Rate Dr. Andrew Joseph Edwards

Dr. Andrew Joseph Edwards's Ratings

Awesome doctor!

Submitted Aug. 21, 2014 | flag

I have used Dr.Edwards for 10 plus years. He always makes me feel like I am his top priority when I am there. He is extremely knowledgeable but kind and caring and friendly. I recently for the first time experienced his surgical skills- without a doubt he is the top in his field as I have repeatedly heard thru the years and now experienced myself. You never see him whether it is a routine office visit or at the hospital after a surgery that he will be rushed. Dr. Edwards always makes a point of asking do you have any other questions or concerns at all AND he is sincere. His staff reflects a professional but friendly atmosphere always, from the minute you walk in the door and speak to receptionists all the way to the back where his nurses are. I love that they are the same women I met when I first went to him over 10 years ago-- that tells me right there what a really great person and doctor he is! His office location which is midtown in savannah is modern and clean and close to Candler hospital. Always realistic appointment times and I have never sat waiting hours upon arriving at my appointment to see Dr.Edwards. Call backs/response times from his longtime office nurse Karen or surgery nurse Angie are almost hard to believe, it's as if they were just waiting for me to call! I give my highest recommendation to see him and become a part of having a wonderful doctor. L Newsome

Submitted Aug. 9, 2014 | flag

This has been my dr for 15+ years. The staff are always friendly and helpful. Dr Edwards makes me feel like I'm the only patient he has, I never feel like he is rushing to get to the next patient. He has delivered both of my babies. He is very down to earth and I feel like I could ask him anything!

Submitted June 25, 2014 | flag

Extremely rude!! A month after we moved here I thought I was pregnant so I took a couple of test and they were positive, I called Dr. Edwards to schedule an appt. telling them I think I am pregnant but have no idea how far along I was because I hadn't had my period from my last child. They said they could see me in a couple of weeks. I went to the car pregnancy center down here and they confirmed I was pregnant and needed to call Dr. Edwards back and tell them that I needed an appt. ASAP since we didn't know how far along I was. Called them back, they took me two days later. Their urine test came up negative and I explained that the other tests (5) were all positive. Dr. Edwards rudely stated "that they pay $20 a test so if their test should be way more accurate then a $1 test". They also told me I probably had a miscarriage, so I was balling my eyes out for two days and they called me two days later with the blood test and IT CONFIRMED I WAS PREGNANT. They apologized but I was upset

Submitted June 13, 2014 | flag

Dr. Edwards is the best OBGYN I've ever been to - I recommend him to all my friends and family members. He is an exceptional doctor, has a caring bedside manner, and a great sense of humor. I drive from out of town to see him, and it is worth it. My experience in his office has ALWAYS been positive! I have had 3 pregnancies, including 1 set of twins. I wouldn't trust my medical care to anyone else.

Submitted May 22, 2014 | flag

Dr. Edwards and his staff are wonderful! I had a complete hysterectomy, Burch procedure ("bladder tack") and another surgery all at one time last year. Dr. Edwards is so compassionate and knowledgable that my fears were relieved. His staff is kind and pleasant. The pre-op insructions given by the staff were so helpful!! My recovery was so much easier that I thought it was going to be! Any time I've had to call the office I've never had to wait an extended amount of time for a call back (even during off hours). I recommend Dr. Edwards to other women for gyn care because I know the care they will receive will be the best!!

Submitted May 1, 2014 | flag

Dr. Edwards did my partial hysterectomy last year. I told him the concerns that I had with the previous gynecologist that I had, and he assured me that if I followed his instructions precisely, he would be able to do the surgery for me. I am a Jehovah's Witness, I didn't want any blood transfusions, but my iron was low. He sent me right away to get my iron built up, and in a matter of weeks, I had a successful surgery. What I liked about Dr. Edwards was that he listened to me, he heard my concerns, he gave me a game plan, and he was very thorough in his instructions. I would definitely recommend him as a preferred gynecologist. His office staff was also very thorough and helpful.

Submitted April 17, 2014 | flag

I had a complete laparoscopic hysterectomy back in Oct 2013. Dr. Edwards did a great job! He gave me excellent instructions and was very thorough. He has been my ob/gyn for the past 16 years since I moved to Savannah. He listens and has a lovely bedside manner. I've been to doctors that are so indifferent that you wonder if they actually examined you. Dr. Edwards has never made me feel that way. He and his nurse Karen are always available when I have any questions.

Submitted April 14, 2014 | flag

Dr. Edwards and his staff are very responsive, professional, and caring. I can always depend on calls to be returned promptly. Dr. Edwards and his staff take a personal interest in the well being of their patients.

Submitted April 12, 2014 | flag

Fantastic doctor. Intelligent, caring, concerned and helpful. I will tell everyome about his staff, offi e and they way he treated me and my family throughout and after my pregnancy.

Submitted March 21, 2014 | flag