Rate Dr. Pieter Cloete

Dr. Pieter Cloete's Ratings

The two receptionists in the front office are extremely rude and most unfriendly. The telphone never gets answered without an extensive wait. I have held for up to 45 minutes. It is quicker for me to drive to this office to make an appoinment than it is to call. A few times the telephone message is not changed to report the office is closed and I am left holding. Should for whatever reason your appointment be cancelled by the office I am not informed and attend on my scheduled appointment date only to find the office is closed. The two nurses on staff are knowledgeable and helpful, but a smile and a hello once in a while would be a treat. I really feel the wait to see Dr. Cloete is at times to long. I feel he is over booking. I also don't understand why if I can't get in to see Dr. Cloete I cannot book with another doctor in his office. I was told by the front office staff that the doctors don't condone that practice. My question is why my file is there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642597].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

Dr. Cloete is very caring and very not as thorough as he used to be. I am wondering if he has got too busy..... I agree with others the the staff is not friendly or courteous. Would be nice to see someone smile or even say hello.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2626814].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

Dr. Cloete is a very thorough and caring Doctor. It is very difficult to acquire him as a Doctor, but well worth the wait. He is thorough and up to date with the latest medicine and technology. I do agree with others as to the friendliness of his staff. There needs to be much improvement in that area.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2619451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

The best doc ever, but hard to get in and is not taking new patients. May have a short wait, but it is worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2557857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

Dr. Cloete is thorough and is the first physician, thus far, who is truly interested in my health. During each visit, while waiting to see Dr. Cloete, I noticed the staff will not answer every call that comes in for they push a button which sends the caller to the automated answering operator telling the caller "we are experiencing higher than usual call volume...". The sad thing is that sometimes the phone IS busy and sometimes NOT. It is rare a staff member will greet you unless you are considered 'special' to them in some way, shape or form. It reminds me of a clique. This is wrong. It would be nice if the staff would separate themselves from the norm and be friendly to ALL.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2538467].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Dr Cloete is a wonderful doctor and kind person. My mom was his patient and she suffered from severe dementia. Dr Cloete always spoke directly to her and tried very hard to connect with her. I felt that she knew that Dr C was trying to help her and made her feel comfortable. Even though my mom has severe dementia, she did pass away after taking a bad fall. Dr Cloete called me at home when he received the news that my mom had passed and he too was shocked as it was sudden. I was unhappy with a staff member who called me when my mom was in hospice and she insisted that Dr C needed to see her. I explained my mom was in HOSPICE and she was DYING..the woman from the office did not get it. I did repeat that my mom dying and she still went on about the appt. simply clueless....

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1395974].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2013

Best Doc I've ever seen, he genuinely cares about his patients. Also explains his findings in detail, seems important to him, that you understand his diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1395973].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Dr.Cloete LISTENS, CARES & GETS THINGS DONE! This is so unusual, as it's more common to be treated as a # than an individual by Doctors. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1395972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2012

An extremely knowledgeable GP with great interpersonal skills. I am exceedingly fortunate to have him as my physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1395971].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2011

Fantastic doctor! Very accurate, caring, approachable and friendly. I won't trust my health problems to anyone else. Thank-you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1395970].votes_count ]]