Rate Dr. Elizabeth Blake

Dr. Elizabeth Blake's Ratings

She is a great doctor that takes time with you to hear the issues and has the knowledge to help guide you to make an informed medical decision. I don't understand the low ratings on here, those people should find another doctor and free up her busy practice.

Submitted Nov. 27, 2013 | flag

I found Doctor Blake to be very rude and unprofessional. She doesn't know whats wrong with you unless your pregnant and then gives you pills. She also told my sister she would get cancer based on her pap smear test, my sister was physically sick for weeks scared. She told me when i had a miscarriage that "well other women have miscarriages" I do not want to hear that. Lastly, she gave my brother anti depressant right away, the next time i went in there I told her he needed to see a doctor he can talk to and need to be diagnosed properly. He was sent to a psychiatrist and was told he had a "mood disorder". For her unprofessionalism with me i asked her when i was 16 what a pap smear was and she said no joke "Its an exam down below" like what? and my ear are "dull". Her staff I find is rude as well and tries to push things on you. Shes never open as well or on time, and i do not how she has 3.5 rating on here.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2013 | flag

seems to keep me working pretty good. If she is not sure she sends you somewhere

Submitted May 8, 2012 | flag

Dr. Blake is not my family doctor but I did see her years ago in ER. She ordered a test that led to a diagnosis. Had it not been for her, I may still be searching for a diagnosis. I'm thankful she was there in the ER that night - she was kind, helpful, gentle, and I did not feel rushed. Although I feel bad for others who have not had good appointments - not all appointments go well and sometimes doctors need to send us to someone else to get an opinion. Thank-you Beth!

Submitted Nov. 29, 2011 | flag

Dr Blake has been our family doctor since our last doctor retired. I was a little upset that we were not given the choice to change docters since she was so young and inexperienced.It is almost imposible to get an appointment with her and we have been to the ER or seen her nurse more than her herself.I find she is quite good with my children and my mother however when it comes to my health concerns she doesn't listen, disregards my concerns, and makes me feel incompetent.I will say that her bedside mannor has improved throughout the years however it still needs alot of work.I too work in the health care field and the most important thing is that your patients trust you and can feel comfortable confiding in you. After being a patient of Dr Blakes for over 5 years I can not say that I trust and confide in my doctor.If given the choice I would find myself another doctor and not recommend her for anyone between the ages of 25-50.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2010 | flag

Dr. Blake is to the point, which often can be confused with having a lack of compassion for her patients. She is very thorough and has always met the needs of my family. She has little hesitation seeking out other colleagues' advice and has always followed up with personal phone calls to our home. She acts in the best interest of her patients. It is unfortunate that some of those patients have used this forum to blame their problems on her - remember she is a GP and not psychologist.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2010 | flag

I have found Dr. Blake to be very knowledgable and understanding. She will take the time needed to listen to you and treat you. She will explain different opptions for treatment for your ailment. I find that she is very thorough in her work. I am happy to have her as my doctor.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2009 | flag

I had Dr. Blake for 5 yrs, she always made me feel like less of a person. Now that i am not being looked after by her, I feel great. My new doctor actually takes the time to listen to me. Dr. Blake, It seemed that she already had her mind made upwith what was wrong before I ever started to say something. I found "BETH" as she would tell you to call her, or she would get an attitude. I wouldn't recomend her to anyone. She was very unprofessional to me. But by the looks of these comments I am not the only person who has been unhappy with her, which is wierd, Being that she has the top credentials, But no personality. I would not recomend her.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2008 | flag

Dr. Blake is very rude and degrading to her patients. She has very little compation. Did they not teach bed side manners in university? Yes she takes time to call you at home with results from test but maybe she should read them before she talks to you so she at least can sound like she knows what she's talking about.

Submitted March 30, 2008 | flag

Through the years Blake has been very unpredictable! At first she was always VERY rude and it was like she just did not care about my health. Finally when something really aweful happened to me she became more caring and helpful. I do not like the fact that someone has to have something bad happen to them before they get the respect they need and deserve. Although she has changed and is a little more helpful now I will never forget the way she treated me before so this is why I may never go back to her and why I am giving the bad rating!

Submitted Jan. 31, 2008 | flag