Rate Dr. Alvin Pettle

Dr. Alvin Pettle's Ratings

I was referred to Dr. Pettle 19 years ago, at that time his office was in rexdale finch area. There was no yearly fee and he did have umpteen time for patients. I assume the yearly fee is partly due for his greed for money. Dr. Pettle I hope you realize God has given you a great gift to treat women, maybe you should pray and ask if you are in the right path

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

Submitted July 31, 2014 | flag

I had a complete hysterectomy at the age of 28 and from there to the age of 39 I was taking synthetic hormone replacement. I felt awful for all those years. It was like I had lost myself. When I saw Dr.Peddle for the first time he gave me hope that I could feel whole again. Every morning when I do my routine of creams I thank God for him. Dr. Pettle changed my life! He is an amazing doctor and human being. His staff are nothing but kind and professional and they always return phone calls promptly. I highly recommend this clinic and doctor. :)

Submitted July 3, 2014 | flag

Dr Pettle did magic with my hormone balance - feel like a woman again , my thyroid - no longer tired, my weight - lost 30 pounds . He is an astonishingly kind and learned man. I feel and look 15 years + younger than I am, What a gift to find this man.

Submitted June 22, 2014 | flag

Dr. Pettle is the only physician who actually figured out what the medical issues were with my 15 year old daughter. I had taken her to many specialists (allergists, peadiatricians etc.) as well as other health care providers. Dr. Pettle, through appropriate tests determined that she had a serious hormonal imbalance, namely, that her body did not produce progesterone which is needed to counteract the estrogene that was being produced. She was approximately 230 lbs. She has been on a natural progesterone cream and has now lost over 60 lbs. She has her life back - she is interested in self care, going shopping, and other teen pursuits. Determining what the issue was has had a domino effect for this young woman, and it came at a critical time as she was entering her mid teems. I will forever be grateful.

Submitted March 1, 2014 | flag

Dr. Pettle held onto my results for 5 months without telling me i was quite ill. The day i saw him he diminished the illness and said he would see me in 3-4 months. Without treatment i could have died. I immediately brought my results to my GP and she was shocked that he did not call to tell me i was sick. She took blood tests, connected me with a specialist and I am now in the hands of specialist who is dealing with my illness. Dr. Pettle is losing his edge from my perspective he needs to retire

Submitted Feb. 2, 2014 | flag

I had total laparoscopic hysterectomy at age of 37 in Oct 2012 in Toronto. I was getting slowly paralyzed in the limbs with excruciating pelvic pain. The operating Gyn tried to outsource the issue to pain management when my toes were getting numb and tingly. I went to Europe and had extensive neurosurgery for nerve release and removing the ovaries. It turned out the initial surgeon badly burned with the laser knife the rectum, scarring it for life and the left ovary had grown together with the peritoneum and the sigmoid colon. Upon my return to Canada, we found Dr. Pettle, who was the answer to our quest for better health. He switched me from HRT which was causing me to be overweighed to bio -identical hormones and he tested the antibodies only to find out many irregularities and to treat them timely. My husband and I are forever thankful for Dr. Pettle's existence and professionalism. His staff has been polite and helpful. Words are not enough to express our gratitude to him.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2013 | flag

I went to Dr. Pettle for just over two years to get treated for unbalanced hormones that were giving me chronic migraines. He was an hour and a half late for just about all of my appts and then would rush me through, not letting me say one thing or ask any questions. Kind of made me wonder if he did that with all of his patients or just me because I was a young teenager and if he did do it with everyone, why the hour and a half delay? I went to see him every 2 months or so and every single time I went he didn't remember a thing about me or my name and on my last visit he was incredibly rude and was not allowing me to have any say in my treatment and was condescending. I haven't gone to him in a few months and I have no plan on returning. He is knowledgeable about what he does but he treated me like just another number, not like an individual and I expect to be treated like an individual by any health care professional, especially if I am paying a $500 fee.

Submitted Oct. 28, 2013 | flag

Dr. Pettle is a very knowledgeable and helpful doctor. He diagnosed my adrenal fatigue syndrome within minutes after it took years of seeing other doctors. He ordered tests that proved my condition was valid after other professionals thought I was over-reacting. He treated me with a medication that was the only effective choice after other specialists refused to try it. He then followed up with a phone appointment, since I live in another province, and recommended I tweak my dosages according to results and my symptoms. He listened as I told him about my debilitating medical history and asked questions about his medical advice. His suggestions were always accurate and encouraging. Thank you very much for improving my health and quality of life!

Submitted April 8, 2013 | flag

I have been seeing Dr Alvin Pettle for about 10 years now. I have received excellent care, advice and insightful information from Dr Pettle for close to a decade. His staff has always been helpful and polite. There have been times when I have mixed up my appointments and his staff has indulged my forgetfulness and re scheduled me in a timely matter without complaint. I cant say enough about the bioidentical Hormone therapy that Dr Pettle offers. It changed my life. I depend on Dr Pettle to keep me informed and physically young! Shari lee Hollis

Submitted April 2, 2013 | flag