Dr. Nalini D. Mattai

Grad. Year: 1993

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Nalini D. Mattai has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Types of insurance accepted?    Email me    Answer it
Q: Types of insurance accepted?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Nalini" to "Nalini D."
RID: 2304390
29/06/12 5 4 5 5 BEST doctor I've ever had! After leaving her office, I've always felt completely satisfied, relaxed, and focused on a logical plan in which to go forward with my health ailment. She always provides contingencies in case something might not work, and I "feel" so much better after visiting with her. She listens, and provides accurate and thorough information and advice for my conditions. I always tell my friends about her -- they hope to change doctors soon!
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 1477426
01/07/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Mattai is very friendly and sweet. She is very concerned and takes her time to make sure you are at ease and understand. She's the BEST!
Insurance: HealthPartners
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1422312
21/04/11 4 4 5 5 I never had any bad experience in her office. She is very helpful, knowledgeable and makes you feel comfortable.  Respond
RID: 1251692
16/09/10 5 3 5 5 Phenomenal doctor...compassionate and very very smart doc. Nice lady, treats you like an individual, not just another box to be checked off her list. Been to bunch of docs in the SG Valley...she is the best one for sure. Office staff is a little shaky re: phone calls and wait time, which causes people to get upset....
RID: 1250923
15/09/10 5 3 5 5 Meeting with Dr. Mattai for scheduled appointments are always a pleasure. She takes her time to listen to your concerns and she explains things with great simplicity and sensitivity. I would have to say the only negative is that there have been times where I have sat in the exam room for a long time waiting for her to come in...have no regrets with selecting her as my physician.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1250591
14/09/10 5 4 5 5 To whom it may concern I just had my 1st appt with Dr. Mattai and must say I was impressed with her staff and the Doctor. Doris the nurse who checked my vitals was very helpful, professional and friendly. The Doctor was knowledgeable, friendly, listened to all my concerns, gave me Lab paperwork as follow up. I am really happy with my new Physician since I am new to this Neighborhood I had also checked her reviews online prior to selecting her and I am not regretful at all. Parking is not validated, but if you are willing to walk 1 block or 2 there is plenty of free 2 hour parking
RID: 1239315

29/08/10 1 1 1 1
See Responses
RID: 1226771
11/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Mattai is always considerate and helpful. Such a kind doctor is hard to find these days. I have been with her for over 6 years now.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 1173028
19/05/10 2 1 2 4 I think that Dr.Mattai does care about here patients but it seems like she's a little too busy. If you make an appointment you will wait at least 40 minutes past your appointment time to see her. I thought she was good in person but found that if she is calling you to go over tests do not expect her to take a lot of time with you. I started asking her questions about my labs and she told me that she had to see "other" patients and that she could not spent time with me over the phone. I think we had been on the phone only 10 minutes at that time. That did not make me feel like she cared. She also made recommendations without looking at all of my labs and got defensive when I asked her why she wasn't comparing them. I am kind of shocked by this since she was so good in person. I really wanted to like her but I guess I just have really high standards for doctors. Mistakes like ignoring labs can be life or death.
RID: 1160085
29/04/10 4 3 5 5 Dr. Mattai is very considerate and patient. She never seems rushed and answers questions completely. My only complaint is having to make another appointment to get results on tests like bone density, blood tests, etc.
RID: 1136446
25/03/10 5 4 5 5 She is a very kind, concerned doctor. I would highly recommend her. She was very genuine and caring.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1063932
26/12/09 4 4 5 5 Dr. Mattai is the best doctor that anyone could ever hope for. She is thoughtful and considerate. She listens to all of your concerns and takes them seriously. She never rushes her patients and spends all of the time that is necessary to both connect with and provide the best service to her patients. She will even call you personally, at home if she feels that it is necessary (now how many doctors will do that?).I love her!!!  Respond
RID: 1038285
19/11/09 5 5 5 5 She is very caring and spends time to explain what she is doing. She does not rush you along. She will also answer questions on the phone (she returns my calls). My whole family is very happy with service and health treatment. IMHO, a lot of health care is confidence in your doctor and I believe she is conscientious and a good listener.
RID: 1016123
22/10/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Mattia is the best doctor I've had. I moved and still drive 30 miles to see her once or twice a year. She'll sit and talk to you and most importantly listens to you. Not like other doctors who are rushing on to the next patient. Sometimes the wait is a little long because of this but no more then the aveage waiting time.
RID: 873645
29/04/09 5 4 5 5 She and her staff are amazing. Plain and simple. I drive 20 miles from my home for office visits and it's WELL worth it!  Respond
RID: 778252
31/01/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Mattai actually sits with you and gets to know your health issues. Excellent lab follow up. She has worked well co-ordinating with my oncologist and endocrinologist. This is a top notch physician. The office staff is helpful and friendly.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 751561
29/12/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Mattai provides excellent care. She followed up with my lab works - either by notes or by phone calls. She always took her time to perform comprehensive exam, listen to my concerns and answer any questions that I might have for her. I am very happy to have her as my MD.
RID: 556453
02/04/08 4 4 5 5 As a new patient, she actually took the time to sit with me to get to know me. She was kind, thoughful, and helpful. She is totally approachable and not condescending in the slightest.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 344746
13/06/07 5 5 5 Excellent Doctor...she spends time listing to your problem and she is very caring. Her office nurses are excellent; always very polite and they will try there best to get you in right away if you need a appointment.  Respond
RID: 257111
03/04/07 5 5 5 Dr. Mattai is very sensitive and consciencious. She is very knowledgeable and helpful to her patients.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 146130
17/02/07 3 5 5 Dr. Mattai is a GREAT primary care physician. She has top notch credentials and fantastic clinical skills. She really takes time to talk with you and to insure you have had a chance to have all of your concerns addressed. I think that Dr. Mattai practices medicine because she really wants to help people, something that seems rare these days. Her office is not fancy--I suspect her emphasis on affordable comprehensive care trumps expensive furniture, but it is a cheery and friendly place. I very strongly recommend this doctor.
Insurance: HealthPartners