Rate Dr. Vicky Baffis

Dr. Vicky Baffis's Ratings

Very very competent & highly human touch! The very BEST of the BEST! Able to give patient detailed explanation of procedure & give confidence on the whole process of colonoscopy....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420280].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2013

So sweet, and so good at what she does! Cares a lot about her patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

I had an Endoscopy a month ago and was very scared; as soon as i got in i was brought in the back, as she works in a private clinic, there i was given a bed and was prepped for the procedure. I had opted for being put to sleep during the Endoscopy, the nurse was very nice and hooked up my IV very quickly and kept me calm as i am also afraid of needles. Dr. Baffis came in and explained everything once more and how long it would take then i went in. Within three minutes i was out and the procedure went fine. Half way through i had woken up, because i tend to burn off most medications and drugs quickly. I was given something close to ativan so i was not panicked and she talked to me to keep me calm then i went back to sleep. When i woke up my mum came in and i was given a muffin and orange juice. Then walked out about 30 min later because they have to keep an eye on you for a little while. Overall she is amazing at what she does, super nice, reassuring and very proffessional. Funny too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420278].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

Positive disposition. Committed. Engaged. Ensures you are comfortable and ready at all times during the procedure. Thank you Dr. Baffis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420277].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

I was so afraid of colonoscopy that I wanted only a sigmoidoscopy done knowing also that most bowel polyps and colorectal cancers are apparently developing in the rectum, sigmoid colon or lower descending colon. However, for medical reasons, the day of my sigmoidoscopy, I have accepted that Dr. Baffis looks as far as possible into my colon and she was able to reach the end of the transverse colon. Because this examination went so well, I have then decided to complete the colonoscopy a week later and my entire colon was examined to the cecum. To my great joy absolutely nothing was found. I have never felt any pain, cramping or some discomfort during and after both procedures. Needless to say that Dr. Baffis is very highly competent. She is also absolutely adorable and respectful. I was so lucky to have been able to retain her services through MD Specialists of Westmount Square. Thank you so much Dr. Baffis! Thank you also to the nurses and staff who were all very nice. S. Leblanc

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420276].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

Both in February 2013, endoscopy and colonoscopy. Excellent professional service without the need for any medication (I chose not to be sedated which was more than fine and quite easily bearable). Wonderful doctor. Caring, patient, personable, knowledgeable and great sense of humour.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420275].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

Excellent gatroenterologist....very down to earth , listens to you , good sense of humour , explains procedure , relieves any anxiety you may have...she's just a great doctor....wish they were all like her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420274].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2012

Dr Baffis is concerned, caring and compasionate. After 2 months of getting the royal runaround and the brush-off from his oncologist my husband finally saw Dr. Baffis at a private clinic. It was worth every penny just to have someone listen and offer hope. She treated both my husband and I with respect and kindness. She inspires confidence and trust. The MGH is lucky to have such a wonderful physician - she should be held up as role model for their staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420273].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2012

I think Dr Baffis is an amazing gastroenterologist. She is kind and caring.It takes too long to see her. I had to wait almost 5 months for an appointment. When you are feeling ill and need a specialist to asess if the problem is urgent, this is too long of a wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2012

Dr. Baffis and the nurses were kind and professional. I had a colonoscopy without anaesthetic and she helped me to get through it - very uncomfortable, but much better in terms of the rest of the day and what I figured might be the possible risks of the drugs. In paying $500 to the private clinic (Specialistes MD, Westmount Square) I expected a warmer response from the front desk than at a public clinic - not so much.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420271].votes_count ]]