Dr. Simon Walling

Dr. Simon Walling

Rate Dr. Simon Walling

Dr. Simon Walling's Ratings

on September 12th 2001, Dr. Simon Walling performed my surgery fixing my chronic synostisis completely when I was four months old. 14 years later I am a healthy teenager with a very un-noticible scar across my head and my family is so thankful and blessed dr. Walling did such a great job or I'm not sure if I would be alive today! He is an amazing neurosurgeon and I definitely recommend dr walling! Thanks:)

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

Dr Walling has been there for my daughter so much in her 5 years of age; he has performed 9 of her 11 neurosugeries. He always takes the time to explain what the problem is/was and is happy to answer any questions. He has a great rapport with my daughter and always makes her laugh! He is a great great man and we are so lucky to have him in the region :)

Submitted Nov. 7, 2013 | flag

Several years ago Dr. Walling saved my husband's life. He suffered a TBI and had problems with fluid that were not relieved by normal measures. After a couple of shunt surgeries which failed to contol the problem, he performed an unusual surgery, not standard procedure, and the problem was solved. Less than a year later the shunt was no longer required and was removed. My husband has resumed working at his professional partnership with few problems. He is lucky to be alive, to be able to work and to enjoy life. Dr. Walling is an amazing surgeon, and a caring person. His dedication to his patients and his profession set him apart from any other doctor we have encountered. After leaving the hospital, followup was conducted at his office at the hospital, and we did not experience delays or problems. Saint John lost a great surgeon when he moved to Halifax, and a great person.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2013 | flag

Dr.Walling was awesome he did a great job on my neck...and the scar he left is pretty much faded. His Bed-side Manner is excellent I couldn't ask for a better Neurosurgeon. Thanks Again..Awesome Job

Submitted June 11, 2013 | flag

Dr Walling is an excellent doctor who put a first time shunt in my head on May 1, 2012 due to water on the brain. Dr Walling took the time to explain the surgery to me and always had time to answer all my questions. While I was in the hospital he visited me each day. I highly recommend Dr Walling and appreciate everything he has done for my family and myself. After the surgery he went out himself to explain how the surgery went to my nervous waiting wife. I can not thank this doctor enough for everything he has done.

Submitted May 15, 2012 | flag

I really don't know where to start we found out in August 2011 that our daughter had a large Brian tumor at the age of 3 on aug2 and were told to be in halifax ( we live in saint john) the next day to meet with dr walling and go over the plan. On aug 5she underwent surgery to try and remove the tumor or all of it, which took 16hrs and was the longest day of our lives. he got what he could get out leaving little. She went thru chemo to try and remove the rest, next MRI showed that there was still some left over so we did another surgery which took 8 hrs but was the best day our of lives because he came back to let us know that he got it all out, we are now in toronto doing a 3 month stem cell transplant to get rid of any microscopic cells that may be there that mri's can't see I guess. So we are on a journey that we may not have been able to take if it wasn't for Dr Walling and his crew. I just want to say he is the best doctor in the world and I owe him my life. Thanks a lot Dr walling.

Submitted Dec. 28, 2011 | flag

Yes, I agree with all the comments about how knowledgeable and caring Dr. Simon Walling is because that was my experience as well. I could not say the same for his staff.

Submitted Nov. 3, 2011 | flag

Dr. Walling seems like a very educated and well informed doctor. It was not his fault that I had to wait to see him, that was a symptom of our health care system. He was honest but very scary for me. I appreciate this honesty. I am in pain all day, every day and if I should accept the surgery I need, I will forever trust him. He was the first in his class to not offer me false hope or refer me to be someone eles problem. Bravo. The truth and life may hurt but he wishes not not harm me furthur. He is thusfar....A wonderful human being <3

Submitted Sept. 23, 2011 | flag

I had chiarimalformation and he knew exactly what it was,and done my operation. It has been 9 months and I am pain free. (my own doctor did not even know what that was)

Submitted Aug. 11, 2011 | flag

Dr. Walling was very willing to sit and patiently answer all of our questions regarding a complex Neurological situation with our daughter. He has returned our phone call when we left a msg. that things were getting worse. He was also very helpful with a referral to the Neurologist and the Complex Pain Mgt. Team.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2011 | flag