Rate Dr. Ike Ahmed

Dr. Ike Ahmed's Ratings

His surgery and care after it was a big disappointment for my mom. No one cares at his clinic. I wish I would never brought my mom there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2697321].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

Dr Ahmed is an excellent ophthalmologist. My mother was referred to him after she had cataract surgery with another doctor, who put in a standard lens despite her needing toric lenses due to high astigmatism. She was told by the other doctor that she would never be able to see well, even with glasses, and that it's impossible to change the lens. However, Dr. Ahmed had no problem identifying the issue, and advised her to get a lens replacement surgery for a toric lens. He performed the replacement surgery, and later did the surgery on the second eye as well. She now has near 20/20 vision, although she was told that this is extremely unlikely due to her astigmatism. Dr. Ahmed's knowledge and skill is unquestionable, and furthermore any experience at his office is always pleasant. Every member of the staff is very attentive and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2683586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

I saw Dr Ahmed and I was most touched by hıs honesty and sıncerıty

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2668734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

Had a difficult case and he masterfully fixed it. His team is always available and promptly addressed my difficult challenges. I am very grateful for his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2667673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2014

Ideal fix the mistake of another ophthalmologist who implanted improper lens to my eye . Thanks to Dr.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2597498].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

I was extremely fortunate to have been referred to Dr. "Ike" Ahmed and his Team by my Specialist, Dr. Mike Miller and can only say that I am so grateful to them for where I am at today. I had surgery on September 15th for both, Glaucoma and Cataract implants and their after care and concern is to be commended.

My very first visit filled me with so much confidence in this truly amazing Team, that I went into the surgery with no qualms whatsoever and would like to thank Dr. Ahmed, Dr. Shah and Dr. An for the great experience - Dr. Ahmed, you are indeed, the BEST!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2590980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

He helped me drastically after my accident. Trust him. He is the best.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2575734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

I trust this Dr & his team. I got my right eye operated by them for cataract. Very kind & competent. He is also gifted with a good sense of humor & a pleasing personality. I immediately felt that I am in good hands.
After surgery my eye is working much better. I am really grateful for his care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2570047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

I trust this man and his team 100%. Very courteous, knowledgeable and kind. My glaucoma doctor referred me to him and he treated me with respect and professionalism. He spent over 40minutes with me at my first appointment. Now after surgery my eye pressure is much better and I am grateful for his care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2565425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

If a patient with a difficult glaucoma history and several operations has been sent to Dr. I. Ahmed for laser treatment in order to reduce fluid and pressure in the eye, that patient and his family would have at least expected to see Dr. Ahmed. Instead he saw his resident, Dr. Shah, who had a very difficult time doing the laser treatment. The patient was in pain the moment he started the procedure and that terrible pain lasted for the next 12 hrs. It took a long time for the pain killers to kick in. He was referred by Dr. Chan in Kitchener and living in Waterloo had to travel back in pain and wait . It would have been helpful if the staff their at Credit Valley Hospital would have had a pain killer to give the patient immediately. In any case what Anthony went through in these modern times without proper freezing is unthinkable. He was in such pain that he was sick to his stomach. Dr Shah explained after the procedure that due to the surgeries and scar tissue, the freezing was not as effective . Well, what is done to make a patient more comfortable in such a case? This is medicine in 2014. I have no reasons to doubt that Dr. Shah is an excellent resident and needs experience with difficult cases but the top ophthalmologist , Dr Ike Ahmed should have been present.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2556894].votes_count ]]