Rate Dr. Frank Hohn

Dr. Frank Hohn's Ratings

I understand this is not an accurate rating but i am looking to speak to anyone that has had jaw surgery with Dr hohn as I am on the list and incredibly nervous!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2570450].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

I had six teeth removed including 2 wisdom teeth. With potential bleeding problems (because of heart medications), I could not have asked for a better dental surgeon. To top it off, he called me at home in the afternoon to check up on me and asked how I was doing. Hats off to that type of doctor!!!! Thank you, Dr. Hohn.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1422147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2010

Over the past 12 years Dr. Hohn has extracted my 4 wisdom teeth, performed a lower jaw advancement plus chin reduction, and then a "touchup" chin reduction followup. He has always been very professional, yet friendly. He is very up front about the risks associated with procedures so you know what to expect. however, the only problems i've had are "dry socket" with the wisdom teeth (granted, i was a teenager then and didn't follow the directions!). I have been very pleased with his work and his office, and have recommended numerous family and friends to go to him also - and they have been similarly pleased.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1422146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2009

Dr. Hohn has been performing jaw surgery reconstruction and inplants on me for one year now and he has been an amazing person. His nurse Lorrie is also an amazing person, very helpful with questions asked. He is one doctor I would highly recommend for any type of oral surgery. Thanks Dr. Hohn and all your STAFF for your caring attitudes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1422145].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2009

Dr. Hohn performed a complex 7 hour surgery on my upper jaw after having completed an earlier process to remove all 4 of my wisdom teeth. He was informative, reassuring and contacted me frequently to see how I was doing. He visited several times in the hospital after the surgery as well. He is one of the best doctors I have ever worked with. His staff have always been wonderful and very welcoming and competent. I know that they are not always on time with scheduled appointments, but I have yet to go to a doctor who is, and I can't imagine that this type of work is easy to schedule! I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1422144].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2009

I took my disabled son to him and was very unhappy the way things were done. We wanted one extraction and he almost insisted that his wisdom teeth had to come out too. I explained to him,that my son has alot of seizures and at the moment I did not want it done, which he did not like. He did the one extraction but it was very painful. I found him to be very rude to us and we would never go back to him.When we left he told us that we should not come back,so I said I was sorry that I ever came to him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1422143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2009

My daughter had to have lower jaw surgery in January 2007 on the day the worst blizzard hit Saskatoon. He was mad that I stayed at the hospital overnight (like sleeping on a couch with no blankets or pillow was a luxury), then he released my daughter and when I mentioned that we would be unable to travel home yet due to the road condition, said " this hospital is not a hotel". Horrible bedside manner and very rude. Then in September 2008, my daughter developed a complication and although she attends university in Edmonton, the office staff said Dr. Hohn insisted she come back to Saskatoon instead of referring her to someone in Edmonton. Then Dr. Hohn barely looked at her and said he didn't know why she bothered to come back to Saskatoon and didn't treat her at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1422142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

I had major surgery done on my upper jaw. Dr. Hohn was more than excellent. He and his staff took the time to explain the procedures, the risks involved etc. He is one of the best Oral surgeon I ever had. Considering the amount of work my jaws required, I could not have ask for a better Doctor. I would not hesitate to go back. And the best part? It as completely painless

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1422141].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2009

He isn't very nice. I've had to see him and Dr. Lanigan multiple times because of two separate wisdom teeth removals and a lower jaw surgery. In May '08 I had my upper wisdom teeth removed and he was horrid. I am absolutely terrified of needles and the thought of being awake for the surgery so I was put under and halfway through the surgery I woke up. It hurt so much and I could feel him drilling in my mouth and I said "Ow it hurts and started crying" and he told me to "Suck it up". REALLY?! I have no idea why I even went back to him to get the wisdom teeth removed because he was mean after my jaw surgery as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1422140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2008

Dr. Hohn is an excellent oral surgeon. He is the only doctor I have ever had who has called me on the evening after my surgery to ask how I was recovering. He cracks a lot of jokes during the surgery to keep you relaxed. I would recommend him to anyone, he goes above and beyond for all of his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1422139].votes_count ]]