Rate Dr. Anthony N. Wakim

Dr. Anthony N. Wakim's Ratings

Even though I only met Dr. Wakim a month and a half ago, I have been to his office 5 times! I have only seen him twice after my OB/GYN referred him. The first time we met with him was actually at my OB/GYN's office, as he travels on Thursdays. He was very nice to us. Both times we met, we just talked. He took lots of notes and reviewed my medical records from my OB/GYN, including a surgical report regarding my endometriosis (which is what Dr. Wakim feels is preventing me from getting pregnant). I have never had to wait for an extensive length of time for my blood work or ultrasounds. His staff has always been very kind. Today, I had an IUI procedure, and the fellow (doctor) and nurse who preformed the procedure couldn't have been nicer. My biggest complaints are that since I live in Cranberry, I wish the Wexford office would do more than blood work; it would be awesome if they also did ultrasounds. Also, Dr. Wakim will not prescribe Clomid unless the patient goes through with Day 3 testing, which isn't cheap.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2014 | flag

Wakim was the doctor writing my protocol. This was my first IVF and t was successful. Sanflippo did my egg retrieval and Collins did my transfer.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2014 | flag

Not helpful for your concerns at all. Just a waste of your time and money! Definitely avoid this doctor.

Submitted July 31, 2014 | flag

Wait time for each appointment is over 1.5 hrs. There is a total disregard for his patients time and money. After many failed transfers, I asked if we can change the protocol and he didn't. If something doesn't work, you try something else right? Well, he wouldn't.

Submitted June 12, 2014 | flag

Numerous appointments. Wait times were at times hours long. Not responsive to concerns. Condescending and chastizing regarding concerns about emotional impact of fertility medications. Fertility medications can cause dramatic shifts in mood and you are to inform your physician if such occurs - at times felt suicidal - expressed to Dr Wakim who responded that I should be ashamed of myself and be grateful that I had one child. I am a psychologist and any medical practioner who responds in this manner is not acting in accodance with basic medical standards. No Diagnosis ever established. Sceduled in-vitro but took 1 month off fertilility medication and got pregnant at that time on our own.

Submitted April 23, 2013 | flag

Dr. Wakim was very nice took the time to explain all the test he is going to do to make sure he gets us pregnant. Any questions My husband or I had he answered. I was nervous at first in going after reading some of the reviews on here but he is awesome, His staff are all friendly minus the front desk lady she wasn't too friendly but other than that they were all wonderful. I have faith in him and his staff that they will get us pregnant.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2013 | flag

We love Dr. Wakim! We had been seeing Dr. Tippet and he was useless!!! Dr. Tippet took our money and had his wife do the IUI's. I had no idea how unethical and poorly his office was run until going to Dr. Wakim's professional and knowledgeable office. We went through ICSI/IVF with one retrieval. We had many embryos to use, so we were lucky when the first attempt was unsuccessful, and the second ended in Miscarriage. Our third attempt was successful and we have a beautiful baby girl. We also did accupuncture on the days of embryo transfers which I believe helped! we still have 6 embryos in storage, but can't decide when to try again just yet. Dr. Wakim and his staff were so compassionate and professional. Especially on the day we found out there were no longer heartbeats with the twins we were expecting with the second attempt. Their nurses are awesome, and Dr. Wakim is a gem. He truly is a miracle worker!

Submitted Feb. 2, 2013 | flag

Dr wakim was good. I'm pregnant. Expecting in 6/2013. 3 years to get here, but I chose "breaks" in between treatments. 5 timed intercourse with injectables 1 IUI. I have no complaints about the Doctor, the other staff is another story. An ultrasound tech who was doing an internal U/S stopped what she was doing to take a personal cell ph call. Billing dept is not very clear and confusing. Phlebotomists were great. Nurses were great. Receptionists were not very friendly. Office hours were ideal for working people. 630 am for blood work and U/S till 9am. I would recommend dr wakim, but the could be improvement with staffing.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2013 | flag

We love Dr. Wakim!! First try with IVF we conceived a healthy girl (two put in and one took). Second time, two were put in and I got pregnant but I miscarried. We are on our third try now...just happened yesterday. Everyone is helpful and caring.

Submitted June 24, 2012 | flag

My husband and I had a great experience with Dr. Wakim. He is VERY knowledgable and considered a pioneer and an expert in the field. He reassured us that he would get us pregnant and I was well into a stable pregnancy with my daughter 4 months later. He is perfectly nice but not really "outgoing". He is confident and I appreciated that while we were distraught. His staff is EXCELLENT.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2012 | flag