Rate Dr. Walter Hader

Dr. Walter Hader's Ratings

Dr. Hader is a great surgeon but his bedside manner is something that needs definite work. I believe that after more then 30 years of seizures. They have definitely

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642294].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

There are no words to describe how amazing Dr. Hader is. He has been our 5 year old daughter's neurosurgeon for the past year and a half. He has performed two brain decompression surgeries on her and will possibly be doing a spinal fusion surgery on her in the near future. He is very knowledgable and a genuinley compassionate person. He is extremely confident which is also very reassuing when your child is about to go into surgery. I am so glad that he is our daughter's NS. ALso, punctuality shouldn't be considered in rating a Neurosurgeon. When they need to take a bit longer with a patient, its a good thing that they aren't rushing! If you have ever been the ones in need of a bit of extra time, you'll understand that! When I have driven my child 3 hours to see him to discuss if and when to proceed with another brain/spinal surgery, when we have MRIS , CTs, sleepstudies, x-rays, etc and a long list of other issues to discuss and questions to ask I am thankful that I am not rushed out of the room! I saw my daughter in a lot of pain and saw her condition progressing rapidly and I was helpless... but once I got in that room with him, that was the time I finally felt like I was able to do something, able to help her by coming up with a plan with Dr. Hader to treat her. He stays at clinic until ever patient has been seen unless he gets called out. And when they get called into emergency surgery, its not ideal for the waiting room full of patients but they are saving lives. We have been on both ends - in need of extra time and waiting when someone else was. So I will wait patiently as I know he is where he needs to be, doing the best job he knows how. And when our turn comes, we will have his full undivided attention!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634071].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

Dr. Hader is an amazing doctor. He is very informative, and open to any questions. He takes the time you need when you have an appt (Which is why we don't mind waiting for him during his clinics) sometimes the wait is a long one, but it is worth it. Soo many good reviews, and it is obvious as to why.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1416722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2013

Dear Dr.Hader. Thank you so, so, so, very, much for being my caring, respectful, kind and awesome neurosurgeon. Thank you for answering all the questions I had.I give praise to God our Father in Heaven for the miracle of my brain surgery. I had epileptic seizures for 45 years. I am now seizure free for 3.5 years.I praise God for miracles. I thank God that you are my neurosurgeon Dr. Hader. Thanks again for everything. With Jesus' Love Rachel Brouwer

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1416721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2013

Dr. Hader was very patient with us and helped me understand the options for helping my daughter when she had a severe life threatening neck injury. Staff were awesome and never felt like we were being treated like just patients. He also worked with Dr. Hurlburt to fix the issue permanently! Great care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1416720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2013

i had l5/s1 discectomy 9 days ago and he has fixed the problom i woke pain free in my leg witch was great feeling after several mths. i am now haveing weakness feeling in my leg witch i am sure will go away with some physio. he is a great surgeon and would recomend him to anyone that was in need. my only issues is with the staff on call backs never get one if i leave a message so i just keep calling. thank you

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1416719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2012

To hopefully end my seizures I had brain surgery (my hippocampus) in March, 2012. It has now been 7 months and I almost wish I had done it years back. There is a time span to healing that takes patience and hard work. I am now feeling great and have not had a seizure since (hopefully never again)! I really want to thank Dr. Hader for changing my life and being so kind to me in the hospital. :) Terry H.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1416718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2012

He's the best. I had epilepsy for 30 years of my life. Several Doctors have said that there was nothing they could do. They kept feeding me useless medications and I kept having severe seisures. Dr. Hader took a look at my condition and said something could be done. I had surgery and haven't had a seizure for 9 months now. Thank God for Dr. Hader.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1416717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2012

My son has just had right temporal lobe surgery in the Alberta Children's Hospital after struggling with epilepsy for more than 5 years. Dr Hader is our hero and I believe our lives will be changed forever. He is kind, caring and explains everything and always has time for questions. He made me feel comfortable from day one. I would not have wanted any other surgeon to do this surgery. We love Dr Hader :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1416716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2012

I was diagnosed with epilepsy 3 years ago after being diagonsed they also found a small tumor. After many appointments with Dr. Hader I had decided to go through with the brain surgery to have the tumor removed. Throughout the whole expierience they were all so helpful and caring. Any problems or concerns I had they did there best to help me. I would highly recommened Dr.Hader, he was (is) very patient and kind. It will be a year tomorrow and I haven't had one siezure since the surgery. His staff has been in contact with me this whole year with periodic check ups. Although it was a scary expierience, I always felt confident when dealing with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1416715].votes_count ]]