Rate Dr. Yasser Khan

Dr. Yasser Khan's Ratings

I was referred to Dr.Khan by my optometrist and although the wait times were long, I had an overall positive experience. The technician was helpful and assured me I was in good hands and when it was my turn to see Dr.Khan I found him to be an extremely compassionate doctor and very informative. He really cares for his patients and I was very satisfied with the options and explanation I was given. 10/10 would recommend.

Submitted May 5, 2014 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Khan for by my family doctor for a small procedure with my eyelid. The Carrot clinic where it was done was very busy, but worth the wait. Dr. Khan was probably the most personable doctor I had ever had and as I was nervous, he walked me through every step before he did it. I would definitely recommend him to anyone needing surgery on an eyelid. It's been 3 weeks since I had the operation and it has healed much better than I expected. It's almost unnoticeable.

Submitted April 22, 2014 | flag

Extremely long waiting times 1.5-2 hours, and didn't show up for appointments 3 times

Submitted April 16, 2014 | flag

I thought I was going to see an expert, instead I had one of the most terrible experiences with a Dr. Dr. Khan was unsympathetic, insincere, did not seem very knowledgeable, and to top it off, he has terrible bedside manner! His staff were also extremely unprofessional and didn’t seem to know what they were doing either. AVOID!

Submitted Feb. 21, 2014 | flag

Dr Khans facility is always busy as they take emergency patients from various hospitals. Also when reminder calls are made we are always advised that the appointment may take anywhere from 1-2 hours like any other specialist office within Canada. Dr Khan is worth the wait and is very kind and caring. Even the way he respects his staff tells you a lot about himself. I have never had an issue with him not listening or pressuring me into anything. I have always been told what my options are and it is my choice if I would like to proceed. I don't know why people are willing to wait months to get an MRI done but cannot wait 2 hours to see a specialist in regards to their eyes.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2013 | flag

Dr. KHAN prescribed cataract surgery for both of my eyes. My major problem was with reading. Surgery was arranged for the right eye and wiht his assistance, I chose a lens that KHAN advised would assist both with distance and reading. I had pre-paid for this lens, $1,125.00. I had asked repeatedly if I would be sedated for the process and was continually told, "don't worry, everything will be fine". During the surgery in the Operating Room could voices and then felt the equivalent of a safety pin entering my eyeball and I am aware that I moved quickly in response to this pain. I saw Dr. KHAN the next day and he advised that there were problems during the surgery in that I moved quickly causing him to perforate a "sac" (ph) and this prevent him from installing the $1,125 lens as the sac could not be repaired. He advised me that I had received adequate anesthetic. He told me that he inserted a lens that is used for distance. I nneed 3.25 magnification read newspapers

Submitted Oct. 16, 2013 | flag

This doctor is one of the very best that I have ever had looking after my care. He is friendly, knowledgeable, professional and very, very caring.

Submitted April 13, 2012 | flag

Dr. Yasser operated my husband of pterygium, he saw him before and after the surgery,that was it, and after 6 months my husband's eye went back red and it burned again, we never could get back in contact with him, just his staff, who never really helped us, finally he saw him and said that he has to be operated again and that this time he will do a better operation,?? and that the skin won't grow back again, what did he mean by this? he didn't do a good operation the first time?? we got a 2nd opinion and they said he did a bad operation, that was used to do many years ago, but now he was supposed to use a tissue from his eye so that way it wouldn't grow back again, and now is very risky to do a 2nd operation on that eye, because of the cut he did very close to the cornea, so this dr. advised us not to operate this eye, just leave it like that. He ruined my husband eye, so please stay away from this bad dr. who he shouldn't even be called one.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2012 | flag

I am absolutely thrilled with the work Dr. Khan did on both of my eyes. My friends and family agree, he did an amazing job. Dr Khan was very informative, helpful and extremely sensitive to my situation. I was very anxious, and he put all my fears to rest.Before the procedure, he explained everything to me; during the procedure, he told me exactly what was happening; after the surgery, I was given exceptional care. I would highly recommend Dr Khan, and have done so. His staff is lovely. My calls were always answered quickly, and I was always treated with the utmost professional care. If I ever had to wait, I knew it was because he was giving someone else the same care he had given me, and I love and respect that.I am blessed to have my sight back, and I am very grateful to have been referred to Dr Khan.

Submitted Jan. 5, 2012 | flag

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR FOR ANY PROCEDURES PLEASE!!! I went to Dr Khan to have double eyelid surgery and was disappointed to see that the results were less than favourable. He agreed to redo the procedure, and again had the same poor result. My eyelids were not symmetrical and it was embarrassing to face my family and friends with my face in that state. Not only did I have to go through 2 surgeries, but I also had to go through the healing time and discomfort twice with poor results. I now have to have my eyelids repaired, but of course will not be having Dr Yasser Khan perform this 3rd surgery. I will be going to another surgeon that immediately saw that my eyelids were not done properly, and will have to try to repair Dr Khan's damage. I had spoken to Dr Khan personally, and he assured me that I would be getting my full refund. It has been a month now, and NOTHING. He claims that I need to sign a form before getting paid?? I am now in the process of seeking legal action.

Submitted Nov. 3, 2011 | flag