You may also like

Rate Dr. John Tamminen

Dr. John Tamminen's Ratings

Tamminem is not a always good dentist, he left my mouth opening brace on for so long it left stretch marks around my mouth, all he spoke about was his spouse, I was uncomfortable listening to him complain about her. Seemed to take his mind off of his work performance, We have had to have some work redone because he did not do it right in the first place. Not consistent and sometimes very unpleasant. Sorry I saw sorry I took my child to se him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2796521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

The dentist was good. But the staff...not so much. First, one of the receptionists was gossiping about people to the dental assistant. Second, most of the staff were sick with a cold. The dental assistant was rude and anxious to go for a smoke break the entire time. I've actually never had a dental assistant that was that terrible. My mouth was full of chemicals and water the entire time. I had to keep closing my mouth to swallow or I'd choke. Dental assistant rudely told me to keep my mouth open. Dentist was embarrassed by this and said it's ok, take a break and close your mouth. I wouldn't pay for that type of unprofessionalism again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2783941].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Over charged and underperforming. Did half of what he said he would do and charged me the full cost. Then tried to say he could complete the work for another 5000$ and 3 more years. What a joke. Don't go here there are way! Better places.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2749282].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

I have a really bad fear with needles. I have avoided dentists for this reason for almost 8 years. So when I came in I was shaking and scared. When he started talking to me he was really funny and understood my fear and reassured me he knows what to do. And he did! I felt nothing at all! All that fuss about being scared lol I should have came here in the first place a long time ago.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2711298].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

He is a nice doctor with good sense of humour.However i find that you end up making unnecessary multiple trips which can be avoided.What i found impressive was Dr T gives his home number for emergencies.Frankly i was annoyed with the front staff whose response usually is "i dont know".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1422698].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2014

I have lived in 10 difference places across 6 provinces, and had over a dozen different dentists during that time. I have been a patient of John for over 10 years now, and he is BY FAR head and shoulders above the rest! I have met no health professional better with a needle than he, and no dentist who could match his technical expertise and engaging manner. He is "wicked awesome"!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1422697].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2013

The result of a negligent practice, I found Dr.T. is very careless, and indifferent to what harm is causing to his patient.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1422699].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

Not sure why this dentist/office is rated so high?! Waited 30 minutes for my appointment to start. Routine cleaning took one-and-a-half hours, which is ridiculous considering I have very good oral hygiene (and was even complimented on how little work was needed). I soon came to learn that you are charged by the amount of time. Ridiculously over-charged by adding additional 'units' of time for cleaning. $99 initial patient fee, of which I literally spent 2-3 minutes with the 'dentist'. Will never go back. Word of advice: Go somewhere else!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1422696].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

I have been with Dr. T. for years. Had to move away for a number of years and missed him terribly. He is the BEST with painless freezing, bar none. He actually cares enough to inject slowly so that you don't feel it. Had a huge dental job done today, including an extraction. I wasn't in pain during it and hours later I still have no pain. Our family would not go to anyone else. This man is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1422695].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2013

My family found Dr. Tamminen online as we were new to Calgary and were looking for a family Dentist and Orthodontist. My entire family enjoy the staff and Dr. Tamminen as everyone is very personable, friendly, polite and knowledgable. :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1422694].votes_count ]]