Dr. Arthur R. Kaplan

Rate Dr. Arthur R. Kaplan

Dr. Arthur R. Kaplan's Ratings

Although they were very charming and it was obvious they had many repeat customers, I cannot go back. I originally choose Dr Kaplan due to his good customer reviews, but between the appointments and the glasses I flat out lost $900! I first made an appointment for new glasses and to get a some contact lenses for special events (had some weddings coming up). I was denied a prescription for contact lenses due to eye irritation, yet charged for it! I even said something about it. With the new glasses I could not see street signs, make out shapes in the distance, and frequently mistook people's identity even though they were only 30 feet away! When I returned the next year he wrote me a weaker prescription despite me making a complaint that it was too weak the year before. I called and came in for a free re-check to express my concerns. He wrote me an even weaker prescription and I questioned him yet a third time. Due to his confidence I got it filled. I got three bad prescriptions and refuse to go back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2754143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

my wife and I have been going to see Dr Kaplan and Suzie for 25 years. Each visit is a pleasure. The care he and the staff take is second to none

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2716370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

I found Dr. Kaplan a few years ago after moving to the area, and for the first time, I always look forward to visiting the eye doctor. He and his staff are excellent, extremely personable, and very entertaining, in addition to being highly knowledgeable, skilled, informative, and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2545864].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

He is wonderful. Such a card. I really appreciate his old school touch. I hope he doesn't retire!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2465995].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014

Appt to get contacts was $90, and the $30 was for something else. Only bad thing is the selection of frames is really small! Buy your frames elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2119918].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

My family has been going to Dr. Kaplan for years. The staff is always helpful and friendly. Dr Kaplan takes his time with every patient and always explains what he does and why.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2119917].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2013

We have been going to Dr. Kaplan for many years. He and his staff are excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2119916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2010

As an engineer/scientist it is always interesting to see how my doctors perform their respective tasks. My conclusion with Dr. Kaplan is that he is excellent - he carefully assesses my eyes and makes good judgements based on his tests. I am quite satisfied with his care. He never rushes in eye examinations and is quite comprehensive and detailed. I have a prism to correct for vision that is not perfectly binocular. I didn't like the correction he gave me at first (too weak a correction) and I came back to him with the complaint - he listened and made the requested adjustment ... very satisfactory conclusion. Anyway - I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2119915].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2010

Excellent doctor. Very personable. Spends time with each patient. Cares for each patient. Going to Dr. Kaplan for over 20 years. Very knowledgeable. Staff is excellent. Susie is great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2119914].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2009

Dr. Kaplan is very charismatic. He's been our family optometrist forever, and we've never had any issues - his staff is very friendly and helpful. Small practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2119913].votes_count ]]