Dr. Elaine Atkinson

Rate Dr. Elaine Atkinson

Dr. Elaine Atkinson's Ratings

My doctor for almost 20 years. Dr Atkinson has always been very personable, and helpful. She spends a lot of time with me dealing with anything I ask her, etc. She did change her place of practice twice during the time I have been with her, and in 2012 she was not available for much of the year, which later, I learned, was due to her serious illness, which she had to take off time to recover. She is a very busy doctor, and as with all doctors, one must be sure to talk to her about anything that you might need because otherwise they might get missed. Simply a matter of time. Yes sometimes you have to wait, but that seems to be the case with most doctors.

Submitted July 11, 2013 | flag

let me get this straight.2 days b4 appt. we get call from staff saying find a new dr. we havent heard from her in a month. we find a new dr. guess what? within a few months she's up and running somewhere else.I have NEVER been so disappointed in a physician in my life. luckily, we have found a wonderful and extremely competent new physician.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2013 | flag

Dr.Atkinson has been absolutely fantastic, I couldnt ask for a better GP. Only issue is she's dropped off the face of the planet at the moment and I dont know if I need to be looking for another doc or not. Does anyone know if this is permanent? I cant get any information from anyone.

Submitted Oct. 6, 2012 | flag

Absolutely love Dr. Atkinson!!! Myself and my children see her and have always felt like we were getting the best advice/treatment available!! Very personable and easy to talk to!!

Submitted Jan. 30, 2011 | flag

I found this doctor's new staff to be very pushy in that they don't listen to why you want to see the doctor, they try to tell you what you need done which is none of their business. The wait in this office is anywhere from 2 to 3 hours. As above the staff is unhelpful and the Doctor seems to listen to the staff, not the patient so therefore I find her unhelpful as well. The doctor is knowledgeable if you can get past the staff and get in to see her.

Submitted Oct. 25, 2010 | flag

Very grateful she was available for me and my girls. I think not only is she professional, kind, understanding and knowledgable, she is funny and makes me feel comfortable with her as a doctor and friend if I need one.

Submitted Feb. 2, 2010 | flag

Just wondering if it is her staff and herself on here making these ratings....I will not put the reasons I believe she is a poor physician on here as I heard she bullies you if you don't rate her well...I am hoping to find a new doctor this week.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2010 | flag

Dr. Atkinson is the best doctor I have ever had. She is kind, friendly and funny while also being very informative and helpful with any questions or concerns I may have.

Submitted Jan. 10, 2010 | flag

Ive been a patient for 15-16yrs. she is always behind and long wait periods but knows her stuff.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2010 | flag

Recently my godmother finally left her practice after repeated years of not being listened to, to put it politely. She would come in and the doctor would always say it was 'all in her head'. Well, after things deteriorated even more healthwise, my godmother finally sought the help of another doctor, and the change in her health has been almost unbelievable. I agree with a previous statement, that the dr. has lost the 'love' of medicine. It seems like its more of a chore for her now, rather than a profession, and she's just going through the motions. Staff not great either.

Submitted Dec. 28, 2009 | flag