Rate Dr. William Stanish

Dr. William Stanish's Ratings

Dr Stanish is the most amazing Orthopedic surgeon I have ever seen. I have had knee issues since I was a teenager. I had several knee scopes done and saw ever orthopedic specialist in the Valley and every time I was told that I needed knee replacement surgery but I was to young.
I finally asked my doctor to send me to Halifax and he sent me to see Dr Stanish, the best thing that ever happened to me. He looked at my condition (knees of an 85 year old women and I was barely 40) and not my age. His diagnosis was that I needed total knee replacements in both legs, and he did the surgeries and gave me the best artificial knee available and I went from walking with canes, walkers and knee braces to going for 30 minute walks just 3 weeks after the second knee surgery. I was enrolled in collage 6 months later and I now have my dream job and a wonderful life thanks to him be such a caring and wonderful doctor. I love this man and can never repay him for giving me back my life. I pray that he is blessed with good health and happiness because he deserves it for helping so many people regain control of their lives. I am one of those people and feel extremely blessed. Thank you just does not seem to
express the gratitude I feel for Dr. Stanish. He is truly the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578653].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

My visit to Dr Stanish was great. Appointment went right on time. Dr Stanish examined me, came to his own professional diagnosis, and offered me his opinion on the avenues I could take to aid in my recovery.Dr. Stanish closed my appointment with an information session to answer any questions or concerns I may have. After asking a pretty stupid question, he made me feel very comfortable by replying that it was a good question because people want to know and are afraid to ask. To confirm his own findings, he recommended a MRI and sent me for consultation with a surgeon. I would 100% recommend Dr. Stanish to anybody needing a honest PROFESSIONAL diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1418706].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2011

A "God" among men! Without him I would not be here today. His people skills are as excellent as his surgical skills. I met him by accident, but it is no accident that I continue to be his patient 16 years later. I thank God for him EVERY day and pray he will never retire. I love the man, what else can I say.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1418705].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2010

Dr. Stanish operated on my right shoulder, then my left and I'm currently waiting for knee surgery. No one figured out what was wrong with my shoulders and I suffered for many years with serious chronic pain. Within 6 mth of both surguries pain was GONE. The 2nd shoulder didn't heal as quick as the first, but within a few extra months, it was completely healed. Dr. Stanish is an expert at what he does. He's so good, and I trust him so much, I waited for over 2 years til we moved back to NS, just so I could have him as my surgeron. I highly recommend. He is the best at what he does. Very often he has students with him as he teaches his skills to others from countries all over the world! Peggy (going to see him tomorrow as a matter of fact)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1418704].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2010

My brother (adopted) went for orthopaedic surgery and subsequently one year later, it was recommended I have the same surgery which I declined. My decision was based on seeing what my brother went through and how he never recovered, actually he worsened and now has no quality of life so I decided to find more natural means. Today, I walk perfectly; however, my brother, he is younger and can't walk. Coincidence - you decide. My brother is bitter and wishes every day that he sought a second opinion. I did and am quite happy with my decision. Walking is priceless.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1418703].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2010

Fabulous! Great clinical and people skills. Made me feel as though I was important to him. Asked all the right questions about goals and lifestyle. An honour to have this "legend" have a look at my 48 year old knee. We are very lucky to have him in Nova Scotia and the health care we do have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1418702].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2010

Wicked Orthopedist,doctor and man. Bend over backwards for anyone... do what he can to make things right, make suggestions, try alternatives, avoid uneccesary surgical procedures. I have dealt with him for a very long time and we've had our ups and downs, but there isn't a better one out there, i'll be sad when he retires.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1418701].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2009

Dr Stanish is god amongst drs. he is every thing youd like in a dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1418700].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2009

Dr Stannish is a consumate professional who gives exceptional service as well as a kind and caring approach to his patients. He listens. He's pretty cute too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1418699].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2009

Dr. Stanish already had a diagnosis before I even walked through the door. We waited for 45 minutes for him to tell me theres nothing he could do but I could work through the pain if I wanted to. I then went to a massage therapist for my tendenitus and it helped me soo much. Thanks

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1418707].votes_count ]]