Dr. Cynthia M. Thaik

Grad. Year: 1990

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. Cynthia M. Thaik has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: what insurance ?    Email me    Answer it

Dr. Cynthia M. Thaik
Cardiologist-related: heart disease, heart problems, artery disease, arterial disease, vein problems, stents, angioplasty, coronary artery disease
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

23/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.1
RID: 5174376
11/02/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Thaik is caring, thorough and communicates clearly. The staff is always accommodating and gracious.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 3655699
14/01/14 5 5 5 5 Fantastic Dr. and staff that truly cares about their patients. From the receptionist to Dr Thaik, amazing! Dr Thaik has a very warm nurturing nature who can really put you at ease under stressful situations whether they are medical or personal. Her assistant Patrick handles any questions I had professionally and efficiently . Fantastic practice .
RID: 3643500
28/12/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Thaik and her staff are always friendly and helpful. Dr. Cynthia herself always has time to explain what's going on with me, what the meds she prescribes are intended to do, how they work, and how they might interact with other drugs I may be taking. Most importantly, she LISTENS.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 3599099
07/11/13 5 4 5 5 IF YOU WANT A DOCTOR THAT WILL SHOW YOU AND GUIDE YOU ON HOW TO LIVE HEALTHY FOR LIFE. THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO. THEY TREATED ME WITH RESPECT AND HONESTY. WOULD RECOMMEND HER ANYTIME. SAMANTHA P.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 3596564
05/11/13 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr.Thaik for a number of years. She is very professional, helpful and very experienced. It is always a pleasure to visit her office. The personal touch given always makes it easy for any return visit. The staff is always kind and caring. Lois McHaffie
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 3585939
24/10/13 5 5 5 5 Was referred by my GP to see my cardiologist asap. Called for an appt. and couldn't be seen for 4 weeks. My GP sent me to doctor Thaik who saw me immediately. I had 2 previous EKGs which were normal prior to my visit. Dr. Thaik took another EKG plus a treadmill test. Both were negative. A couple days passed when I felt another strange sensation in my chest so I called Dr. Thaik who saw me immediately. During the visit she did what I never expected, she told me that I knew my body better than she did and scheduled a Nuclear Treadmill test. Everything seemed to be fine except for a tiny blip. To be 100% certain it was nothing an angiogram was scheduled for the very next day. It was discovered that I had a 95% blockage and another 90% blockage in the same artery so stents were put in. Dr. Thaik actually listened to me when I said I wasn't feeling right though my previous test results showed otherwise. She saved my life and I will always be indebted to her. I call her my Guardian Angel!
Insurance: Anthem
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Cynthia" to "Cynthia M."
RID: 2905075
10/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr.Cynthia Thaik is a caring, scientific heart-and-soul doctor.  Respond
RID: 2671236
05/06/13 5 4 5 5 I have seen Dr. Thaik several times over the years and my experience with her and her staff has been very relaxed and informative. I have been treated as if I were their only patient and that my health and well being mattered. I have recomended Dr. Thaik to others and they have experienced the same results.
RID: 1359195
09/02/11 3 4 2 3 Dr. Thaik was recommended to me. I would not recommend her to others. I only saw her once. that was enough. She seemed to listen to 3 words, then jump to conclusions w/o understanding my history current condition. I was rushed through by her & staff, did not get to complete history questionnaire, tech.s seemed to have difficulty w tests, male techs left alone in room w/half naked women. no inappropriate touching, but was extremely uncomfortable, increased stress. rush attitude & seemngly inexperincd staff contributed to my elevatd BP. First time in yrs I've had elevated BP, I rgularly monitr my BP. Dr. Thaik wudn't listen to this & 3x my med.s. She seemed to me to have a concentration on ptc quantity not quality. I was very disappointed, person who recommended assured me she took time to listen to patients. she did not extend that to me. I don't think my heart health was adequately considered by Thaik, & feel I am at continued high risk for untreated/recognized cardiac health conditn.  See Responses
RID: 943110
22/07/09 4 4 2 4 Dr. Thaik has the worst bedside manner I have ever experienced. My blood pressure went up 20 pts. just going into her office. She seems knowledgable, but acts put out when you ask her anything. Ultimately, she prescribed meds, gave a two second explanation and left the room. I left the office feeling confused and very upset.
See Responses
RID: 574213

23/04/08 2 1 1 5 Found her to be VERY cold. Waited 1 -1 1/2 hours on average. Shared very little information. Prescribed blood pressure medication with no explanation. The staff seemed to share her coolness. Probably very intelligent but doesn't communicate well. All in all a very negative experience.
RID: 515142
15/02/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Thaik is a very knowledgable cardiologist. She never makes me feel like she is in a hurry, and gives me all the time I need. She has an accent, but will always repeat anything I don't understand.
RID: 153744
22/02/07 5 5 5 She is very knowledgable; although hard to understand at times (because of her intelligence, she speaks as if she is speaking to another cardiologist...when asked, she will repeat what she said so that a layman can understand).  Respond