Dr. Blair P. Grubb

Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 18 reviews. Dr. Blair P. Grubb has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Where did dr. Grubb do his residencies?    Email me    Answer it

Dr. Blair P. Grubb
Cardiologist-related: heart disease, heart problems, artery disease, arterial disease, vein problems, stents, angioplasty, coronary artery disease
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

22/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7
RID: 5467840
10/05/14 5 3 5 5 My daughter was a patient of Dr. Grubb. We got an appt. with Beverly Karabin. After she talked to my daughter she asked Dr.Grubb to come in. He spent quite a bit of time with us and we were so grateful. Dr. Grubb listened. Oh my gosh, this was our first experience with someone really listening and was not treating my daughter like she was a hypochondriac. He told us that she may have an underlying heart condition. We decided to put an implantable heart monitor in her. As a result of that we discovered that she had 3rd degree heart block and she needed a pacemaker. Prior to her pacemaker she was blacking out almost daily. Concussions, bruises and fear were part of our daily life. After the pacemaker she has not blacked out once. She still has symptoms of autonomic dysfunction but now she is able to work full time and lead a more normal life. Some symptoms remain but it is a much better quality of life. Thank you Dr. Grubb for giving my daughter a second chance at life.  Respond
RID: 4728594
01/02/14 5 3 5 5 He may not be on time for your apt but I would wait all day to see him he has changed my life!  Respond
RID: 3648475

