a good ophthamologist.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2014 | flag

He messed up my eye Surgery then tried to correct it a year later and messed that up?I will never see out of that again.I don't recommend him for anybody!

Submitted Feb. 6, 2014 | flag

Excellent, caring and knowledgeable surgeon. I had lenticular astigmatisms as well as presbyopia which he fixed on two successive days. I now have mono vision and have not worn glasses since. He then performed Lasik surgery on my right (near) eye and I see great now. I highly recommend him.

Submitted Oct. 17, 2012 | flag

Katsev botched my husband's Lasik surgery several years ago and then tried to repair it. Another surgeon said there was nothing he could do to correct such a bad job.

Submitted Sept. 18, 2009 | flag

Messed up my eye surgery three times than referred me to another doctor. I still can't see well out of my right eye. This was one of the worst experiences of my life.

Submitted April 26, 2009 | flag

Excellent physician. Perfect vision after cataract surgery. Pleasant, knowledgeable and listens to the patient. Highly recommend.

Submitted June 12, 2008 | flag

He is a superb eye surgeon and a kind man as well! He has a great bedside manner and is very funny! He is very caring, even when you scream and cry! I would recommend him anytime!

Submitted May 7, 2008 | flag

Terrific ophthalmologist/eye surgeon who is right there with cutting-edge technologies. He has a very busy practice, and it is for good reason. An excellent and kind doctor who is willing to spend time with his patients and put them at ease -- couldn't recommend more highly.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2007 | flag