Rate Dr. Ike Ahmed

Dr. Ike Ahmed's Ratings

If a patient with a difficult glaucoma history and several operations has been sent to Dr. I. Ahmed for laser treatment in order to reduce fluid and pressure in the eye, that patient and his family would have at least expected to see Dr. Ahmed. Instead he saw his resident, Dr. Shah, who had a very difficult time doing the laser treatment. The patient was in pain the moment he started the procedure and that terrible pain lasted for the next 12 hrs. It took a long time for the pain killers to kick in. He was referred by Dr. Chan in Kitchener and living in Waterloo had to travel back in pain and wait . It would have been helpful if the staff their at Credit Valley Hospital would have had a pain killer to give the patient immediately. In any case what Anthony went through in these modern times without proper freezing is unthinkable. He was in such pain that he was sick to his stomach. Dr Shah explained after the procedure that due to the surgeries and scar tissue, the freezing was not as effective . Well, what is done to make a patient more comfortable in such a case? This is medicine in 2014. I have no reasons to doubt that Dr. Shah is an excellent resident and needs experience with difficult cases but the top ophthalmologist , Dr Ike Ahmed should have been present.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2556894].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

In March 2013 a bungee cord tie down with a ball at the end struck my right eye. The hidden bungee was tied to a tarp I was using to cover a load of soil in my pickup and it was stuck under the load so when I pulled hard to free the tarp, it went like a slingshot right in my eye socket. This caused my iris muscle to tear and my pupil to have a 6mm opening and appear dilated. Within a year a cataract also formed in that eye. My eye doctor Susan Senft M.D. recommended contacting Ike K. Ahmed, MD. He pioneered the specialized surgical procedure I needed. When I called and spoke to him and his associates they were very friendly and helpful. I watched a video of the procedure on YouTube and felt comfortable and confident he was the right surgeon to help me. I traveled from Hawaii to Toronto and just had the surgery done by Dr. Ahmed on September 24th. He made my eye look normal again, removed the cataract and put in a multifocal intraocular lens which has restored my vision to 20/20.
The pain and recovery time were minimal. I never needed pain medication and was seeing everything clearly in 4 hours!
He has lots of patients so I did have to wait about an hour for both appointments I had with him, however he is worth waiting for. I highly recommend Dr. Ahmed and his Associates to anyone needing eye care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2555994].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

I travelled a long way to see Dr Ahmed. He came highly recommended. I have never seen a more incredible doctor ever. He was thorough, meticulous, compassionate and funny!! I have had very hard time with my eyes. He gave me some hope, and caution, and lucky for me my surgery has been much success. I have to thank his team and him for a marvellous job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2535451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2014

My son was born with bilateral cataracts and for 18 years was wearing contact lenses, which were becoming very uncomfortable and not allowing him to see properly. We were so lucky to be referred to Dr. Ike Ahmed and his team. From our very first visit we were made comfortable and all of our questions were answered, my son had eye surgery and had lens implanted in his eyes he his no seeing for the first time in 18 years without glasses or contact lenses! He his truly an amazing eye surgeon! We cannot express how happy we are to him and his team for such a great job!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2523236].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

I just returned to Philadelphia after visiting Dr Ahmed for my glaucoma and cataract surgery. I am a 46 year old professional golfer, and I have suffered with glaucoma for many years. Recently my eye doctor diagnosed me with cataracts, and after I thoroughly investigated all options, and discussing with him, he referred me to Dr Ahmed for surgery. I was told he was "the best in the world" and that's what I wanted. The surgical techniques he uses is cutting edge and much safer for eye surgery. Since I first met him and his team 6 months ago, I have been in utter awe with his wonderful bedside manner and outstanding skills. Every visit with him has exceeded my expectations. This guy is truly a genius. Fortunately my surgery was a success, and already I am seeing much better. He placed stents in my eye, the latest design, and my pressure is already better. I sincerely want to thank Dr Ahmed from the bottom of my heart for an incredible job, and most of all for being a truly caring physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2512442].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Fantastic doc and team. I was very concerned about my declining vision, and after surgery I now don't even need to wear glasses! I found Dr Ahmed to be extremely knowledgeable and patiently answered all my questions. Thank you to Dr Ahmed and is team!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2500788].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2014

Dr. Ike is an amazing doctor. He saved my mothers eye sight. Since other doctors refused to do surgery because her multiple surgeries on her eye. He is very genius and professional.
Thank you dr. Ike ahmed saving my moms eye sight. O

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2492996].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

I just had an appointment with Dr Ike and I can't rave enough as to how amazing he is. My eye condition had left with me very little vision after my injury and since the surgery did by Dr Ike I have a new lease on life. Great genuine person so professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2490354].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2014

Unprofessional at times. When telling a Resident to try to find the failed shunt in my eye, I had become weary of being on a waiting list for over a year and told the Resident where to look. Ahmed lost it, declared that I was OFF the waiting list and stormed out of the room. One of the Residents stayed behind to try to make things better. I eventually had to find another specialist to do the required cataract and glaucoma surgeries. He wasn't always like this, at times compassionate and informative, but not consistent - very volatile and arrogant at times. Often shuffled off to other doctors at the clinic, I lost all confidence that he was motivated to help me. 6 months after switching specialist, Ahmed's office informed me my name had come up for surgery. No one there had seen me in 6 months. Staff highly incompetent, once didn't tell me that I was in the wrong office for a procedure until it was too late.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483581].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

Recently I had cataract and lenses implanted surgery by Dr.Ike Ahmed at TLC center. Unfortunately this doctor ruined my vision by making two huge mistakes:1-he did the surgery on both eyes at the same time. 2-He implanted the wrong lenses. When I complained he said be grateful that you did not get blind so many patient would get blind during the operation.He took my near sight power by his miscalculation and left me with miserable situation of not seeing well and I can not function well and I have to go through another surgery.I want everyone to know never accept to do cataract surgery on both eyes at the same time, Dr.Ahmed and TLC prefer to do this as they did for me.If he had done one eye at a time he could have corrected his mistake on second eye. I would suggest not choose this doctor and his team and anything under the name of TLC correction vision, They are just in business of making money and not helping medical support and I strongly avoid to do any operation by them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449679].votes_count ]]