Rate Dr. Dan Belliveau

Dr. Dan Belliveau's Ratings

Dr Belliveau and his staff go above and beyond to ensure you are comfortable throughout the surgery. They give you an Ativan, which has no other affects except to calm. I am very squeamish, so I was not interested in seeing the video beforehand of what was to happen. The doctor did both of my eyes, which took about 20 minutes. I was glad I did it that way. I was very nervous about being awake but I did not see anything that made me uncomfortable and when he took out one lens the other eye took over. I only felt some pressure on my eye for a short period of time and that was the worst of it, if you can even call that bad. I cannot say enough about how I knew MY eyes were in the hands of a real pro both doctor and team of nurses. My eyesight has never been 20/20, but now I rarely need any assistance of any kind, occasionally I use cheaters. it's been three weeks and every night I think, I must take out my contacts, not anymore :-). I'm very pleased with the results. Thank you Dr Belliveau!

Submitted Nov. 2, 2013 | flag

Dr Belliveau removed cataracts from both of my eyes during a period of about 6 months and I can see again. He did an outstanding job, explained everything in detail and the actual surgery was painless and quick.He seems to be a perfectionist and I would expect nothing less from someone who I trust with my sight, which is irreplaceable. I highly recommend him.

Submitted March 16, 2013 | flag

Dr. Belliveau is an exceptional surgeon. He recently did my father's cataract surgery, and he is seeing better than he has in years. If you want the best, see him. The downside: he is obviously quite busy and does tend to run late, but his secretary is kind, caring, and works very hard to compensate for changes in schedule and wait times. In the end, he is an excellent doctor and well worth the wait. You only have two eyes, don't take chances.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2012 | flag

Dr Belliveau is an excellent doctor. He did a refractery lens exchange for my near sightedness and I can see distance without glasses for the first time in about 50 years! He was very careful with his examination of my eyes and explained how I would need reading glasses in exchange for the distance sight. I was very okay with this and felt he had explained everything very clearly and carefully so that I could make the proper decision for me. The surgery was totally pain free, and the healing went exactly as he said it would. No problems what so ever! I would highly recommend Dr. Belliveau without hesitaion as being extremely competent, professional, precise and would say he is a perfectionist in his work. Thank you Dr. Belliveau for giving the gift of distance sight and for your care and concern for my well being. You are the best in what you do and we are very fortunate to have you here in this province. For anyone who is uncertain please put aside any hesitation and go to the best!

Submitted July 30, 2012 | flag

Dr Belliveau did my first cataract surgery 3 weeks ago and my second this week. Both operations were very successful. I have had no problems... none during the surgeries or since then. I can see very well ... without glasses even. Dr. Belliveau is an outstanding doctor in every way. I consider myself very fortunate to have had him as my opthamologist!!

Submitted July 19, 2012 | flag

I had refractory lens done by Dr. Belliveau. I was approximately -12 and now I am around 20/20 and can see pretty much for the first time in my life. Dr. Belliveau is a perfectionist. Anyone wanting someone who takes his time, knows what he is doing and wants the best, go to Dr. Belliveau. Miracles do happen. Thank you Dr. Belliveau, you are amazing!

Submitted April 3, 2009 | flag

I was a trainee of Dr. Belliveau, not a patient. I have trained in 4 different centres in Canada and he is head and shoulders above the approximately 100 other general ophthalmologists that I have worked with in terms of knowledge and technical expertise. He is one of the most ethical people I know.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2008 | flag

I have been his patient for a number of years. Always willing to take time to explain any questions I've had. Just had cataract surgery And I CAN SEE !!! He is the best!

Submitted June 22, 2008 | flag

I saw Dr Belliveau for cataract surgery and as he is excellent. He's the best as far as I'm concerned...very knowledgeable. Not hard to look at either.. :-)

Submitted March 6, 2008 | flag

Wonderful doctor--very professional and knowledgable--we are quite fortunate to have someone of his expertise in this province

Submitted June 8, 2007 | flag