Rate Dr. Ike Ahmed

Dr. Ike Ahmed's Ratings

Ideal fix the mistake of another ophthalmologist who implanted improper lens to my eye . Thanks to Dr.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2597498].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

I was extremely fortunate to have been referred to Dr. "Ike" Ahmed and his Team by my Specialist, Dr. Mike Miller and can only say that I am so grateful to them for where I am at today. I had surgery on September 15th for both, Glaucoma and Cataract implants and their after care and concern is to be commended.

My very first visit filled me with so much confidence in this truly amazing Team, that I went into the surgery with no qualms whatsoever and would like to thank Dr. Ahmed, Dr. Shah and Dr. An for the great experience - Dr. Ahmed, you are indeed, the BEST!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2590980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

He helped me drastically after my accident. Trust him. He is the best.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2575734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

I trust this Dr & his team. I got my right eye operated by them for cataract. Very kind & competent. He is also gifted with a good sense of humor & a pleasing personality. I immediately felt that I am in good hands.
After surgery my eye is working much better. I am really grateful for his care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2570047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

I trust this man and his team 100%. Very courteous, knowledgeable and kind. My glaucoma doctor referred me to him and he treated me with respect and professionalism. He spent over 40minutes with me at my first appointment. Now after surgery my eye pressure is much better and I am grateful for his care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2565425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

If a patient with a difficult glaucoma history and several operations has been sent to Dr. I. Ahmed for laser treatment in order to reduce fluid and pressure in the eye, that patient and his family would have at least expected to see Dr. Ahmed. Instead he saw his resident, Dr. Shah, who had a very difficult time doing the laser treatment. The patient was in pain the moment he started the procedure and that terrible pain lasted for the next 12 hrs. It took a long time for the pain killers to kick in. He was referred by Dr. Chan in Kitchener and living in Waterloo had to travel back in pain and wait . It would have been helpful if the staff their at Credit Valley Hospital would have had a pain killer to give the patient immediately. In any case what Anthony went through in these modern times without proper freezing is unthinkable. He was in such pain that he was sick to his stomach. Dr Shah explained after the procedure that due to the surgeries and scar tissue, the freezing was not as effective . Well, what is done to make a patient more comfortable in such a case? This is medicine in 2014. I have no reasons to doubt that Dr. Shah is an excellent resident and needs experience with difficult cases but the top ophthalmologist , Dr Ike Ahmed should have been present.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2556894].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

In March 2013 a bungee cord tie down with a ball at the end struck my right eye. The hidden bungee was tied to a tarp I was using to cover a load of soil in my pickup and it was stuck under the load so when I pulled hard to free the tarp, it went like a slingshot right in my eye socket. This caused my iris muscle to tear and my pupil to have a 6mm opening and appear dilated. Within a year a cataract also formed in that eye. My eye doctor Susan Senft M.D. recommended contacting Ike K. Ahmed, MD. He pioneered the specialized surgical procedure I needed. When I called and spoke to him and his associates they were very friendly and helpful. I watched a video of the procedure on YouTube and felt comfortable and confident he was the right surgeon to help me. I traveled from Hawaii to Toronto and just had the surgery done by Dr. Ahmed on September 24th. He made my eye look normal again, removed the cataract and put in a multifocal intraocular lens which has restored my vision to 20/20.
The pain and recovery time were minimal. I never needed pain medication and was seeing everything clearly in 4 hours!
He has lots of patients so I did have to wait about an hour for both appointments I had with him, however he is worth waiting for. I highly recommend Dr. Ahmed and his Associates to anyone needing eye care.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2555994].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

I travelled a long way to see Dr Ahmed. He came highly recommended. I have never seen a more incredible doctor ever. He was thorough, meticulous, compassionate and funny!! I have had very hard time with my eyes. He gave me some hope, and caution, and lucky for me my surgery has been much success. I have to thank his team and him for a marvellous job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2535451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2014

My son was born with bilateral cataracts and for 18 years was wearing contact lenses, which were becoming very uncomfortable and not allowing him to see properly. We were so lucky to be referred to Dr. Ike Ahmed and his team. From our very first visit we were made comfortable and all of our questions were answered, my son had eye surgery and had lens implanted in his eyes he his no seeing for the first time in 18 years without glasses or contact lenses! He his truly an amazing eye surgeon! We cannot express how happy we are to him and his team for such a great job!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2523236].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

I just returned to Philadelphia after visiting Dr Ahmed for my glaucoma and cataract surgery. I am a 46 year old professional golfer, and I have suffered with glaucoma for many years. Recently my eye doctor diagnosed me with cataracts, and after I thoroughly investigated all options, and discussing with him, he referred me to Dr Ahmed for surgery. I was told he was "the best in the world" and that's what I wanted. The surgical techniques he uses is cutting edge and much safer for eye surgery. Since I first met him and his team 6 months ago, I have been in utter awe with his wonderful bedside manner and outstanding skills. Every visit with him has exceeded my expectations. This guy is truly a genius. Fortunately my surgery was a success, and already I am seeing much better. He placed stents in my eye, the latest design, and my pressure is already better. I sincerely want to thank Dr Ahmed from the bottom of my heart for an incredible job, and most of all for being a truly caring physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2512442].votes_count ]]