Rate Dr. Rob Piemontesi

Dr. Rob Piemontesi's Ratings

Dr. Piemontesi is thorough, answers questions and provides information on procedures. Both procedures to remove cataracts from my left and right eyes were successful and I now have 20/20 vision in my right eye and much better vision in my left eye which was damaged by a macular hole.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1400211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2013

Best eye specialist ever! Saw him from ages 3-8. He is greatly missed in saskatoon, would move provinces to be able to be his patient again :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1400210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2013

Dr. Piemontesi runs a busy office but despite being in new surroundings, there is still a feeling of stress emanating from his staff. I do not know if it is overbooking that is the cause, but everyone, although kindly, seems in a hurry and seldom does anyone take time to answer questions. The office waits are long but your appointment with Dr. Piemontesi is less than satisfying---he is polite but obviously he feels everyone understands eye conditions as well as he does as he tends to be impatient when asked questions. Unfortunately, Dr. Piemontesi thought my husband was someone else when he spoke with him as he gave my husband a startling diagnosis with little explanation. We called later to book another appointment for clarification. This time the diagnosis was not as dire but there was no explanation or apology offered for what occurred previously. This was our first experience with an eye specialist and we were not impressed. We have chosen a different doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1400209].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2013

A great Dr. but does not give you adequate time. Last appointment after assistants did their work and sent to see the Dr 2 patients ahead of me and I was out of his office under 15 minutes I may have been in his office for 5 minutes

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1400208].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. P for the last 18 months. He has ALWAYS been very polite and answers all my questions. I was afraid when I first went into his office thinking that I was on my way to loosing my sight. Even though he does not give you any idle chat while you are in the office, he has never made me feel like he did not have time to explain what he needed to do to help me. I have to go to his office at least every 6 months for tests and the staff have also always been very helpful. There has only ever been one incident with the staff and that was around Christmas when I was having tests done and my eyes had been frozen, one of the receptionists was wearing a continual flashing necklace and it was very hard on the eyes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1400207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

All was fabulous from beginning to end, appointments on time, great staff, very knowledgeable and to the point doctor, no waste of time, just made it happen, it was great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1400206].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

My glaucoma has been deemed umanageable with medications for the last 8 months or so. I have been a patient of Piemontesi's since he first came here. I have always felt that he can't spare me the time of day to answer questions about my serious condition. I feel that he has a personal dislike toward me.He definitely brushes off my questions about ny serious condition and I can hear him speaking at length to patients in the next room with in depth explanations about less serious conditions.I have no idea really what his knowledge is as he doesn't share it with me!He has performed both lazer treatments and surgeries on me as well as giving injections in my eye without much explanation to it.Most things I research myself.He has had a Dr. sylvia Chen from Vancouver fill in for him in recent months and she is excellent!She performed a surgery on me and was great with her follow up and providing information!I will be moving on>Hopefully to a more compassionate Dr. and human being!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1400205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2012

Very arrogant and rude with little time for his patients. Books too many and then runs late very late.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1400204].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2012

I am very grateful to have discovered Dr. Piemontesi. His prognosis of my glaucoma was blunt and honest. He knew precisely what to do to save my sight. He prescribed precisely the eyedrops and laser therapy that will restore my eyesight. He is not the warmest physician I have ever encountered, but I was not looking for Mother Teresa in my situation. Thanks to his expertise in his field the original prognosis which was bleak is now extraordinarily encouraging. This man knows what he is doing. Without this man's intervention I could have been blind within six months to a year. Dr. Piermontesi is an eye saver! Although he works in a very busy environment he took the time to answer all of my questions. I could not be more pleased with Dr. Rob. Highly recommended!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1400201].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

I had cataract surgery May 24/12, and was charged $325.00 for a monofocal lens. I happened to browse the ministry of health website a week later and discovered that the entire cost of a monofocal lens would be paid by the province effective June 4/12. There was no prior indication of this from Piemonti or his staff, and of course, his office sells patients the lenses at a profit. When questioned about this matter, his assistant was unable to provide any satisfactory answers or reasonable explanation for not advising patients of these changes which they had known about for a number of months. When an opthalmologist is getting paid the same amount by healthcare for a procedure that used to take approx. 1 hr., but now is done in 10-15 min., he doesn't need to pad his income at the expense of people on fixed income

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1400203].votes_count ]]