Dr. Barbara Fehlau

Rate Dr. Barbara Fehlau

Dr. Barbara Fehlau's Ratings

saw this doctor today, left in tears because of her attitude, she rather poke at my problems then my medical condition what a bad doctor.

Submitted April 18, 2013 | flag

Dr. Fehlau has been my doctor since Dr. Fockler left. I feel very lucky to have her after being in an accident that left me with chronic pain even after surgery. The only thing negative I would say is that I wish she wasn't away as much, but I know she is usually learning the newest best ways to help her patients. She is the only one who truly listens to my medical problems and who is truly compastionate out of the entire clinic of doctors.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2012 | flag

Dr. Fehlau saved my life. After a long hospital stay she agreed to see me as a favor to another doctor. After 4yrs of severe chronic pain and still no answers I had given up. She came to see me and gave me hope. She believed in me when I couldn't even believe in myself. She has seen me once a week ever since. She has helped my chronic pain immensley. She has helped me have a life again. She always listens to any concern I have and never rushes me. She is selfless, kind and compassionate. If it wasn't for Dr.Fehlau, I would not be alive today. She is by far, the best doctor in the Valley and has helped me more that the dozens of specialsts I have seen. I feel so blessed to be her patient and will be grateful to her for the rest of my life. I will never be able to thank her enough for the endless things she has gone out of her way to do for me. She is truly an amazing woman and we could all learn from her.

Submitted March 16, 2012 | flag

Unknowledeable in the extreme.One wonders if she really went to medical school? She has never really treated me, preferring to refer the patient to a specialist. Perhaps her frustration at her inability to handle her job explains her attitude towards her patients. She is completely unprofessionl, yelling at patients in the examining room and even in the waiting room. She has reduced many to tears. There must be some oversight of doctors who have such a degree of inappropriate behaviour that they should be removed from any contact with patients.I would prefer to have no doctor at all rather than suffer the anxiety and stress brought on by this woman. As others have suggested, I believe she is ill and she should not be permitted to pratice unless her own problems are resolved.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2011 | flag

My life has been changed because of the excellent support of Dr. Fehlau. I cannot imagine how I could have survived in the pain I have without her compassion, treatment and skills. Dr. Fehlau is one the preeminent doctors in the Comox Valley dealing with patients who have great/chronic pain. I follow her direction, use the skills she has taught me and follow up when required. I am eternally thankful for Dr. Fehlau.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2011 | flag

I gave this rating based on many years of interaction with her. She became my family Dr. after Dr. Fockler sold his business. In the beginning she was excellent. Very caring and really understood my needs. However, over time, she began to change. She is no longer helpful, and does not understand or care about my health issues. She treats me very disrespectfully and will not listen to my health problems. I have finally decided to seek another family Doctor

Submitted Nov. 14, 2011 | flag

She is one of the best Doctors I've had in my 70 plus years. I've suffered from severe chronic pain since having brain surgery in 1999 and she has been wonderful in prescribing effective pain control medication and I have adverse reactions to many drugs and several other ongoing conditions and she does her absolute best to find what will work for me and give me a quality of life worth having. And it is NOT easy. I'm probably her most frustrating patient but she just hangs in there with me and I never doubt her caring and compassion nor her skills. I'm very glad to have her for my Doctor.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2011 | flag

This Doctor has essentially abandoned her patients.Someone of higher authority should pull her file look at here absence to attendance ratio and decide whether such a person is worthy of taking up valuable office and hospital space.

Submitted May 1, 2011 | flag

This Doctor was amazing. After being in a train accident in 2007 and suffering from chronic back pain spasms and neck pain. She took a very proactive approach with concern to find out where the problem was stemming from. I have seen countless specialists and neurosurgeons as well as worksafe doctors. Dr Felau understood my chronic pain from her own personal experience. She has changed my life for the positive and allowed through her treatment for me to enjoy activities I have not been able to do since my accident. Very professional. Very compassionate and proactive. For all you complainers out there. What good doctors office isn't busy? I live in Vancouver perhaps you locals are used to slow clinics but if you want a doctor who can help where others have failed you. See Dr Felau.

Submitted March 22, 2011 | flag

Doctors are not babysitters and can only treat a patient who are willing to accurately and honestly relate what is going on with them. Dr. Fehlau is a professional who goes well beyond the call of duty, often having to give a dose of reality to patients who expect a 'quick fix'. It is very difficult to look at our own behavior and realize that we often are not honest with ourselves...and that means we are not honest with others. It must be very frustrating for doctors when they have patients such as these.

Submitted Jan. 2, 2011 | flag