06/01/14 1 1 1 1 I am a physician and came from out of state for a consultation. Dr. Grubb had not even reviewed my records before he saw me which is shocking!!! Obviously, that markedly limited the value of the visit. He billed my insurance for "extra time" when he literally spent all of about five minutes discussing my particular medical situation. The rest of the time he gave me an hour long generic lecture on the autonomic nervous system, 98% of which I already knew and talked about his own medical issues. Do not recommend!!!!!!!
Insurance: Kaiser-Permanente
RID: 3644560
30/12/13 5 1 5 5 The best doctor and person I know. Call before you leave for your appointment and the staff will tell you how far behind they are and you may be able to delay leaving your home by several hours. That will save you time waiting in the office. I have also left and gone out to eat or shopping while waiting for my appointment. Just check in with the staff while you are gone.
Insurance: Anthem
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Blair" to "Blair P."
RID: 2161600
27/05/12 5 3 5 5 Dr. Grubb is very knowledgeable and compassionate. He takes the time to listen to me and my needs. I never feel rushed. He really listens.  Respond
RID: 1762706
19/03/12 5 1 5 5 Dr. Grubb is awesome. It is nearly impossible to get an appointment, and once you do, be prepared to wait. HE IS WORTH THE WAIT. I have a transplanted heart, and have been in misery for years. He was the only one who could finally diagnose and Autonomic Dysfunction. I am now on medications, and doing better. It's not a cure, but it's better. I thank him for listening. It seemed that no one else really heard what I was saying. His staff is very accommodating, and have even given me a place to lie down during my long, long wait. Once his nurse even called and said he was so far behind, why didn't I just wait and come in two hours later. I only had to wait forty-five min. Dr. Grubb and I have not always seen eye-to-eye, but those were different circumstances. He is truly family oriented, and takes the time for his own dear ill wife. I really don't mind waiting for my appointments.He treats the whole patient.  Respond
RID: 1652161
04/12/11 5 2 5 5 Dr Grubb has changed everythimg for me both with therapy for my POTS/dysaut but getting me help from the best for my related disorders. And getting that help asap when all others had given up and i was in a horrible situation. His compassion overflows, he alwys reminds me that this is not in my head as so many of us have been told and to never give up. He comes up with ideas for me and ACTS. i know many of his patients who say the same thing! The wait is worth it. He spent nearly 3 hrs with me one time. Be patient, his wife is not well and he is doing hos best for us all.
RID: 1571614
26/10/11 5 1 5 5 Dr. Grubb gave me my life back. He is usually late but he will not rush a patient. I am so thankful I was referred to him.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1271000
13/10/10 3 1 1 2 Dr. Grubb failed my son. He did not look into why he had POTS. The first time we saw him he looked stressed out and fatigued. He barely touched my son. I felt like he had a prerecorded message to give us and it didn't matter who we were or what we needed. My son is on the road to recovery and POTS will soon be behind him no thanks to Grubb and staff. I never understood how a caring doctor could make a very sick patient wait so long to be seen.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1163348
05/05/10 5 3 5 5 Dr. Grubb is the most amazing doctor I have ever met. He's been treating me now for over 10 yrs for severe ncs and has always been kind, compassionate, and taken the time to answer any questions I have ever had in a way that I could understand. He and Beverly are always willing to go that extra mile to help you out and you will be treated as a person and not a number with them. I credit Dr.Grubb with giving me my life back and teaching me how to deal with it. I also know if I'm ever in trouble and need him all I need to do is pick up the phone and he will personally return my phone call day or night. He is truely a blessing to all of us he has helped.  Respond
RID: 1154652
22/04/10 5 3 5 5 The most compassionate doctor I have ever found. Gave me a diagnosis and my life back. Took 2 hours to explain dysautonomia, why my body was misbehaving, and reassured me I would regain my health, for the most part. I suggest potential patients read his extensive medical writings AND his works of short fiction to understand this unique man.
RID: 1107590
16/02/10 4 3 5 5 I have been seeing this doctor for 5 years now. I live 2 1/2 hours aways but thats okays. I now that he runs behind schedule on appointments by hours but he makes up for it in knowledge. I had seen several cardiologists before him and he was the only one that could figure out what was wrong. I still see him about every 3 months but I think anyone is lucky to have him as there doctor.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1093069
30/01/10 1 1 1 3 I have been told this doctor is world renowned in the field of treating syncope but do not personally see how he has attained this reputation. The staff is very cranky since this doctor routinely runs hours late and they have to interface with patients that are exhausted and frustrated. I once waited for him 8 hours. Complaints to management fall on deaf ears. He played around with me for over a year installing expensive devices which did not cure my heart condition. Finally I demanded he check me for the blocked artery that I first came to him for and the stress test revealed I was almost completely blocked in the right coronary artery. He let me walk around in this condition for over a year flat lining everywhere and his only reaction was that he was happy it got recorded on the implantable loop recorder. Soon after, he was on the news for the loop recorder. I got no benefit out of this test but he forwarded his career. Use this guy with EYES WIDE OPEN.
Insurance: Humana
Paid (or co-pay): $100000
RID: 1054712
10/12/09 5 2 5 5 By far the best doctor I have ever seen- and I've seen plenty. I had a mystery illness for years and after 2 visits I am getting back on track to a somewhat normal life. My first visit was with Beverley- who is a nurse practitioner and who also has her PhD. I was hesitant at first, as I wanted to see Grubb himself. However, it was a wonderful appt and I was able to start my treatment before I saw Grubb- making the appt with him more productive. So if you can't see Grubb right away, definitely make an appt with Beverley. His whole office is so nice and compassionate- a nice relief!  Respond
RID: 530279
04/03/08 4 1 5 5 Dr. Grubb is an expert in syncope. Takes a long time to get an appointment and you definitely will wait a long time in the waiting room. But, this is because he spends however long he needs to with his patients. He helped me with a rare form of syncope that no one else could diagnose for over three years. He spends a great amount of time explaining my condition to myself and my husband. We are very fortunate to have him in this field. I am able to live a healthy life because of him.
RID: 436954
31/10/07 5 3 5 5 Great doctor, very caring, knowledgable. Expert on POTS and related diseases. He is a very compassionate person overall. His nurse practictioner is also knowledgable, compassionate, and helpful. Takes a long time to get an appointment and you will have to wait awhile at the appt. but is worth it.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 412728
16/06/07 5 5 5 Dr. Grubb is a gift to his patients. Superb doctor...one who genuinely cares...BRILLIANT!  Respond
RID: 155093
23/02/07 4 5 5 Dr. Grubb is a an expert on Autonomic Nervous System (ANS)Disorders that can affect the heart and the rest of your body. He is very knowlegable about these disorders and is very caring towards his patients. Sometimes you have to wait to get back in the room but it is because he does answer any question you may have on the subject(but he is worth waiting for). He is one of the few Doctors in the world that do know about the Autonomic Nervous System and the dysfunction that can go with it and has many of people coming to see him from around the world for ANS problems. His office staff is good and very concerned.
Insurance: Medicare