Rate Dr. Joseph Dort

Dr. Joseph Dort's Ratings

A couple of years ago Dr. Dort treated me for tongue cancer, no doubt saving my life. He removed a big tumor so skillfully that I have no detectable problems with speech despite having a big piece missing. Further surgery was required to ensure beyond a reasonable doubt that there was no cancer left in my system. This was also performed so well that the scar just looks like a bit of a wrinkle. His skill as a surgeon is exceeded only by his dedication to his patients, staff and students and his caring and compassionate personality. We need more doctors like this. Thanks Dr. Joe.

Submitted Nov. 29, 2013 | flag

Dr. Dort is an incredible man and doctor.Six years ago I had a serious sword swallowing injury (I was Canada's Only Professional Female sword swallowing performer for 16 years)which resulted in a massive infection that extended from my chest cavity right up into my skull.Dr. Dort and an incredible team at Foothills literally saved my life. I found Dr. Dort to be kind, funny and incredible! Great bedside manner! I will be forever grateful!!!!!!!!!

Submitted Jan. 13, 2013 | flag

Dr Dort is a super pleasant and very approachable physician with a sense of humour. I saw him as part of a clinical study for oral cancer. He was very through with an examination and provided plenty of information and details. I only wish he had been my surgeon. I requested a transfer to his care, following my surgery, as I felt my surgeon and I were just not a good fit, but my request was denied :(

Submitted Nov. 10, 2012 | flag

He is outstanding. Dr. Dort operated on me for tongue cancer and I must admit this man is not only an outstanding surgeon but a truly outstanding human being. I will never forget the care and compassion he showed me and has continued to show. He is a class act and my prayers and best wishes will always be for him and his family (and Drs. Matthews and Shregg). Michelle is also fantastic.

Submitted Sept. 14, 2010 | flag

I have had dealing with Dr Dort for a long time, and I would trust him with just about anything. He will give you the facts you need w/o candy coating them. He is compassionate and will do whatever it takes for his patients. IF you are in the need of this specialty then you may as well have the best.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2009 | flag

Fabulous doctor. Kind, gentle, knowledgeable and makes you feel as if you're his special patient. A very nice man and a great doctor.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2008 | flag

yes very good at what he does keep up the good work. We need more doctor's like you but most of the doc's today know nothing

Submitted Oct. 29, 2008 | flag

Dr. Dort saved my live. No question about it.After almost 2 years (October 3 2005)I am most thankful for what he has done for me. Tongue cancer can be very deadly, but I am better than ever right now. Also Michelle is a sweetheart. I am very much impressed with all the wonderful people I have met at Foothills and the Tom Baker hospitals. Thomas.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2007 | flag

Amazing surgeon. He was thorough, knowledgeable and punctual. Known as the "best" at what he does.

Submitted May 15, 2007 | flag

The best surgeon I have ever come in contact with (I have had many). The best thing my SK ENT did for me was refer me to Dr. Dort. His receptionist Michelle was so great. Would definately be my first choice to see again if needed. Would definately recommend, and I have, to anyone with ear problems that needs surgery

Submitted April 24, 2007 | flag