You may also like

Rate Dr. Delani Kotarba

Dr. Delani Kotarba's Ratings

Just no comments. Very poor and cold service, unfortunately this is the only fertility clinic in Ottawa.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2813650].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Hi. Earlier I wrote that Dr. Kotarba was cold, rude and that I regretted going to her. I would like to retract that comment for it is not true and should not not have written it. Sorry Dr Kotarba.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2802598].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Cold, rude. Was late, spent two minutes telling me to give up naturally trying (despite two successful pregnancies in my past) and pay for the IVF. Then spent the rest of MY appointment arguing on the phone over a fax she may or may not have received for a surprise inspection the next day, then pawned me off on her receptionist. Never gave me the results on my many many tests. Never had a kind word to say to me. Not even willing to try fertility meds to regulate my irregular cycles. Just wanted me to cough up $20 000+ for IVF. Never returned my phone calls, even when I thought I was dying after a rough tubal patency exam and she was the oncall doctor! Would not send my cat to see her...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2753933].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

I found this Dr. Kotarba and her staff to be cold and rude like other reviewers have said. I was sorry I went to see her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2719139].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

I have been meaning to post here for quite some time to provide my experience with Dr. Kotarba. Others have said she doesn't have a warm bedside manner-I wasn't fussed by this either way. My concern is with the quality of care at the OFC...and in Ontario especially given that fertility clinics aren't regulated under a specific governing body according to fertility standards. High level-DO your due diligence before spending thousands of dollars on fertility treatment as it expensive! I was misdiagnosed by Dr. K (no surprise as she spent 10 minutes on the physical) even though I had a history of a medical condition and multiple surgeries. Ended up having poor cycles without any change in protocol from the first to the second cycle. Even their "average egg ratio" per patient is low relative to other Ontario clients. Needs to say, I ended up researching clinics in Toronto (figured I was spending so much money anyways) and found a great doctor who did a three hour initial consult including tests that the OFC did not even BOTHER to do (including genetic screening). With a simple change in protocol, actual 'hands-on' consultation and involvement (vs. waiting an hour and being handled by whoever was on call), my egg yield doubled by 50%. In the end-didn't do a second round as further tests indicated that my genetic bowel condition-which has been dormant-may come back so have proceeded with other options. Again-the OFC never even indicated that this would have been a concern. So please-reseach, review and make the best choice vs. defaulting to the clinic that is in your geographical area.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2700112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

Had concerns about getting pregnant due to highly irregular periods and only having 7 cycles a year. Dr. Kotarba was not concerned and recommended IVF or trying naturally. Ended up asking me to get a referral to a gynecologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2681217].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

An expert in her field. Does not mince words - gets to the point. She performed surgery for me while I was receiving treatment at the OFC. Despite her brisk manner, she was reassuring. I knew that I was in good hands with her. She's obviously brilliant and experienced. Has a surprisingly zany sense of humour. The procedure went fine, biopsy negative and I went on to get pregnant and have a healthy baby some months later. She is a doctor I trust without hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2662230].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2014

Very rude and cold. Not able to look at you; just write her notes on her computer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2658578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

Dr Delani Kotarba est spéciale, elle est remplie de compassion et d'amour pour ses patients. Je recommande ce Dr à toutes les femmes qui veulent un traitement au centre de fertilité. Mon expérience avec Dr Delani Kotarba fut un succès!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621371].votes_count ]]