Rate Dr. Charles H Tator

Dr. Charles H Tator's Ratings

Saw him recently in regards to a concussion. Another doctor took my history and performed a physical exam, then repeated his notes word for word to Dr. Tator when he came in after the examination. Dr. Tator has a friendly demeanour. They spent a lot of time talking to each other about my MRI images.. not because there was anything remarkable or wrong with my brain but because they were impressed with the detail in the image, apparently I must have lied very still.... and then they talked a lot about the equipment they have to do imaging, and about a new MRI machine they were going to purchase and how much it was going to cost. As I studied brain imaging at university, this was all very interesting, but it had nothing to do with my immediate medical situation. Other than continued rest, he did not offer a real plan of action or any suggestions (that I have since heard about from other doctors) in terms of diet, supplements and alternative therapies (e.g., acupuncture). He did offer a "concussion support group" and asked if I would be willing to participate in a research study... I said I would be happy to... but I never heard anything from his office about the support group or the research project. After several weeks I called back but have still had no response.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2628494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

Thank you Dr Tator for the amazing job you did 15 years ago fusing the vertebrae my neck. After a sports injury I had suffered from in my early twenties.In my mid thirties it came back to haunt me. Working out one day I suffered a large loss of strength to my right side. A disc had shifted in my neck afflicting some nerves. These caused me considerable pain. After having an MRI I learned my spinal column was being crushed. My older brother a student of Dr Tators recommended him to me.DR Tator was deeply concerned for me his concern was that this issue could easily digress into quad or paraplegic problems.I spent 8 and one half hours on the table. Two discs were removed and fused. I have continued to live a healthy physically lift life since that operation. It was a most wonderful gift for me. I am forever grateful to Dr Tator for his fine workmanship. He gave me a new lease on life.With Thanks Brian Weir

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1416750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2011

Dr Tator did my Chiari surgery. He could not explain cause of my tremors. He did not inform me I was not to move my neck for 3 months after surgery and when a physical therapist was incorrectly sent to my room to instruct me to do hourly neck rotations Dr Tator was of no help for the ongoing pain I suffered due to hosp error. I was told to give recovery up to a year. When that time came and went and I was still no better, neither myself nor my Drs recieved replies from him as to what was going on with me. I felt like I nolonger exsisted to him. For some reason the hosp can not locate my files either. Not sure who is to blame for that.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1416749].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Had back surgery back in 2000. 11 years later I am still pain free and mobile.I recall Dr Tator being so patient with me (I was terrified). He took the time to explain my circumstances and ensured I clearly understood and was well informed. Surgery went fantastic.I am so grateful for his skill and knowledge. Thank you Dr Tator. I am so grateful to you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1416748].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2011

Dr. Tator Is the best doctor I have seen. I saw him yesterday and it was a wonderful experience. He really cares. Thank you Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1416747].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2010

Visited Dr Charles Tator at Toronto Western Hospital yesterday, very professional, explained my problems in simple terms, made me feel very comfortable, excellent credentials, very accomodating, Maria his assistant is one of the best, would recommend to everyone with spinal problems

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1416746].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2010

Dr. Tator fused my neck during an operation that took place 26 years ago. I was 17 at the time and had sustained a serious injury playing hockey. the surgery was and remains a complete success. Before, during, and after surgery, Dr. Tator was the epitone of class, skill, and knowledge. I owe him a debt that cannot be repaid. He allowed me to live a pain free and fully functional life. I would not hestitate to recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1416745].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2009

he is an amazing man - removed accoustic neuroma from my husband over 10 years ago - successfully - I've heard he is no longer performing surgery - too bad - hopefully he will continue to teach and consult.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1416744].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2009

I have a very rare neck condition, Arnold Chiari Malformation Type I. Many of the people who have this condition are Type I. Other neurosurgeons ahve told me "that is a childhood condition", but I did not experience any pain symptoms in childhood. It is difficult to explain the chronic, daily, sometimes throbbing pain and headaches that one experiences with this condition. Dr. Tator was the first doctor in over 25 years of my pain history who basically said to me, I know and understand you have pain. You will likely have pain for the rest of your life. We need to see how we can manage this pain. An absolutely wonderful neurosurgeon whom I recommend highly!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1416743].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2009

He is very up-to-date on the latest in neurosurgery. I was very impressed with the amount of time, he spent with me, and the kindness and compassion he showed. I have been to many neurosurgeons and he is by far the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1416742].votes_count ]]