Rate Dr. Elliott P Weiss

Dr. Elliott P Weiss's Ratings

His receptionist at his other office is a crazy maker. She has hung up on me in the past I asked her to please hang on for one minute. Then responded by telling me that I had told her I would call her back. Why I would do this after playing phone tag for days is beyond me?? Then when leaving a msg at 'THE OFFICE OF DR ELLIOT WEISS" asking for a confirmation of apt time and not receiving a return call. I called the other number given and was told that it says on the msg to not leave a msg. I went and listened to it again, nowhere on this date does it say this anywhere. I did say the 2 number thing was confusing and I didn't quite understand it and the condescending response was that it was because it actually was his office too. I will not go to see Dr. Weiss anymore because I do not want to deal with the chaos nor the patronizing rudeness from his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2751682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Dr Weiss took time to understand my chronic pain problems and develop a big picture plan to remedy them. He provided excellent guidance and support through the process. Easy to talk to and a good sense of humour. Following surgery I am pain free for the first time in years. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2713381].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2015

Talks far too much about himself and his family and superfluous things that have nothing to do with me or my medical issues. When I see a doctor, I don't mind a little informal chit chat, but I expect the bulk of the session to be about ME. Instead of going over test results, he talked about everything else. When we finally got around to me, he asked me a couple of trick questions then cut me off as I spoke. I don't feel confident that he is working very hard to help me. I may not be the worst he has seen, as he has some patients who are suffering greatly, but my problem is mine and I want it addressed and not blown off. It may not be much to him, but it's everything to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2674318].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2015

You will either love Dr. Weiss, or you will hate him. He's blunt, to the point, has a very dark sense of humour and he will say what people don't want to hear. If you're fat, he will tell you to lose weight. If you have an ego, he will shatter it. If you don't have a sense of humour, he will offend you. But this man is a genius at what he does. He's totally changed my life after 10 years of nobody else being able to. If you can't handle blunt truths about your condition, you really need to do some self-evaluation before going to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2626850].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

One of my most negative experiences with a physician. He clearly decided what he thought I needed to hear without actually asking questions. He was hostile, rude, condescending and would not listen. I went with one basic question which I never got to ask because he kept interrupting me, lecturing me about subjects like pain control and opiods when that had nothing to do with why I was there. It was enormously frustrating and sadly a waste of time. I have no doubt that he's knowledgeable, but he has extremely poor communication skills.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2601433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

in my case and my experienced dealing him he's not prepared and he let his student do the job..he 's very rude I was upset how he presented himself as a doctor ...I would not recommend him with my friends and definitely I 'll never never come back!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2596528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

There is a reason that this doctor is rated dead-last in his category. Lack of basic human empathy and decency that one would expect when dealing with those who are ill. Dismissive. One could overlook that, I suppose, if the trade off is a skilled diagnostician who can evaluate and properly treat your problem. Unfortunately, you won't get that here either. I strongly strongly urge you to have your GP refer you elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2524155].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

His first remarks to me, when he first met me in VGH were that I WoF never walk on anything but pavement or flat ground. At home I had neither. Our relationship went downhill from there. Never was there any encouragement, only belittling remarks. I was threatened as to whom I should chose to make my prothestis and he constantly belittled my choice. If you have to go to Rehab at Holy Family. After a leg amputation you unfortunately will have deal with him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483551].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

I was referred to Mr. Weiss by my GP after I told her about the pain and discomfort on the left side of my rib cage. My ribs have been displaced on the left side since I was a teenager and I was wondering what it was due to and what could be done. After reading some of the reviews on here I was thinking of not going to see Dr. Weiss, but I'm glad I decided otherwise. Mr. Weiss was able to meet me 50 minutes late (I went to the wrong hospital due to my own mistake) and after a quick inspection was not only able to explain to me what was wrong with my rib, but also find a related issue with my spine that every doctor for the past 7 years missed. It turns out that the noticeable hump on my back, my bad posture, and my difficulty/pain after standing or walking for prolonged periods of time is very likely due to Scheuermann's disease. Dr. Weiss was friendly, highly experienced and even gave me some great advice in terms of my post-secondary education. Don't trust negative reviews so much!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1411951].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

Dr. Weiss is great! Has a great sense of humor, great bedside manner and takes the time to answer all my questions. He was very helpful and I would definitely recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1411950].votes_count ]]