Rate Dr. Elliott P Weiss

Dr. Elliott P Weiss's Ratings

There is a reason that this doctor is rated dead-last in his category. Lack of basic human empathy and decency that one would expect when dealing with those who are ill. Dismissive. One could overlook that, I suppose, if the trade off is a skilled diagnostician who can evaluate and properly treat your problem. Unfortunately, you won't get that here either. I strongly strongly urge you to have your GP refer you elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2524155].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

His first remarks to me, when he first met me in VGH were that I WoF never walk on anything but pavement or flat ground. At home I had neither. Our relationship went downhill from there. Never was there any encouragement, only belittling remarks. I was threatened as to whom I should chose to make my prothestis and he constantly belittled my choice. If you have to go to Rehab at Holy Family. After a leg amputation you unfortunately will have deal with him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483551].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

I was referred to Mr. Weiss by my GP after I told her about the pain and discomfort on the left side of my rib cage. My ribs have been displaced on the left side since I was a teenager and I was wondering what it was due to and what could be done. After reading some of the reviews on here I was thinking of not going to see Dr. Weiss, but I'm glad I decided otherwise. Mr. Weiss was able to meet me 50 minutes late (I went to the wrong hospital due to my own mistake) and after a quick inspection was not only able to explain to me what was wrong with my rib, but also find a related issue with my spine that every doctor for the past 7 years missed. It turns out that the noticeable hump on my back, my bad posture, and my difficulty/pain after standing or walking for prolonged periods of time is very likely due to Scheuermann's disease. Dr. Weiss was friendly, highly experienced and even gave me some great advice in terms of my post-secondary education. Don't trust negative reviews so much!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411951].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

Dr. Weiss is great! Has a great sense of humor, great bedside manner and takes the time to answer all my questions. He was very helpful and I would definitely recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

I am very disappointed with the service I received from Dr. Weiss. I waited three months for an appt. to see him for chronic back pain. Without examining me, he told me I was overweight and said my back wouldn't get better until I lost all the extra fat. I told him I have been seeing a nutritionist and have been working on nutrition and exercise to lose weight, but that I wanted an additional course of treatment for rehabilitation while I was losing weight, and asked if there was anything more I could do that wouldn't require medication as I don't want to take any. He didn't recommend physio or anything. He was very rude about the whole thing, saying, "Lean people like me don't have to work as hard to break a sweat, so you'll have to work twice as hard to get rid of all that fat." I was so taken aback by his bluntness that I didn't know how to respond. Overall poor experience - waiting three months for a 15-min appointment that didn't provide a course of treatment was a waste of time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411949].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411952].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2012

This gentleman and I use the term loosely is supposed to be the expert in B.C. for my illness. Upon visiting him (which he was 40 minutes late and was in the same hospital) proceeded to advise me and my wife that the only way to treat me was to cut off both legs at the knee's. He did not even look at my wounds because ( I quote ) I have no way to rebandage you. If this is a doctor then I want his paycheck because I can find more information on the Internet than what he provided me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2012

When asked about my MRI and where my pain was coming from, he told me straight up: "I'm not going to tell you" I was so confused!! A Doctor just said that to me?! Worst Doctor ever, I will never go back!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411947].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2011

Dr. Weiss is great. He is to the point and thorough and I really enjoyed my visit. I am not sure why people are complaining about him, probably because he isn't a pill pusher.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411946].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

asked questions but did not listen to the answer...physical exam was questionable. Insulted my GP...a man who has been caring for me for more than 10 years and I really respect. Told me about his kids, didn't ask about mine. They are important to my condition. Believe it or not after 10 years I know a thing or two about what is wrong with me. I just want help. Clearly not going to get it here. Also, be careful with stereotyping sir, it works both ways. Made rude comments about the previous patient as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1411945].votes_count ]]