Rate Dr. Jeffrey Somerville

Dr. Jeffrey Somerville's Ratings

Best and most helpful doctor around

Submitted Aug. 21, 2014 | flag

Doctor Somerville is AMAZING! Hands down the best Doctor I've ever had! Dr. Somerville delivered my 2nd and 3rd babies, the 1st was delivered by a doctor in Calgary and looked like they had done my C-section with a dull butter knife, I had no idea how badly I was put back together after my 1st baby until after doctor Somerville delivered my 2nd baby and took the time to repair as much damage as possible. I felt like a million dollars hours after the C-section! compared to a more then 3 month recovery from the 1st. After Dr Somerville delivered my 3rd I look and feel better then ever!! My stomach looks like a stomach again and not a bulky sweater, THANK YOU DOCTOR SOMERVILLE! <3 :D Your the bestest!

Submitted June 25, 2014 | flag

I am also a nurse, and when I asked around to my nursing colleagues and physician colleagues as to who was the most respected and best OBGYN in Nanaimo, I received an overwhelming recommendation for Dr. Somerville. My experience with him has been fantastic. He takes his time in office, and never rushes through appointments regardless as to how busy he is. He's thorough, smart and has a great bed side manner. He always starts out every appointment with "do you have any questions" and genuinely wants to take the time to answer any and all. Sometimes he runs behind in appointments, but I attribute this to the individualized, non rushed care that he provides. I'll take a 30 minute wait with a thorough appointment over a rushed and uninterested doctor any day. Now, I like my colleagues would highly recommend Dr. Somerville.

Submitted April 30, 2014 | flag

Dr. Sommerville is the best doctor I have ever had the pleasure of using!! He helped me through 3 pregnancies and 3 deliveries, all had different challenges and I always felt like I was in good hands. I appreciated his mellow manner, it kept the tough situations calm and secure. Highly recommend!!!! If baby #4 comes along he will be my 1st choice, hands down!!

Submitted June 9, 2012 | flag

Dr. Somerville Is the only doctor i trust! I truely owe him my life as well as my daughters life. He is wonderful, straight forward and genuinely cares about his patients. I have had to wait a few occasions, but i do believe that him assisting with a birth or calming a terrified first time mom down is worth the wait and takes his time with each patient... which is better than any other doctor i have ever found. I dont feel doctors should push you through your appointment and not listen, Dr. Somerville listens and is truely helpful. My entire family (including the supporting males) stand by Dr. Somerville... he is the best and has delievered all the children in the family over the last decade and have dealt with my high risk pregnancy/delivery. I rate him a million out of 10 and hope that he is still around when my daughter is older and needing him. Only OBGYN that i recommend to anyone! I love him :)

Submitted Feb. 10, 2012 | flag

He was the covering doctor when mine was out of town at the time of my son's birth, he knew how fast the first delivery I had was yet didn't show up until it was time to catch him, in his sweaty work out clothes no less! I ended up job shadowing at his office a couple of years later and he was very rude and pompous, he is a very superficial man which I was also told by his staff, he has no respect for a bigger woman.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2012 | flag

I have seen Dr. Sommerville 2 times and each time I have waited for an hour or more to get in. It's hard to sit in the waiting room listening to him chat about non-work related stuff while you wait. I also found his bedside manners very unprofessional. I don't easily get embarrassed, so that means something. I have been trying to get a procedure done with him for 7 months now. It took three months to get in the first time only to find out he preferred to see me during a different part of my 'cycle', so when I went back the 2nd time, I thought we'd be good to go. Unfortunately (not due to his error) it couldn't be done in his office, so I have now been waiting for day surgery for upwards of 8 weeks when I was originally informed it would be within 2 'or so'. Very disappointed to say the least. I've since found a Dr that will do it for me around my schedule, so will not be going back to Dr. Sommerville.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2012 | flag

I was so happy with Dr. Somerville. He was very quick to put me at ease. His staff was just as wonderfull! I have told all my friends this is the Doctor you want to see.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2011 | flag

The receptionists are very nice and helpful, but Dr. Sommerville is the most unprofessional doctor I've ever had. He is rude, and actually had the nerve to make a joke about my grandmother who is deceased. I've never had a problem with other gynecologists, so this was a first for me. Its also taken 4 months to get my prescription filled. All he had to do was call my insurance company and get it approved, and I would call the office twice a week to remind them, but he still did not get it done until this month. I asked CVS to give him a call but he faxed them the wrong paperwork TWICE, even after the pharmacist told him the first time he sent the wrong paperwork. The pharmacist tech as well as the pharmacist actually asked me if I was sure I wanted to continue seeing this doctor. Also, in order to get a hold of anyone you have to leave a message which is VERY inconvenient. If you have the choice to see him or another doctor, please go with the other doctor.

Submitted May 4, 2011 | flag

Dr Somerville was the only doctor willing to take on my high risk pregnancy with my son, after having had 6 misscarriages by the age of 22 he helped me believe I would have a healthy baby.... And I did, although I had a c-section and he was early this man saved both our lives. When it came to my second she was delivered via c-section as well by him, he is the most wonderful doctor I have travelled from the mainland to see him and now he is my ob for my third baby expected this summer... Yes you usually have to wait to see him.......but it is worth it!!!! You will never find a better doctor.

Submitted March 26, 2011 | flag