You may also like

Rate Dr. Sue Pedersen

Dr. Sue Pedersen's Ratings

I went to see Dr. Sue Pederson as a new patient and found her quite professional, to the point and very well educated in her specialty. She may come across as 'abrupt' to some patients but she is actually being very articulate and knows what she is talking about. A very intelligent, observant doctor. I will continue seeing her and find her personally pleasant and very knowledgeable in her field. Thank you Dr. Sue for your good advice and medical care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2807932].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

An absolute waste of time! I waited 2+ months for this appointment and it was a complete joke and waste of time!!!

Firstly, there’s almost no parking space, and I had to pay to park there. That’s the first time I’ve had to pay for parking to see a doctor. Secondly, I was told to arrive 30 minutes early, which I did, but I still ended up waiting 30 minutes past my scheduled appointment. I did not see anybody leave from the examination office, so there was definitely no patient ahead of me, and yet I was still made to wait.

When the doctor finally decided to grace me with her presence it was for ONLY 6 minutes! She was dismissive, rude, and rushed through the entire 'examination' (if you could call 6 minutes an examination). I was asked, by her staff, to time and log certain things for over 2 months and bring those log sheets with me to the appointment. The doctor didn’t even spare a glance at any of the paperwork I had brought with me (so, I wasted 2 months of my time for nothing). Additionally, she refused to answer any of my questions or provide me with anything that resembled a complete, well thought out, reply. When I brought up concerns I had about the medication I was on, or tried to ask her about any of my test results (which she had a copy of on her computer), she just replied with very vague answers such as 'possibly,' 'maybe,' and 'there's something going on there' (well, duh, that's why I'm here to see you, so you could diagnose and help resolve the problem!). In the end she just said she'll refer me to a different doctor and to come back to see her in 6 months.

In a nutshell, if you value yourself at all, I would not go to see this doctor. Her attitude was awful; I felt like I got the same amount of attention as she’d give a piece of gum stuck to the bottom of her shoe. I got no new information and/or insight about my health status from her. I don’t see any point to my visit, aside from making me feel like a bug.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2797254].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

I am not sure if we are all talking about the same Dr. Sue Pedersen, If we are, I will have to totally disagree with all the negative ratings in here, After a long search for a good endo, I was finally referred to her, I find her very knowledgeable in her field, I never felt that she was rushing every time I see her, I never felt that she doesn't listen when I have questions, I always see Dr. Pedersen quarterly and when she told me that I will let you know when it will be safe for you to get pregnant I will have someone to call you, and she did. I have actually felt that this woman actually cares every time I get to see her, she always ask if I have further question and how I felt, because of her my thyroid condition is actually way way better. I can't seem to find any bad experience with her. I honestly believe that she is one of the best specialist I have seen. ( have been with 2 before her)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2735872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

I waited for months for my referral to this doctor. It was a complete and utter waste of time. She was arrogant, dismissive, and cold. I am now being treated by another specialist for my thyroid condition. Avoid.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2666193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2014

Dr. Sue has been my endocrinologist for about 4 years, I have found her to be outstanding in her care and followup. I also find her to be very professional, I appreciate her straight forward manner and advice. I have only the highest regard for her and her care has improved my health,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2619555].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

Lack people skills. Like other said, always in a hurry and does not answer to patient concerns. Staff are also not friendly. Never comes out with realy diagnosis. It looks like staff following the footsteps of the doctor. If you are serious of your ailment, try looking for another endo specialist. The other sad part is you have to pay for parking to meet this doctor. You can always shell out money for parking if the doctor has the knowledge and the attitude/friendly approach in dealing with pateint concerns.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2598570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Sue for about 4 months and she is the worse doctor I have ever been too. Not only are you not heard, she is unable to express any concern, compassion or knowledge around the huge nodule in my thyroid. She is always in a hurry, unable to answer my questions and she once even got up while I was in mid sentence and started to walk out the door. I am currently waiting to see another endo....and I can hardly wait! Dr. Sue's personality and people skills are extremely lacking and it frankly shocks me that some others have found her to be a friend??? Really....how is that possible...I am not even sure she is human? Her staff is not overly friendly and I once watched them fight at the front counter. The wait time to get in to the initial appointment is very long...and my advice to you
is to see someone else!!!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2560757].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Close-minded, not willing to listen or have any compassion. Likely, she is very knowledgeable but that doesn't hold a candle to her flippant, curt attitude.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2531660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

Her staff are friendly and professional. She is cool and professional. She was forty minutes late for my AM appointment and then rushed me out of her office in under 15 minutes. She is unwilling to discuss options. She did not ask me about my diet, exercise regime, general emotional well being, nor was she terribly interested in my plans for the future where it may have concerned endocrinology. I was immediately judged based on my body type and then curtly dismissed. In a field where the symptoms are the only thing this pill is treating, I find it inexcusable to have not even asked about my symptoms. When I asked about treatment during pregnancy I was told to; "Call the office when you are pregnant". I'll be calling another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2510225].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

I have been with Dr. Sue for a few years now. The office is always very punctual; it runs like a well oiled machine, which is nice for purposes of knowing exactly how long you will take. Having said that, I lack a connection with her. Her appointments feel rushed and she does not elicit a "warm, fuzzy" feeling. She tries to present as professional, assertive and knowledgeable but, instead, comes across as cold and disconnected. I'm sure she cares but does not present that in a genuine manner. She is also very set in her ways - she doesn't like to listen to alternative options, very quickly shutting you down because she feels her way is always the right way. To her (and her office's credit), when tests are run, there is typically a quick follow-up of results. She is well researched and I do feel like she has good knowledge on my case.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449490].votes_count ]]