Rate Dr. Catherine McKenna

Dr. Catherine McKenna's Ratings

Dr elizabeth is the most effective coach on weight loss she is part of dr mckennas team I would recommend them to anyone

Submitted Feb. 8, 2011 | flag

Dr. McKenna is the queen of knowledge when it comes to personal weight loss. She and her staff and helpful, encouraging and supportive. It may be calories in and calories out but thousands of people like myself require extra support in order to succeed and this clinic does just that. Alberta Health Care is doing a great service to people-- what costs less, support for weight loss or heart attacks, diabetes, knee replacements etc, etc. Prevention is the key and if obesity is not dealt with we will have more cost to an already overburdened health system. Go for it Dr. McKenna a great service provider.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2011 | flag

Was recommended by my family doctor as someone who has struggled for years to get control of my weight. Meeting with Doctor Mckinna and subsequent follow-up with Doctor Elisebeth have me on a path where I have made a life style change that is working great. Have lost 60 lbs to date (still more to go) weight has come off slowly but consistantly over the past 11 months. This is not a diet, it is understanding how your body reacts to differant foods and learning to make smart choices while still being able to live. Staff are abosultely great, friendly, supportive, knowledgeable and I think this is one of the best investments Alberta health has made for Alberta health care system. My personal health improvement is tremendous and actually feel like running for the first time in 25 years and coming off of certain medications - Thankyou

Submitted July 27, 2010 | flag

I was a patient to Dr. McKenna when she was practicing at Westglen. If only she was still practicing as a GP, I would ditch the terrible doctor that I am forced to see now!

Submitted Jan. 2, 2010 | flag

Great doc... glad to have had her as my GP when I was admitted through the ER at Foothills. Great doctor - Great person!!

Submitted Nov. 11, 2009 | flag

Dr. McKenna was my Doctor when she used to work at Westglen Medical Clinic. She also referred me to the Grace Maternal Child Clinic when I was pregnant with my daughter. She is amazing and very helpful in all aspect. I really miss her.

Submitted Nov. 6, 2009 | flag

I am not one for insane quick fixes or support groups that actually work off of guilt and seeing others succeed. As a person who likes to keep her private life private Dr. McKenna's office was perfect for me. I received the right amount of support and my weight loss plan allowed me to create and maintain my own diet. My weight decrease was steady and has allowed me to keep the weight off for years. I would recommend Dr. McKenna to anyone who is looking for some help with weight.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2009 | flag

Dr McKenna' approach was very caring and understanding and from a personal prospective. I have only met her twice, but have met with Dr Elizabeth on a more regular basis, which is helpful and encourages me to stay focused, and on changing my eating habits, rather than dieting. Changing a mind set that was put in place when we were children is a big obstacle to overcome, and takes a lot of time. The clinic is clean (too warm on hot days in the meeting rooms), and staff are very pleasant. There is nothing magic about losing weight except shear determination on each individuals part, and the reason they are losing weight. Support from through Dr McKenna's office by weighing in, taking blood pressure and meeting with one of the Dr's helps me take ownership of what I have to accomplish to become healthier. With my situation being health related it is urgent for me to lose my excess weight in a healthy manner. VLW

Submitted Sept. 8, 2009 | flag

I was very impressed with Dr. McKenna. As a person with a weight issue your always worried how you are perceived or ridiculed. Done a lot of diet programs over the years where nobody had ever walked in your shoes. She has and the staff were wonderful and sweet. Will the knowledge help. I don't know, all quite logical advice but still informative and worth the wait.

Submitted July 27, 2009 | flag

Dr. Mckenna is very knowlegable doctoc. She's very caring. It was worth a wait for me to see her.

Submitted July 27, 2009 | flag