Rate Dr. Harold Stefanyk

Dr. Harold Stefanyk's Ratings

Dr. Stefanyk is a wonderful Doctor. I have nothing but praise in his abilities as a Doctor. His receptionist, Sandy is excellent and although very businesslike has always been very friendly and goes out of her way to get me a appointment on the day I call. Yes, sometimes it is a bit of a hassle to have to wait and call the same day your trying to get an appointment, but unfortunalty many doctors have had to do this, as many patients make their appointments weeks ahead and than are "no shows". Thank you Dr. Stefanyk and Sandy for helping me out when I need it the most.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2580635].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

Dr. Stefanyk is a great doctor. He genuinely cares about his patients and prefers to look at a lifestyle approach rather than jumping right into prescriptions. That said, he has prescribed necessary medications for me when needed. I enjoy going there even when I'm having problems because I feel I can trust him and know that all his patients are important to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2563367].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

Unfortunately, Dr. Stefanyk isn't someone I, or my family would recommend. He hasn't helped my family AT all. A family member complained of stomach problems for 2 years, and FINALLY the doctor decided to look into this, finding out it was colon cancer and an abscess on his colon. He died a month after this diagnoses. I really wish the doctor would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather. Now I will never see him again just because the doctor wouldn't simply run some tests. Another family member of mine has had kidney problems along with many other problems which he keeps brushing off. I fear everyday that the same thing will happen, just like my grandpa.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411778].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2012

Dr. Stefanyk is awesome if you can get past an appointment with him...Not a fan of the office staff. I find her rude and insensitive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2012

Dr. Stefanyk is truly an amazing man. Every member of my family has nothing but great things to say about him. He does run late, especially if you have an appointment at the end of the day, but thats because he spends extra time with every patient. His MOA is very abrupt, but she is very good at what she does. I owe my life (literally) to this man, and would recommend him to anybody

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411776].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2012

The problem with Stefanyk is not his abilities as a Dr. its the way he decides to run his practice. Its basically like a walk-in-clinic, except I would probally have better luck getting in with a walk-in clinic. Basically you are told to call first thing in the morning (9am) and try to get in for that day. The problem is it takes 20 mins just to get through the line (it feels like you are trying to win a contest with the radio station) then when you finally get through the receiptionist is quite rude and asks what it's about. If she feels it's not an important need then she tells you to call back a different day. (Which does not work for someone who works full time) I was told I was not "urgent" about half a dozen times within 2 months. Then other times, he was either not in the office or sick that day. Besides his awful way of "making appoitments" he is a good Dr and very pleasant to deal with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411775].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

Dr. Stefanyk is great. He is excellent at finding natural solutions to health problems and doesn't medicate unless he has to. He has a very holistic approach, by asking lots of questions and really getting to know his patients. He stresses the importance of exercise and healthy eating. I will say though, that sometimes he gets sidetracked and will carry on non-health related conversations with patients and I think that's why he's always so far behind. His receptionist does have a tendency to be abrasive but she is excellent at her job and is absolutely no-nonsense. I like their new scheduling system - before it would take several weeks to get in to see him whereas now I can get in that same day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2012

Dr. Stefanyk and his MOA are nothing but the most top notch professional people. Their booking system allows for patients to get medical attention within a day or 2. Other doctors may take up to 3 weeks for an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2011

The doctor is good, I have no issues with him. I do however have issues with how his practice is run. You can only book in the AM of the day you wish to see the doctor and can't ever book a day or two in advance. This means every morning their phone lines are jammed with people trying to make an appointment. When you finally get through you get to talk to a very unfriendly woman who basically gives you a time slot that meets THEIR schedule. Very unprofessional. As I said earlier though, I do like Dr. Stefanyk... he's down to earth and tells things how they are without beating around the bush.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411772].votes_count ]]