You may also like

Rate Dr. Pieter Cloete

Dr. Pieter Cloete's Ratings

I agree with all those below who say that Dr. Cloete's office staff is HORRIBLE. I have given up trying to call the office and I normally drive the half-hour each way just to make an appointment in person. It's easier than sitting on hold for an hour and then getting cut off. The reason for this is apparent when you're sitting in the office (often for hours at a time due to bungled appointments): the staff sits around chatting for most of that time with the phones turned off! They only seem to turn the phones every hour or so when there's a lull in the conversation.

Several times I've had my appointment accidentally "missed" due to clerical error. When I schedule a follow-up, I am made to feel like I'm creating a big hassle ("SIIIIGH, OK.").

It's also incredibly annoying that the TV blares mindless daytime television while you're stuck in the office. I've watched several FULL episodes of the Marylin Dennis show while I've been there waiting for an appointment that has gotten lost.

Anyway, I've been seeing Dr. Cloete for several years and his predecessor, Dr. Vos for many years before that and I wouldn't put up with his awful staff if it weren't for that. He has a great bedside manner and has been pretty knowledgeable about whatever issues I've brought in. Hope he can find some better help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788165].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

The staff are b*tches and extremely inconsiderate. Also, they are not sensitive and have no sympathy. I wait on hold for 30 minutes up to an hour on hold to book an appointment then they end up being not help at all. I have sat in the office waiting to see the doctor, notice the receptionists push a button when the phone rings and go on to finish their personal "home life" conversation and then answer the phone. They are extremely belittling with the tone of their voices and can eat sh*t for all I care. This is unfortunate because the doctor is amazing.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2785272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

It is impossible to get a hold of the office to make an appointment. That is the frustrating part, as Dr. Cloete is an excellent doctor and I consider him as one of the best doctors I have even seen.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2761523].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Dr. Cloete is a personable, caring and thorough professional. He is very knowledgeable but not afraid to refer out if required. We feel very fortunate to have found him. He is greatly appreciated.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2734279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

I think Dr. Cloete himself is really quite good as a Doctor. My challenge with his office is in phoning to make appointments. Most of the time there is no answer, even if there is you need to wait. I can literally drive to his office and make an appointment faster than I can call to make an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2729445].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

The only one I would ever trust with my health. My family has been seeing him for years and have always been very happy. He is very busy but always takes a moment to connect personally with me on every visit. He is a gem and we should be proud to have him as part of our medical community.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2681103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

The two receptionists in the front office are extremely rude and most unfriendly. The telphone never gets answered without an extensive wait. I have held for up to 45 minutes. It is quicker for me to drive to this office to make an appoinment than it is to call. A few times the telephone message is not changed to report the office is closed and I am left holding. Should for whatever reason your appointment be cancelled by the office I am not informed and attend on my scheduled appointment date only to find the office is closed. The two nurses on staff are knowledgeable and helpful, but a smile and a hello once in a while would be a treat. I really feel the wait to see Dr. Cloete is at times to long. I feel he is over booking. I also don't understand why if I can't get in to see Dr. Cloete I cannot book with another doctor in his office. I was told by the front office staff that the doctors don't condone that practice. My question is why my file is there.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2642597].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

Dr. Cloete is very caring and very not as thorough as he used to be. I am wondering if he has got too busy..... I agree with others the the staff is not friendly or courteous. Would be nice to see someone smile or even say hello.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2626814].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

Dr. Cloete is a very thorough and caring Doctor. It is very difficult to acquire him as a Doctor, but well worth the wait. He is thorough and up to date with the latest medicine and technology. I do agree with others as to the friendliness of his staff. There needs to be much improvement in that area.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2619451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

The best doc ever, but hard to get in and is not taking new patients. May have a short wait, but it is worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2557857].votes_count ]]