Rate Dr. Elliott P Weiss

Dr. Elliott P Weiss's Ratings

You will either love Dr. Weiss, or you will hate him. He's blunt, to the point, has a very dark sense of humour and he will say what people don't want to hear. If you're fat, he will tell you to lose weight. If you have an ego, he will shatter it. If you don't have a sense of humour, he will offend you. But this man is a genius at what he does. He's totally changed my life after 10 years of nobody else being able to. If you can't handle blunt truths about your condition, you really need to do some self-evaluation before going to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2626850].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

One of my most negative experiences with a physician. He clearly decided what he thought I needed to hear without actually asking questions. He was hostile, rude, condescending and would not listen. I went with one basic question which I never got to ask because he kept interrupting me, lecturing me about subjects like pain control and opiods when that had nothing to do with why I was there. It was enormously frustrating and sadly a waste of time. I have no doubt that he's knowledgeable, but he has extremely poor communication skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

in my case and my experienced dealing him he's not prepared and he let his student do the job..he 's very rude I was upset how he presented himself as a doctor ...I would not recommend him with my friends and definitely I 'll never never come back!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2596528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

There is a reason that this doctor is rated dead-last in his category. Lack of basic human empathy and decency that one would expect when dealing with those who are ill. Dismissive. One could overlook that, I suppose, if the trade off is a skilled diagnostician who can evaluate and properly treat your problem. Unfortunately, you won't get that here either. I strongly strongly urge you to have your GP refer you elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2524155].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

His first remarks to me, when he first met me in VGH were that I WoF never walk on anything but pavement or flat ground. At home I had neither. Our relationship went downhill from there. Never was there any encouragement, only belittling remarks. I was threatened as to whom I should chose to make my prothestis and he constantly belittled my choice. If you have to go to Rehab at Holy Family. After a leg amputation you unfortunately will have deal with him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483551].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

I was referred to Mr. Weiss by my GP after I told her about the pain and discomfort on the left side of my rib cage. My ribs have been displaced on the left side since I was a teenager and I was wondering what it was due to and what could be done. After reading some of the reviews on here I was thinking of not going to see Dr. Weiss, but I'm glad I decided otherwise. Mr. Weiss was able to meet me 50 minutes late (I went to the wrong hospital due to my own mistake) and after a quick inspection was not only able to explain to me what was wrong with my rib, but also find a related issue with my spine that every doctor for the past 7 years missed. It turns out that the noticeable hump on my back, my bad posture, and my difficulty/pain after standing or walking for prolonged periods of time is very likely due to Scheuermann's disease. Dr. Weiss was friendly, highly experienced and even gave me some great advice in terms of my post-secondary education. Don't trust negative reviews so much!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1411951].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

Dr. Weiss is great! Has a great sense of humor, great bedside manner and takes the time to answer all my questions. He was very helpful and I would definitely recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

I am very disappointed with the service I received from Dr. Weiss. I waited three months for an appt. to see him for chronic back pain. Without examining me, he told me I was overweight and said my back wouldn't get better until I lost all the extra fat. I told him I have been seeing a nutritionist and have been working on nutrition and exercise to lose weight, but that I wanted an additional course of treatment for rehabilitation while I was losing weight, and asked if there was anything more I could do that wouldn't require medication as I don't want to take any. He didn't recommend physio or anything. He was very rude about the whole thing, saying, "Lean people like me don't have to work as hard to break a sweat, so you'll have to work twice as hard to get rid of all that fat." I was so taken aback by his bluntness that I didn't know how to respond. Overall poor experience - waiting three months for a 15-min appointment that didn't provide a course of treatment was a waste of time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411949].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411952].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2012

This gentleman and I use the term loosely is supposed to be the expert in B.C. for my illness. Upon visiting him (which he was 40 minutes late and was in the same hospital) proceeded to advise me and my wife that the only way to treat me was to cut off both legs at the knee's. He did not even look at my wounds because ( I quote ) I have no way to rebandage you. If this is a doctor then I want his paycheck because I can find more information on the Internet than what he provided me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411948].votes_count ]]