Rate Dr. Steven G. Dorsky

Dr. Steven G. Dorsky's Ratings

Dr. Dorsky performed 3 surgeries on my wife and corrected her back and neck problems that she has lived with for a long time. Now she can hold our grandson without pain and alot more. This man is 100% business, so I can understand how some people could misread this. There is a reason why Dr. Dorsky is 22nd on the list of the 100 top spine surgeons in the USA. I would seriously ask everyone to consider exactly what type of surgeon that you want operating on you. He has a great group of staffers who successfully hold up the bedside manner department. I recommend him highly to anyone who needs a spine surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449551].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

I read some of this Dr.s reviews and I thought this might be someone with a personal grudge with this MD. but sadly they are all true. He greeted me and then asked me why I was there, about 10 seconds into my explanation he rudely asked me if I had films with me. He then gets very frustrated that he has to sift through them to get to the radiology reports just to barely read a sentence b4 he then suggests that I get X rays all over again. He looks at my X ray and tells me that I need major surgery for a diagnosis that no other surgeon has ever given me b4. I was shocked by how off his diagnosis was and how calmly he was telling me that I needed to be scheduled this week. I could not wait to get out of there. You trust him with your most prized asset your health.... He has no regard for that trust. He might be an excellent surgeon, I cannot speak for that since nothing was done, but his bedside manners and diagnostic ability are maybe the worst I have ever experienced.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1419780].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2013

Dr. Dorsky ahs operated on me twice. 13 yrs ago after 2 bnugled surgeries on my lower back, he straightend out the mess and a year later a I was snowmobiling and horseriding again. 1 1/2 years ago, I needed major neck surgery (3,4,5,6) that required 2 back to back surgeries. At 68 yrs young, 6 months later, I was back to my normal life--watching grandkids, swimming, driving long distances,dancing and enjoying life. To me, Dr. Dorsky was a God send. I would not even consdier letting another doctor near my spine! I have recommened him to serval others and the all agree with me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1419778].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1419779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2011

this practice should be closed down! The office manager is totally incompetent and Dr. lipp is so unprofessional he laughed and made jokes about my mother who could not have been more sweet to him and even bought his baby gifts, the bigegest ass of them all is Dr. Dorsky who did my mother surgery when she was a severe diabetic and did not take the necessary precautions and she had a tradgic resut, she had a stoke and is totally paralazed and he could give a crap and so could the whole office staff, they were told on numerous occasions and their answer was "so what do you want us to do'? they could care less about their patients only the money matters to them trust me!!!!!!!! there are so many lawsuits aginst this doctor, this was told to me by three lawyers!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1419777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2011

He was so rude to me I started to cry!!!He told me I have no pain by looking at my x-ray and I have pain till today 4 yrs later. He's a rude, heartless doctor. He made me feel like a liar and I was injured in a auto accident and have pain till today. He should have cared and try to find why I have pain. Please do not go to his office

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1419776].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

When I First saw Doctor Dorsky I could not walk 10’ with out taking a pain pill. He seen my MRI and told me he could make the pain go away. He also said I would be able to go back to work. At this time I was in a lot of pain and could not walk with out pain Medication. I though my life was done, because other doctors said I would not be able to work again. I am known back to work and fell like a new man with out pain. I would recommend to anyone who is in need of a back operation to see Doctor Dorsky. He is a great Doctor and down to earth kind of person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1419775].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2010

I can honestly say that Dr. Dorsky is probably the rudest, most bruque doctor I have ever been to. He walk away as you are speaking to him and asking him questions. No bedside manner to speak of. He may know the spine, but he needs to learn about about talking to patients and take a few courses in sensitivity training. He was rude, arrogant, and pompous. If I were crawling on the ground I would not go to this doctor, not because he doesn't know his stuff, but because he does not know how, or want to know how, to effectively and sensitively communicate with his patients. God complex, for sure. Lighten up, Dr. Dorsky and be more friendly!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1419774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2009

My experience with Dr. Dorsky has been horrible and I would not recommend anyone to see him. HE is very unprofessional, his bedside manner is ridiculous, he is very egotistical and DOES NOT listen. Please, if you're considering back surgery do NOT use this doctor because you will walk away with lots of unanswered questions and a ton of pain to go along with it. I went into his office in horrible pain and the staff refused to get me a wheelchair, only after one of the other patients got annoyed and mentioned that I needed a wheelchair, then one of the staff came out with one. As I trying to get to the wheelchair assisted by a family member and another patient in his office one of the nurses came up to me and said, "you're not doing what you're supposed to do, it's only pain, walk through it"....can you imagine? I just had surgery 11 days earlier and wasn't doing too well and you're telling me to walk through it...There is alot more to this story, feel free to email me for ALL the details

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1419773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

Wow all I can say is I thought I was the only one who thought this doc was a complete jack A$$ - what an EGO TRIP he is on!!! He is the rudest dr I've EVER encountered. I went to him twice for herniated discs and when I told him I didn't want surgery, he threw up his hands and said "suffer then!" Not only that - he has been WAY too eager to want to operate on me - doesn't answer ANY of my questions and I feel like I'm bothering him or annoying him anytime I speak. I will NOT be returning to his practice.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1419772].votes_count ]]