Rate Dr. Ruben Cintron

Dr. Ruben Cintron's Ratings

I have been seeing the same Neurologist for the last 13 years. Dr. Cintron is the VERY BEST doctor I have even had. He is very interested at looking at any / all emerging studies or options. I read reviews below that said you can't get an appoint any closer than 30 days...yea, have you tried ANY office to get a same-day appt? These days, it does not happen. He shows up at zero-dark thrity, and leave long after his staff every day. Try an appt around 6 or 7am, and you might find it easier to make. He is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2592169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Long wait time, and staff never calls you back.. However I really enjoy Dr. Cintron, he is very helpful and knows his stuff.. To bad his staff screws it up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2517464].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

It took thirty day to get in for an appointment. When I arrived at 11:25 for an 11:30 appointment I was told they didn't have time to do the test; they wanted me there at 11:15 and I would have to come back the following week. I said no one had called the previous day to remind me of the appointment and that I should be there earlier. I was told they were short staffed. I made an appointment with another doctor near Landsdowne Hospital, saw him within five days and was diagnosed and treated. Very Poor experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449331].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

Don't bother trying to make an appt near noon...you'll sit in cue on their stupid phone system for 30 min. to then be tossed into voice mail because they hit the out to lunch button leaving calls in que to rollover. What's worse is you leave a message (taking more of your time) for a callback to get no call back. His staff is unprofessional. BEWARE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449330].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Dr. Cintron was always very polite, seemed caring. I had (what I found out later) complicated migraines) which presented like seizures. Because they did not show up on the EEG's or present like epilepsy, I always felt like Dr. Cintron thought I was lying. He sent me to GW EEG clinic, the Psychiatrist was a friend of his. They tried to prove the events were psychological. I was not told this by Dr. Cintron but thru my records. I found a wonderful doctor not long after, realized what caused the problems and haven't had a 'seizure' since. I would very much prefer to hear 'I don't know what is wrong', rather than reading that I must have a psychological issue because HE can't find the problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1407109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

Dr. Cintron is amazing! I've been on the same MS meds for 10 years (with a neurologist in Fairfax) and when I changed neurologists recently to Dr. Cintron, right away HE noticed a contraindication with my existing drugs & conditions!!! Wow! So glad I changed to him. He's very astute and 'gets' your picture of health quickly. I feel like I'm finally in good hands now! I'd highly recommend Dr. Cintron!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1407108].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2013

Dr. Cintron is an angel, pure and simple. I'm sure there are hundreds of qualified docs in the DC area but Cintron is in a class by himself -- caring, gentle, supportive, and experienced.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1407107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Dr. Cintron has been my neurologist since 2007. I have had epilepsy and essential tremor since I was 13 years old. I am now 48. I have seen many neurologists, including 5 since moving to VA in the mid 90's. I can tell you that Dr. Cintron is by far the most competent person I have ever seen. I appreciate the time he takes and the level of care he provides. In my case, I am amazed at the amount of personal information he is able to recall when I see him. I moved out of state for a while and he continued to treat me which was something I really appreciated. Most importantly, he has patiently taken the time to wean me off certain medications and find ones that were a better fit. If you know anything about seizure disorders, you understand that this can be a long, difficult process. In short, Dr. Cintron will listen to everything you have to say and will then map out a realistic plan and stay on top of it. In my opinion, there is not a more qualified neurologist in the D.C. area.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1407106].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2012

Dr. Cintron has been my neurologist for the past 10 years. He is dedicated to "BEING THERE" for his patients! I found him at age 18 based on a recommendation of the Brain Injury Association of America (BIA) and have been and am still very pleased with every interaction. 1) Experienced & Competent - Dr. Cintron determined the source of the complications I was having with concentration, processing, depression, mood stability, etc. after having a Traumatic Brain Injury from a car accident at the age of 9. 2) Focused on well-being of patients - He is able to describe what's going on in the brain in lay terms. Also, when I had an adverse reaction to a medication, he made a special appointment outside of office hours to see me on emergency. 3) Personal - In addition, he is very personal with his patients and remembers them and their history (even non-medical) over time. 4) He's very fast at responding to and coordinating with other doctors. I'd put up with the challenging staff ANY DAY!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1407105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

Dr. Cintron diagnosed my post concussive syndrome. He and his staff were the most professional I have ever seen.He is kind,understanding,and highly thought of in the field . He is the only one I trust with my current condition. Definitely would refer him to anyone and everyone in the country

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1407104].votes_count ]]