Dr. John McManaman

Rate Dr. John McManaman

Dr. John McManaman's Ratings

Their website says 100% of their adult patients are happy. It's a factory and I wouldn't recommend it to ANYONE. In fact I tell people to stay away whenever I can. No one there will answer questions. The brusque Dr sees you for 30 seconds and the girl who does the work can't answer anything. Receptionist is rude, and if you can't go to the one appointment time she offers you, you have to wait another 8 weeks, prolonging your treatment. Try to get someone to cut the long wire hooking in your mouth and face a rude receptionist and two hour wait, for a 1 minute procedure. I would have switched but I'd already paid in full. Happy I'm finished- yes. Happy with Doc braces- big fat NO.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2013 | flag

An absolutely amazing experience. The staff are all incredibly accommodating, the technology is amazing, and the financing is really helpful. I have begun Invisalign treatment and can't wait for the results. Dr. McManaman is thorough and makes it easy to understand the process and is even able to show you the expected results through a simulator. Highly recommend! All that they do for the community is just another reason to support them!

Submitted Sept. 21, 2013 | flag

Definitely the best orthodontist in the maritimes. The best price too!

Submitted Sept. 12, 2012 | flag

Both my son and daughter have braces with Dr. John and I am so pleased with my decision. They always take the time to answer our questions and they go out of their way to make our experience second to none. The clear braces are practically invisible and sometimes people don't even realize that the kids have them on. I'd highly recommend him to anyone that asks!

Submitted Oct. 2, 2010 | flag

Staff friendly and caring. Dr. not so much...seems to be awkward when I'm in the chair and does not seem to care about anything. His personality is fake with his awkward brief conversations. Asked him a question, got a yes/no reply and then he was gone before I got to ask him anything else. I was sitting there thinking "I wasn't done". Happens all of the time Not impressed. It was like sorry for bothering you. The only good thing about his office was his staff.

Submitted May 20, 2010 | flag

Although I find the staff very good overall and am so far happy with my results, I do have two complaints. They seem to always forget to cut the wire at the back of my braces therefore having to live with the pain of my gums being cut till they can squeeze me in again. secondly, I find their marketing to be too forceful. I tried to enter a contest with the office to win an Ipod but in order to do so, had to either invite friends to his office for consultations OR write a testimonial on their Facebook. It would be nice if my paying $6700 for a service which requires a very minimum amount of time would be enough just to fill out a ballot. Why does there have to be strings attached when I'm a paying customer? That to me seems a bit cold and unappreciative.

Submitted April 16, 2010 | flag

I have been going to Dr. MacManaman for almost 2 years now. I have never had to wait very long. I think the longest was 10 min. They are called the "smile team" for a reason. Everyone smiles. They are all informative and helpful. I have had times when things didn't go as I had hoped, but that was my wishful thinking, not any fault of my treatment. I would recommend them to everyone. As an adult it is nice to know that my treatment is not being rushed and is being done correctly the first time.

Submitted Sept. 20, 2009 | flag

I have never been to a Doctor that is so thorough at explaining every step. Both he and his staff use lots of videos and explain every thing, it has made my braces experience as an adult very pleasant and I know when and what to expect :).

Submitted July 25, 2008 | flag

I have been in braces a short time with Dr. McManaman (this not being my first time) He is correcting the mess an other dentist letf my teeth in before. I think he and his staff are just wonderful!!! I get so excited to go and see the new draws, pictures, and different activities he has on the go! Busy lad but does a wonderful job at it!. Can't believe all the smiling faces that walk in and out of that place every time I am there. I know who I will be refering to!!! DR. MCMANAMAN!!!!!!!

Submitted May 31, 2008 | flag

Our family loves Dr. Mcmanaman. He has done wonders for us. We have been going to him since October 2005 and I have no complaints. Even though he has a lot of patients, if he sees you outside the office, he knows your name. The staff are friendly, everything is explained to us. There is no comparison to the care you receive from him. Any orthodontic work is going to cost money. I too was suprised he has received comments that were negative. Thanks Dr. Mcmanaman!!

Submitted April 16, 2008 | flag