Rate Dr. Delani Kotarba

Dr. Delani Kotarba's Ratings

I have been meaning to post here for quite some time to provide my experience with Dr. Kotarba. Others have said she doesn't have a warm bedside manner-I wasn't fussed by this either way. My concern is with the quality of care at the OFC...and in Ontario especially given that fertility clinics aren't regulated under a specific governing body according to fertility standards. High level-DO your due diligence before spending thousands of dollars on fertility treatment as it expensive! I was misdiagnosed by Dr. K (no surprise as she spent 10 minutes on the physical) even though I had a history of a medical condition and multiple surgeries. Ended up having poor cycles without any change in protocol from the first to the second cycle. Even their "average egg ratio" per patient is low relative to other Ontario clients. Needs to say, I ended up researching clinics in Toronto (figured I was spending so much money anyways) and found a great doctor who did a three hour initial consult including tests that the OFC did not even BOTHER to do (including genetic screening). With a simple change in protocol, actual 'hands-on' consultation and involvement (vs. waiting an hour and being handled by whoever was on call), my egg yield doubled by 50%. In the end-didn't do a second round as further tests indicated that my genetic bowel condition-which has been dormant-may come back so have proceeded with other options. Again-the OFC never even indicated that this would have been a concern. So please-reseach, review and make the best choice vs. defaulting to the clinic that is in your geographical area.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2700112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

Had concerns about getting pregnant due to highly irregular periods and only having 7 cycles a year. Dr. Kotarba was not concerned and recommended IVF or trying naturally. Ended up asking me to get a referral to a gynecologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2681217].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

An expert in her field. Does not mince words - gets to the point. She performed surgery for me while I was receiving treatment at the OFC. Despite her brisk manner, she was reassuring. I knew that I was in good hands with her. She's obviously brilliant and experienced. Has a surprisingly zany sense of humour. The procedure went fine, biopsy negative and I went on to get pregnant and have a healthy baby some months later. She is a doctor I trust without hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2662230].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2014

Very rude and cold. Not able to look at you; just write her notes on her computer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2658578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

Dr Delani Kotarba est spéciale, elle est remplie de compassion et d'amour pour ses patients. Je recommande ce Dr à toutes les femmes qui veulent un traitement au centre de fertilité. Mon expérience avec Dr Delani Kotarba fut un succès!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2499795].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498229].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

I've never commented on a Doctor before but felt the need to after reading some of your negative comments. I was refered to Dr. Kotarba for surgery by another Doctor in the same clinic. She is very well respected in her field and is an expert in the type of surgery I underwent (operative hysteroscopy). She has always been professional, prompt, and empathetic. On the day of my surgery, the hospital staf left me alone outside the surgery room for a few minutes. Dr. Kotarba came by, saw I was upset/emotional, and took the time to reassure me that everything would be OK. Afterwards, she recommended a different treatment option so that I would not have to repeat the same surgery. She has been a great doctor and I am glad to have been referred to her. Her staff is also friendly and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2449674].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

I'm shocked by some of the comments about Dr. Kotarba on the site. Personally I found her very interested in me and my health. She was on top of my case and proactive in recommending different courses of treatment, but always extremely responsive to my preferences. I also found her staff and the staff at the clinic itself to be amazingly available and of exceptionally high quality. It is because of Dr. Kotarba that I have my twin sons and I'd put any future hopes of being pregnant in her hands again. I'd also recommend her in a heartbeat to anyone that I know.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1426837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2014

I agree with some patients here that Dr. Delani Kotarba is judgemental, rude and cold hearted. She doesn't care what question i asked, never got a professional response from her. Her personal staff is horrible to deal with. She shouldn't be working as a Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1426839].votes_count ]]