Rate Dr. Gudrun Caspar-Bell

Dr. Gudrun Caspar-Bell's Ratings

Was referred to her for a follow up for a pituitary tumour. Her bedside manner was horrible, I went to her for a pituitary tumour and ended up getting a lecture about weightloss and diabetes. I get that she sees horrible effects of diabetes but what about my pituitary tumour? Interns were very thorough and had very good bedside manners, glad they didn't learn rudeness from her! Would hate to be under her care all the time. Would drive to Regina or out of province instead.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2532359].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

She is not trained to treat auto immune thyroid or adrenal fatigue.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2493807].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

i am so far impressed with caspar bell she seems very educated and tells it like it is. caspar bell has a good bedside manner and is trying to help me figure out what is wrong. her secretary needs to learn that patients are phoning to get answers not to be told very rudely that " we will phone u when we do ok"' i did not appreciate the attitude!!!!!!! i have already waited well over a yr to have it dragged out further than it needs to be .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1415670].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Dr.Caspar-Bell was the only doc who did not give up on me. I was sent to so many doctors, and specialists who gave me a 2 second exam and a "usual" diagnosis and sent me packing with more drugs that did not help me in any way. She admitted me for 2 weeks and did the most thorough exams and testing that i have ever heard of. She had other departments of medicine involved, and would not allow me to be discharged until there was an answer. She is a bit rough around the edges, and quite blunt. However i appreciated that when it came to my health. I was glad to have someone who did not take no for an answer when it came to emergency scanning and testing, and someone who would not give up. I am eternally grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1415669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2012

She is the only Dr. who would not give up on my son. Even after testing did not show the expected results. When other doctors could not find the reasons for his symptoms and said it was all in his head. she kept saying "what if it was my son". she has worked tirelessly for us.Now that receptionist needs to get fired...we call her THE GATE KEEPER. If you have trouble with her tell Casper-Bell.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1415668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2011

I was very impressed with Dr. Caspar-Bell! I saw her the day after my gp appointment where I was referred to her. Very prompt. I did not have an appointment but she fit me in. I only waited ten minutes to get into the exam room. I truly appreciated her concern and her down to earth bedside manner. I wish more doctors would talk to patients like she does. Very down to earth and forthcoming. I have not been to a more thorough specialist. I loved her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1415667].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2010

Wehn I went to see her she was very high on her horse, with little knowledge or care about what information I had to share about thyroid. Her way or the highway. I have since recovered with another Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1415666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2010

1.5 hour late for the first appointment of the morning. Did not provide an apology- didn't even acknowledge her tardiness. Did not speak to me directly, spoke only to her resident. Disregarded my 50+ years of controlling my own diabetes. Insinuated that I knew nothing about my own condition and how to control it. Suggested my blood sugars should be between 3.5-4 and under those circumstances I would be in shock! When I told her this, she told me I knew nothing about my condition and that SHE should be in control of my insulin dosages. She asked me to leave my blood sugars for a 4 day/1week/2week period with the nurse in her office, but then I got no followup or feedback. I feel that I cannot return to her as a physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1415665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2009

Just writing to tell people their wait could be 18-24 months to see her. And that is after 3 months of waithing already. Her staff doesn't seem to know what is going on. No one can give you an appointment time, in her office. I think she needs better office staff, if they are booking two years out then give people a date already.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1415664].votes_count ]]