Rate Dr. Kris A. Smith

Dr. Kris A. Smith's Ratings

I wouldn't see him again for free. He was not helpful refused to treat me and his staff is horrible. Make sure you are seeing him with a diagnosis he is comfortable with because if not you are in trouble.

Submitted Oct. 19, 2013 | flag

I was diagnosed with a malignant Chondrosarcoma and associated malignant brain tumors. Dr. Smith performed Gamma Knife surgery for the Chondrosarcoma then surgically debulked the brain tumors. I fully credit this man for saving my life. God bless Dr. Kris Smith. Regards, Bob Kuerz

Submitted Sept. 1, 2013 | flag

I was very pleased with Dr. Smith and his staff. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Submitted July 20, 2013 | flag

At the time I contacted Dr. Smiths office I was desperate for some answers to my constant pain and headaches. I had already had two brain surgeries and suffered a severe coma. Dr. Smiths staff are wonderful. They listened to me, told Dr. Smith what I had been through and he agreed to see me in a remarkably short time. I could feel myself relax as soon as he entered the room. He is an extremely kind, professional and understanding physician. Over a 15 minute time period I learned that I had been misdiagnosed and that the preferred treatment is not a shunt that due to the meningitis I suffered as a child it would be very hard to ever tolerate one. He recommended surgery to remove the shunt and a ETV procedure instead. It has been almost a year since that surgery. I am totally pain free. The limitations that remain are from the first two surgeries. I will be forever grateful for being under Dr. Smith's excellent care.

Submitted June 19, 2012 | flag

Worse experience ever...Anything that could go wrong did. Spinal fluid leak. Two infections. 4 surgeries this year in matter of a month. His Secretary is rude. The other staff members are sweethearts...my cousin had a more invasive surgery with different surgeon and has better mobility than i.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2011 | flag

very knowledgable and helpful. has helped prolong my daughter's life with a very aggressive brain tumor. so far has done 2 brain surgeries successfully w no function lost. also did successful gamma knife surgery. i have been kept well informed and feel that he is giving her the best treatment around. very satisfied.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2011 | flag

Outstanding, no-nonsense, VERY knowledgable, physician!! My son had been struggling with Chiari Malformation, and the surgery was awesome AND you can hardly see the scar... Phenominal physician!!

Submitted Sept. 12, 2009 | flag

Dr. Smith resected a tumor from my brain and explained everything to my and my family beforehand. He is very approachable and knowledgeable. I continue to work with him as it will be a life long process of mine. He did an excellent job of removing the tumor and leaving minimal scarring. Even when people ask to see the scar, they have problems seeing it even when I point it out. Dr. Smith takes the time to explain everything to his patients in a manner easily understandable without causing them to panic. I would highly recommend this surgeon and would trust him with my life again as well as the lives of my children and husband if needed (hopefully it is never needed).

Submitted April 4, 2009 | flag

I haven't received any bills as of yet for my surgery, but I was very impressed with Dr. Smith. I had a menigioma removed from my head and also had gamma knife with him. He was fantastic and very informative. His entire staff is very helpful, although sometimes a bit hard to get a hold of! I guess that goes with the territory.

Submitted July 16, 2007 | flag

Great doctor. Saved my husband's life and in the middle of the night too.

Submitted May 6, 2007 | flag