Rate Dr. Alvin Pettle

Dr. Alvin Pettle's Ratings

I'm always thrilled with the advice and guidance of Dr. Pettle and his team. Very kind, thoughtful experts in what they do. I find the office environment very peaceful & relaxing...oddly, I feel at home. Love the example they set & love having Dr. Pettle as part of my health team!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548596].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2510694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Pettle 19 years ago, at that time his office was in rexdale finch area. There was no yearly fee and he did have umpteen time for patients. I assume the yearly fee is partly due for his greed for money. Dr. Pettle I hope you realize God has given you a great gift to treat women, maybe you should pray and ask if you are in the right path

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2469479].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483514].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

I had a complete hysterectomy at the age of 28 and from there to the age of 39 I was taking synthetic hormone replacement. I felt awful for all those years. It was like I had lost myself. When I saw Dr.Peddle for the first time he gave me hope that I could feel whole again. Every morning when I do my routine of creams I thank God for him. Dr. Pettle changed my life! He is an amazing doctor and human being. His staff are nothing but kind and professional and they always return phone calls promptly. I highly recommend this clinic and doctor. :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449144].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

Dr Pettle did magic with my hormone balance - feel like a woman again , my thyroid - no longer tired, my weight - lost 30 pounds . He is an astonishingly kind and learned man. I feel and look 15 years + younger than I am, What a gift to find this man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

Dr. Pettle is the only physician who actually figured out what the medical issues were with my 15 year old daughter. I had taken her to many specialists (allergists, peadiatricians etc.) as well as other health care providers. Dr. Pettle, through appropriate tests determined that she had a serious hormonal imbalance, namely, that her body did not produce progesterone which is needed to counteract the estrogene that was being produced. She was approximately 230 lbs. She has been on a natural progesterone cream and has now lost over 60 lbs. She has her life back - she is interested in self care, going shopping, and other teen pursuits. Determining what the issue was has had a domino effect for this young woman, and it came at a critical time as she was entering her mid teems. I will forever be grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1396189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

Dr. Pettle held onto my results for 5 months without telling me i was quite ill. The day i saw him he diminished the illness and said he would see me in 3-4 months. Without treatment i could have died. I immediately brought my results to my GP and she was shocked that he did not call to tell me i was sick. She took blood tests, connected me with a specialist and I am now in the hands of specialist who is dealing with my illness. Dr. Pettle is losing his edge from my perspective he needs to retire

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1396190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2014

I had total laparoscopic hysterectomy at age of 37 in Oct 2012 in Toronto. I was getting slowly paralyzed in the limbs with excruciating pelvic pain. The operating Gyn tried to outsource the issue to pain management when my toes were getting numb and tingly. I went to Europe and had extensive neurosurgery for nerve release and removing the ovaries. It turned out the initial surgeon badly burned with the laser knife the rectum, scarring it for life and the left ovary had grown together with the peritoneum and the sigmoid colon. Upon my return to Canada, we found Dr. Pettle, who was the answer to our quest for better health. He switched me from HRT which was causing me to be overweighed to bio -identical hormones and he tested the antibodies only to find out many irregularities and to treat them timely. My husband and I are forever thankful for Dr. Pettle's existence and professionalism. His staff has been polite and helpful. Words are not enough to express our gratitude to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1396188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2013

I went to Dr. Pettle for just over two years to get treated for unbalanced hormones that were giving me chronic migraines. He was an hour and a half late for just about all of my appts and then would rush me through, not letting me say one thing or ask any questions. Kind of made me wonder if he did that with all of his patients or just me because I was a young teenager and if he did do it with everyone, why the hour and a half delay? I went to see him every 2 months or so and every single time I went he didn't remember a thing about me or my name and on my last visit he was incredibly rude and was not allowing me to have any say in my treatment and was condescending. I haven't gone to him in a few months and I have no plan on returning. He is knowledgeable about what he does but he treated me like just another number, not like an individual and I expect to be treated like an individual by any health care professional, especially if I am paying a $500 fee.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1396187].votes_count ]]