Rate Dr. Mike Armitage

Dr. Mike Armitage's Ratings

This Doctor was sending my father in law home, said he had a stomach flu, was there for 8 hours that day and was sending him home…1 more blood test requested from another doctor, he was in septic shock, 8 different bacterias in his blood! now on life support since may 2013. On dialysis, in an out of coma, tube fed and told will never leave the hospital now in SJ. Two weeks ago, daughter was tired all the time, stomach pains, felt like was going to be sick a lot, sore neck and muscle…same Dr. was told after urine results back that she has a viral infection. Nurse mentioned prior to him coming in, urine didn't look great…he said never mind that, viral and will pass, sent home. Monday morning call from my family physician, Dr. Keddy, inquiring about my daughter and how she was doing and if she was given prescription??? said no, for what? She had e-coli in her urine results!!!!!! if this doesn't scare you, not sure what would….imagine being in his care?! RUN

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420690].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2014

I attended the ER with an adult with cognitive delays who had been complaining about abdominal pain. Dr. Armitage was dismissive of her and I had to reiterate several times that I knew her medical history and if she was complaining of pain, there had to be something wrong. He had some blood taken and sent her for an abdominal XRay (which didn't help her anxiety) and he then ended his shift. His replacement took one look at her chart and ordered a urine sample. It showed a significant UTI (bladder infection) and she was given a prescription for meds and released right away. Had Dr. Armitage done this in the first place, it would have been less invasive, and MUCH more efficient for everyone involved.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420689].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2012

Honestly give me a break, saw him today at emergency, he babbled on and kept repeating himself, am sure he didn't read my intake report as he was checking me for something I didn't want to be checked for. I left their feeling confused.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420688].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2011

One word: USELESS! I bleed for 3 hours before he finally confessed he wasnt sure what he was doing and finally called a specialist at 6am to treat my condition. I had asked him to call at 2am and refused because of my disorder. USELESS

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420687].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2010

We had Dr. Armitage for several years before he went to the H department. He was by far the best family Dr. we have ever had. We've not seen him in Emergency. His communication is excellent, and he walks you through his thought process. You are a person as opposed to a per visit fee.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2010

We saw Dr. Armitage at the DECH the other night with our 2 kids. In my opinion he was possibly the best Doctor I have personally ever witnessed with kids! Great manners combined with the ability to interact with kids - a skill not many doctors have. For me personally, an MD that actually listens to patients and responds to those concerns is very important and this is where I thought Dr. Armitage excelled. At the end of the day, after waiting for 3 hours in the emergency room, Dr. Armitage had the ability to make us forget about the wait and leave in positive spirits. A very nice people person Dr..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2010

I went to the ER with severe pain on my right side that radiated around to my back. I was immediately put into a bed and the nurse went to get the doctor. I suspected it was my gallbladder as this was not my first experience with this. He came in examined me and said it was just bad acid reflux, with out doing any tests, bloodwork taken when I first arrived shoed a slightly elevated white cell count, he said he wasn't sure what that meant. He gave me a previcid, and a shot of Demerol and gravol mixed together, he came back in and asked if it helped, I said No, and tried to explain family history and how I knew that it was in fact related to my gallbladder, he put his hand in my face, told me he didn't care, and that I should come back as an outpatient for an ultrasound of my family doctor ordered it, when I protested he again put his hand in my face and yelled at me to stop talking. He sent me home still in pain with Morphine pills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2009

I believe Dr. Mike to be the BEST doctor in Fredericton, just like the previous commenter. Personable, knowledgeable, funny and down to earth. Did I forget to say smart? I too would stand in line to have him back as my personal doctor. The emergency room is very lucky to have him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2009

Dr. Mike Armitage is in my opinion the BEST Dr. in Fredericton. He was my Dr. for 20 years and is very caring, professional and compassionate. A good listener, good bedside manners. I was very sad when he left private practice to join the Emergency section at the DECH, but they have a great Dr. there. He cared for my 2 kids very well. He helps in mind, body and spirit. He is WONDERFUL. If he comes back to private practice I'll be the first in line to sign up. Thank you.We need more Dr.'s like you in the world!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. A. became my doctor when he started practicing in Fredericton, and as said above, looked after body, mind and spirit. I do believe that I am still here because of him. I very much miss him, but I know he is a terrific addition to the emergency department, and at least he is still in town. Emergency staff to the best job they can given the resources they have and I have never had a bad experience in the DECH emergency room. Punctuality cannot be considered in an emergency room.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1420681].votes_count ]]