Rate Dr. Gudrun Caspar-Bell

Dr. Gudrun Caspar-Bell's Ratings

I accompanied my father in to an appointment with her after she had seen him in hospital. She was so rude and arrogant! She told him that all he needed to do is to lose weight as that was causing all of his medical issues. She even went as far as to put him on a diet of V8 for two weeks. As a result of this, my father has developed gout as well as other medical issues. Instead of looking at the real problem, which is a hormonal issue, she just dismissed it because he is "overweight". Well doctor, that happens when your hormones are out of whack. Instead of trying to make the world skinny (which you are no one to talk), maybe you should look at people as human beings rather than just saying their problems revolve around "putting too much food in your mouth". Also trying to get a hold of them for anything is next to impossible. Most of the time, she does not send any consult letters back to the family doctors. I thought if you go to see a specialist that they are supposed to report back to the family doctor of their findings and not refuse to send information if requested. HOW RUDE!!! I would recommend you go seek out any other Endocrinologist if you need one, even if your doctor refers you to her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2654197].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

Initally saw Dr. Caspar-Bell in September for hormones that were way out of control. She was on time, but that was about it. She never once asked me about my symptoms - just told me that she wanted to see me in 4-6 weeks and to have bloodwork and urine tests repeated in 4 weeks which she would review with me the next time she saw me. She called my home 3 days later and put me on a medication for my thyroid. When I tried to book another appointment (like I was instructed to), her secretary told me that they only see their patients once a year! I still have no answers and can't get in for another appointment. My family doctor isn't sure what she is supposed to do, as she thought the endocrinologist would be dealing with my imbalance. My medication, Synthroid, runs out in 2 weeks with no refills. As a nurse, I know that once you are put on Synthroid, you never get off it it because your body needs it. Very unimpressed with the lack of care that I am getting. Furthermore, her receptionist is very rude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2645991].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

Dr. Caspar-Bell is a very intelligent physician. She is not afraid to tell you the truth about your health and will not sugar coat a single thing. In our Canadian culture, we are often timid telling people their overweight or unhealthy because it seen as rude. I would rather have a physician be real with me and tell me how to get better than anything else. She will give you her personal cellphone number out to patients, makes meal plans for her patients, and ensures that every patient she has is getting the best care. Her bedside manners are one thing, but she cares. That caring nature is difficult to find in a "nice and polite" physician now-a-day. It's painful to see such rude comments about her. Just think about it, would you rather be treated and be healthy, or have a pleasant conversation.
She's the House of Saskatoon. If you are able to see her, you're damn lucky.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

Was referred to her for a follow up for a pituitary tumour. Her bedside manner was horrible, I went to her for a pituitary tumour and ended up getting a lecture about weightloss and diabetes. I get that she sees horrible effects of diabetes but what about my pituitary tumour? Interns were very thorough and had very good bedside manners, glad they didn't learn rudeness from her! Would hate to be under her care all the time. Would drive to Regina or out of province instead.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2532359].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

She is not trained to treat auto immune thyroid or adrenal fatigue.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2527694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2493807].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

i am so far impressed with caspar bell she seems very educated and tells it like it is. caspar bell has a good bedside manner and is trying to help me figure out what is wrong. her secretary needs to learn that patients are phoning to get answers not to be told very rudely that " we will phone u when we do ok"' i did not appreciate the attitude!!!!!!! i have already waited well over a yr to have it dragged out further than it needs to be .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1415670].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Dr.Caspar-Bell was the only doc who did not give up on me. I was sent to so many doctors, and specialists who gave me a 2 second exam and a "usual" diagnosis and sent me packing with more drugs that did not help me in any way. She admitted me for 2 weeks and did the most thorough exams and testing that i have ever heard of. She had other departments of medicine involved, and would not allow me to be discharged until there was an answer. She is a bit rough around the edges, and quite blunt. However i appreciated that when it came to my health. I was glad to have someone who did not take no for an answer when it came to emergency scanning and testing, and someone who would not give up. I am eternally grateful.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1415669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2012

She is the only Dr. who would not give up on my son. Even after testing did not show the expected results. When other doctors could not find the reasons for his symptoms and said it was all in his head. she kept saying "what if it was my son". she has worked tirelessly for us.Now that receptionist needs to get fired...we call her THE GATE KEEPER. If you have trouble with her tell Casper-Bell.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1415668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2011

I was very impressed with Dr. Caspar-Bell! I saw her the day after my gp appointment where I was referred to her. Very prompt. I did not have an appointment but she fit me in. I only waited ten minutes to get into the exam room. I truly appreciated her concern and her down to earth bedside manner. I wish more doctors would talk to patients like she does. Very down to earth and forthcoming. I have not been to a more thorough specialist. I loved her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1415667].votes_count ]]