You may also like

Rate Dr. Barbara Fehlau

Dr. Barbara Fehlau's Ratings

Dr. Fehlau is like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. You never know what you are going to get. She can be charming and compassionate but more often than not she is a bully, yelling at her patients. When she is in this state of mind her medical care is questionable at best. She brings her personal issues to work and I have had many appointments where she is in tears about her own life, and I am comforting her, while she is being paid to care for me. Her emotional issues are something she needs treatment for. She refers patients to herself for treatments that she provides that are not covered by MSP and so the patient pays. I feel this is a conflict of interest.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2841212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

an amazing doctor, knowledgeable, caring and compassionate. She has been our family doctor since Don Fockler retired. She has been great with our kids in past and is now seeing us into our "senior" years. Couldn't ask for a better doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2810103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

saw this doctor today, left in tears because of her attitude, she rather poke at my problems then my medical condition what a bad doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1396110].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Dr. Fehlau has been my doctor since Dr. Fockler left. I feel very lucky to have her after being in an accident that left me with chronic pain even after surgery. The only thing negative I would say is that I wish she wasn't away as much, but I know she is usually learning the newest best ways to help her patients. She is the only one who truly listens to my medical problems and who is truly compastionate out of the entire clinic of doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1396109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2012

Dr. Fehlau saved my life. After a long hospital stay she agreed to see me as a favor to another doctor. After 4yrs of severe chronic pain and still no answers I had given up. She came to see me and gave me hope. She believed in me when I couldn't even believe in myself. She has seen me once a week ever since. She has helped my chronic pain immensley. She has helped me have a life again. She always listens to any concern I have and never rushes me. She is selfless, kind and compassionate. If it wasn't for Dr.Fehlau, I would not be alive today. She is by far, the best doctor in the Valley and has helped me more that the dozens of specialsts I have seen. I feel so blessed to be her patient and will be grateful to her for the rest of my life. I will never be able to thank her enough for the endless things she has gone out of her way to do for me. She is truly an amazing woman and we could all learn from her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1396108].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

Unknowledeable in the extreme.One wonders if she really went to medical school? She has never really treated me, preferring to refer the patient to a specialist. Perhaps her frustration at her inability to handle her job explains her attitude towards her patients. She is completely unprofessionl, yelling at patients in the examining room and even in the waiting room. She has reduced many to tears. There must be some oversight of doctors who have such a degree of inappropriate behaviour that they should be removed from any contact with patients.I would prefer to have no doctor at all rather than suffer the anxiety and stress brought on by this woman. As others have suggested, I believe she is ill and she should not be permitted to pratice unless her own problems are resolved.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1396112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2011

My life has been changed because of the excellent support of Dr. Fehlau. I cannot imagine how I could have survived in the pain I have without her compassion, treatment and skills. Dr. Fehlau is one the preeminent doctors in the Comox Valley dealing with patients who have great/chronic pain. I follow her direction, use the skills she has taught me and follow up when required. I am eternally thankful for Dr. Fehlau.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1396107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2011

I gave this rating based on many years of interaction with her. She became my family Dr. after Dr. Fockler sold his business. In the beginning she was excellent. Very caring and really understood my needs. However, over time, she began to change. She is no longer helpful, and does not understand or care about my health issues. She treats me very disrespectfully and will not listen to my health problems. I have finally decided to seek another family Doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1396111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2011

She is one of the best Doctors I've had in my 70 plus years. I've suffered from severe chronic pain since having brain surgery in 1999 and she has been wonderful in prescribing effective pain control medication and I have adverse reactions to many drugs and several other ongoing conditions and she does her absolute best to find what will work for me and give me a quality of life worth having. And it is NOT easy. I'm probably her most frustrating patient but she just hangs in there with me and I never doubt her caring and compassion nor her skills. I'm very glad to have her for my Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1396106].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2011

This Doctor has essentially abandoned her patients.Someone of higher authority should pull her file look at here absence to attendance ratio and decide whether such a person is worthy of taking up valuable office and hospital space.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1396105].votes_count ]]