Rate Dr. Steven Moss

Dr. Steven Moss's Ratings

Dr.moss is the most unfriendly,( to both kid and parent ) that I have ever encountered. No bed side manner, absolutely no personality. Doesn't take time to explain. Rude and in my opinion all around not ideal doctor to be working with children. One must wait too long for a 5 minute appointment. Seems like hrs "bored" most of the 5 minutes. The staff well one nurse is a disgusting human being , rude and heartless. Please mammas and papas if you want someone who loves children and takes the time to get to know your child and talks to you not at you please think of another doctor. I was shocked at the level or care my son received. Not impressed in the least.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449253].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

We made a mistake choosing this doctor as our pediatrician, 4 visits later and we decided to transfer our kids file to another pediatrician, parking is a mission, office is crowded and expect to wait at least 45 minutes before seen, Dr Moss himself is an interesting character, comes in a hurry do a quick check up while most of the time he will be either intrupted or simply leave you and go to another patient, he makes idiotic comments, we couldn't stand his personality, staff in the other hand are lovely Rachel and the other lady are sweethearts. F9r the Patients who had good experience with this doctor Great but for us it was a terrible uncomfortable experience, we will not recommend this pediatrician to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1402603].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2014

I can't believe the negative comments on here! I just had two appointments with Dr. Moss and he was wonderful. He was humorous which really helped ease my feelings about circumcision, he did a great job and thoroughly explained the after care. He held my son for a few extra minutes and instructed me to keep his soother pushed in, which tells me he cares about my son's comfort. This is my second son and this circumcision was a million times better than the first one with a dif doc. I don't know how anyone can say Dr. Moss has bad bed side manner, he was wonderful. He was very busy, but answered all my questions. We did wait a long time, but I'm assuming that's because he cares about his other patients too and takes the time to answer their questions as well, which can make appt's run longer than expected. My only regret is that we didn't find him sooner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1402602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

I always leave Dr. Moss' office in a daze. He comes in, does a whirlwind check up, makes a quick assessment, and then he's gone! I write questions down beforehand so that I can quickly ask them before he leaves. His answers are delivered very rapidly and in an off-hand manner. He seems impatient and anxious to move on. I make a habit to write down his answers because it is so stressful to keep him in the room when he's responding to my questions, that I find it hard to remember what he says afterward. He does not offer any reassurances or sensitivity to the parent's need for information. If he is going to be your child's pediatrician, you just have to trust that he knows what he's doing, because you're not going to leave his office feeling satisfied and reassured. On the few occasions that we've had to see another Dr due to his absence, it's been a pleasant change. Sometimes the wait is long, and sometimes not. Rachel seems friendlier than Debbie.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1402601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

Dr. Moss has been a wonderful pediatrician to my now 2&1/2 year old daughter. He does keep visits 'to the point', but so do all specialists. He is good humoured, respects my decisions regarding my child's care (even if he doesn't agree with them, ie: delaying one particular vaccine by a year). I am an exclusively BFing mother, and he did not once offer me one of the MILLIONS of cans of formula in his office. I have never found him to be aggressively forceful with my child or in any way physically hurtful. He can give a vaccine in the shortest time EVER (needle is out by the time your child realises they've been poked with something sharp)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1402600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

I took my newborn son to see Dr. Moss and hated my experience with this pediatrician. The wait is too long, and you feel rushed through the appointment. He is condescending and rude, and makes you feel stupid for asking questions. I finally switched pediatricians, and I am much happier!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1402599].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2011

Dr. Moss performed my son's circumcision and he did a great job with the surgery as well as explaining everything about the surgery and how to take care of it after to me - during the 2 follow-up appointments he showed great interest in my son and I never felt like he was rushing through the appointment - he took the time to make sure that everything is ok. Debbie and Rachel are very friendly and helpful - I highly recommend this doctor as a paed for your kids - they will be in very good hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1402598].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2010

We've been seeing Dr. Moss since my daughter was a new born (she is a little over two now) and had the same experience every time, the waits are long, the visit is extremely rushed, he asks few questions, and I don’t feel listens. I tried to put up with his snappy comments thinking that my daughter was being well cared for based on Dr. Moss’ years of experience and his connection with Sick Kids but after my last disappointing visit I decided to change pediatrician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1402597].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2009

office too small, too crowded, and staff overworked. End up overflowing into foyer, and expect to wait up to 2 hours before being seen. Expect constant interruption during appointment with MD. Also, there is lack of continuity of care, and follow-up. You could get lost in the crowd, and they wouldn't even notice that you were missing, and that your child doesn't have a proper pediatrician care. He seems like he probably knows his stuff, but he makes snap instant judgements about the parents. In taking the medical history of the patient, he sometimes fails to listen to key points, and reasks the question over again, and sometimes, mishears what was said. Clearly part and parcel of Dr. Moss being so overworked, he is making mistakes during patient history taking and assessment. The guy would care, if he had the time and energy to do so... but it seems being overworked makes many things fall through the cracks. Unfortunate that he can't live up to his full potential.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1402596].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

At one of the baby classes I was taking at the Early Years center I met a mom who told me that on her very first visit Dr. Moss made her cry. As a new mother Dr. Moss made her feel totally inept and irresponsible. I agree, he has very poor bed-side manners and can come off as abrupt to the point of rude. He has little patience for my questions and does little to ease my worries and concerns. But....he is knowledgeable, competent, and quick to the point so I put up with him. Probably more unbearable than his poor bed-side manners are the excruciating wait times. Always, always be prepared to wait up to an hour before your scheduled appointment. As my daughter gets older she increasingly forms a dislike to him. I believe it may be time to start bringing her to my own family doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1402595].votes_count ]]