Rate Dr. William Stanish

Dr. William Stanish's Ratings

My visit to Dr Stanish was great. Appointment went right on time. Dr Stanish examined me, came to his own professional diagnosis, and offered me his opinion on the avenues I could take to aid in my recovery.Dr. Stanish closed my appointment with an information session to answer any questions or concerns I may have. After asking a pretty stupid question, he made me feel very comfortable by replying that it was a good question because people want to know and are afraid to ask. To confirm his own findings, he recommended a MRI and sent me for consultation with a surgeon. I would 100% recommend Dr. Stanish to anybody needing a honest PROFESSIONAL diagnosis.

Submitted Dec. 21, 2011 | flag

A "God" among men! Without him I would not be here today. His people skills are as excellent as his surgical skills. I met him by accident, but it is no accident that I continue to be his patient 16 years later. I thank God for him EVERY day and pray he will never retire. I love the man, what else can I say.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2010 | flag

Dr. Stanish operated on my right shoulder, then my left and I'm currently waiting for knee surgery. No one figured out what was wrong with my shoulders and I suffered for many years with serious chronic pain. Within 6 mth of both surguries pain was GONE. The 2nd shoulder didn't heal as quick as the first, but within a few extra months, it was completely healed. Dr. Stanish is an expert at what he does. He's so good, and I trust him so much, I waited for over 2 years til we moved back to NS, just so I could have him as my surgeron. I highly recommend. He is the best at what he does. Very often he has students with him as he teaches his skills to others from countries all over the world! Peggy (going to see him tomorrow as a matter of fact)

Submitted April 12, 2010 | flag

My brother (adopted) went for orthopaedic surgery and subsequently one year later, it was recommended I have the same surgery which I declined. My decision was based on seeing what my brother went through and how he never recovered, actually he worsened and now has no quality of life so I decided to find more natural means. Today, I walk perfectly; however, my brother, he is younger and can't walk. Coincidence - you decide. My brother is bitter and wishes every day that he sought a second opinion. I did and am quite happy with my decision. Walking is priceless.

Submitted March 10, 2010 | flag

Fabulous! Great clinical and people skills. Made me feel as though I was important to him. Asked all the right questions about goals and lifestyle. An honour to have this "legend" have a look at my 48 year old knee. We are very lucky to have him in Nova Scotia and the health care we do have.

Submitted Feb. 16, 2010 | flag

Wicked Orthopedist,doctor and man. Bend over backwards for anyone... do what he can to make things right, make suggestions, try alternatives, avoid uneccesary surgical procedures. I have dealt with him for a very long time and we've had our ups and downs, but there isn't a better one out there, i'll be sad when he retires.

Submitted Dec. 31, 2009 | flag

Dr Stanish is god amongst drs. he is every thing youd like in a dr.

Submitted Dec. 24, 2009 | flag

Dr Stannish is a consumate professional who gives exceptional service as well as a kind and caring approach to his patients. He listens. He's pretty cute too!

Submitted Aug. 26, 2009 | flag

Dr. Stanish already had a diagnosis before I even walked through the door. We waited for 45 minutes for him to tell me theres nothing he could do but I could work through the pain if I wanted to. I then went to a massage therapist for my tendenitus and it helped me soo much. Thanks

Submitted March 29, 2009 | flag

32 yrs ago, Dr.Stanish took me on as a patient and promised to keep me walking and mobile for as long as he could (prior to this he had been the resident on one of my previous ortho surgeries). He is amazing. He is keeping his promise! I walk, I bike, I exercise, I garden, I enjoy life. Whatever he does, it is done with forethought, intelligence, common-sense, and compassion. Dr.Stanish stays on the leading edge and has always pushed the envelope for me in trying new options -- from braces and supports, to exercises and sports, to surgery when needed and none when not, to transplants and attitude. I am a member of his team, and will never be able to repay him for what he does and has done for me.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2009 | flag