Dr. Vivek Mehta

Dr. Vivek Mehta

Rate Dr. Vivek Mehta

Dr. Vivek Mehta's Ratings

My husband had extreme pain shooting down his legs. After many treatments if different types we were offered to Dr. Mehta. My husband foes not like many doctors...however Dr Mehta was amazing. Like a favorite uncle u want to sit down and have drinks with. Wonderful personality and very point blank and direct. Did a wonderful surgery and would definitely go back to him.

Submitted April 2, 2014 | flag

Dr. Mehta saw my son after an ATV accident. Having skull fractures and many complications (2 weeks in Stollery) I found him to be very knowledgable, and it was comforting to know he knew what he was doing. Although a typical surgeon, whose bedside manner is somewhat harsh and he is definitely arrogant, I would have my son with no other! One of the best out there.

Submitted Dec. 30, 2013 | flag

Dr. Mehta Had worked on my daughter (11 months old at the time) who has muenke syndrom and needed her skull readjusted. Along with another Doctor, Dr. Loui they are both amazing people very kind and caring. My Daughters surgery was almost 2 years ago now and she was in the best of hands with both Dr's. I am truley thankful for them both as will my daughter when she is older to understand. Anyone who is referred to him should take advice and planning seriously as he is very truthful and totally honest :) Thank you Dr. Mehta

Submitted Nov. 7, 2013 | flag

Was referred to Dr.Mehta after it was discovered that I had tethered cord and possible spinabifida just under two years ago. I've been to many doctors and had numberous surgeries and this doctor by far was the worst doctor I have EVER met.The first thing noticed was his appalling 'bed side manner'. Dr.Mehta informed me that although I do have tethered cord, the fatty tissue around my spine does not allow for surgery. When I asked what could be done to help with the constant and often dibilitating pain he said (and I quote) "I cant fix your back, I can't help your kidney, but just from looking at you, you could stand to lose 15 pounds." just to clarify Im 5'3" and 135 lbs. when I asked how to do that he said "Go for a run" which is not something one should do with a compressed spine. I had to beg for a referral to a pain clinic and now must wait.(have been for 2 yrs already)I DO NOT recommend ANYONE see this Dr. He is too young, cocky and ignorant to help. BEWARE!!!

Submitted June 30, 2011 | flag

A brilliant doctor who takes the time to explain procedures and really cares about his patients and their families. My adult son recently had brain surgery and we were told prior to the surgery what an excellent doctor he was. He proved that.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2009 | flag

When my mom was dying of brain cancer and also happened to be deaf, Dr. Mehta took the time to carefully explain the surgery she was having. He was always pleasant with a great bedside manner.

Submitted March 26, 2009 | flag

Excellent Neurosurgeon! I would reccomend him for Major Nerousurgery, Hands Down.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2009 | flag

Dr Mehta operated on our 9 year old son for tethered cord syndrome and we have had a very positive outcome. We had been seen previously at Sick Kids in Toronto and not been diagnosed until seeing Dr Mehta. He explained everything in easy to understand terms, for both us parents and our son. Despite complications requiring 2 further surgeries we are fully satisfied with the care he gave and the respectful way he treated our son as a person, not JUST a child. We would recommend him any day to look after your child.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2008 | flag

Dr Mehta saved my life. He is awesome, even on my bad days, he treated me with respect. I am back to a normal life and I have him to thank for it. God bless you Dr Mehta.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2008 | flag

Excellent Neurosurgeon - He treated my child like she was his own - he explained things with a common sense approach - I have heard from hospital staff he is an excellent technical neurosurgeon and it shows with my child's results - All parents should be reassured and we are lucky to have him in Edmonton !!!!

Submitted Nov. 6, 2008 | flag