Rate Dr. Ike Ahmed

Dr. Ike Ahmed's Ratings

I travelled a long way to see Dr Ahmed. He came highly recommended. I have never seen a more incredible doctor ever. He was thorough, meticulous, compassionate and funny!! I have had very hard time with my eyes. He gave me some hope, and caution, and lucky for me my surgery has been much success. I have to thank his team and him for a marvellous job.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2014 | flag

My son was born with bilateral cataracts and for 18 years was wearing contact lenses, which were becoming very uncomfortable and not allowing him to see properly. We were so lucky to be referred to Dr. Ike Ahmed and his team. From our very first visit we were made comfortable and all of our questions were answered, my son had eye surgery and had lens implanted in his eyes he his no seeing for the first time in 18 years without glasses or contact lenses! He his truly an amazing eye surgeon! We cannot express how happy we are to him and his team for such a great job!

Submitted Sept. 3, 2014 | flag

I just returned to Philadelphia after visiting Dr Ahmed for my glaucoma and cataract surgery. I am a 46 year old professional golfer, and I have suffered with glaucoma for many years. Recently my eye doctor diagnosed me with cataracts, and after I thoroughly investigated all options, and discussing with him, he referred me to Dr Ahmed for surgery. I was told he was "the best in the world" and that's what I wanted. The surgical techniques he uses is cutting edge and much safer for eye surgery. Since I first met him and his team 6 months ago, I have been in utter awe with his wonderful bedside manner and outstanding skills. Every visit with him has exceeded my expectations. This guy is truly a genius. Fortunately my surgery was a success, and already I am seeing much better. He placed stents in my eye, the latest design, and my pressure is already better. I sincerely want to thank Dr Ahmed from the bottom of my heart for an incredible job, and most of all for being a truly caring physician.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2014 | flag

Fantastic doc and team. I was very concerned about my declining vision, and after surgery I now don't even need to wear glasses! I found Dr Ahmed to be extremely knowledgeable and patiently answered all my questions. Thank you to Dr Ahmed and is team!

Submitted Aug. 16, 2014 | flag

Dr. Ike is an amazing doctor. He saved my mothers eye sight. Since other doctors refused to do surgery because her multiple surgeries on her eye. He is very genius and professional.
Thank you dr. Ike ahmed saving my moms eye sight. O

Submitted Aug. 12, 2014 | flag

I just had an appointment with Dr Ike and I can't rave enough as to how amazing he is. My eye condition had left with me very little vision after my injury and since the surgery did by Dr Ike I have a new lease on life. Great genuine person so professional.

Submitted Aug. 10, 2014 | flag

Unprofessional at times. When telling a Resident to try to find the failed shunt in my eye, I had become weary of being on a waiting list for over a year and told the Resident where to look. Ahmed lost it, declared that I was OFF the waiting list and stormed out of the room. One of the Residents stayed behind to try to make things better. I eventually had to find another specialist to do the required cataract and glaucoma surgeries. He wasn't always like this, at times compassionate and informative, but not consistent - very volatile and arrogant at times. Often shuffled off to other doctors at the clinic, I lost all confidence that he was motivated to help me. 6 months after switching specialist, Ahmed's office informed me my name had come up for surgery. No one there had seen me in 6 months. Staff highly incompetent, once didn't tell me that I was in the wrong office for a procedure until it was too late.

Submitted July 17, 2014 | flag

Recently I had cataract and lenses implanted surgery by Dr.Ike Ahmed at TLC center. Unfortunately this doctor ruined my vision by making two huge mistakes:1-he did the surgery on both eyes at the same time. 2-He implanted the wrong lenses. When I complained he said be grateful that you did not get blind so many patient would get blind during the operation.He took my near sight power by his miscalculation and left me with miserable situation of not seeing well and I can not function well and I have to go through another surgery.I want everyone to know never accept to do cataract surgery on both eyes at the same time, Dr.Ahmed and TLC prefer to do this as they did for me.If he had done one eye at a time he could have corrected his mistake on second eye. I would suggest not choose this doctor and his team and anything under the name of TLC correction vision, They are just in business of making money and not helping medical support and I strongly avoid to do any operation by them.

Submitted June 13, 2014

I had my first cataract surgery, and paid several thousand dollars extra for a special lens, but did not receive the necessary prescription for eye drops beforehand. I called the office to confirm my cataract surgery twice, but did not get called back. When I tried a third time, two days before my surgery, the receptionist asked me if I bought my eye drops. I said no, I never received a prescription. She then told me she would leave it for me to pickup. If I did not call, I would have had my surgery without the necessary eye medications. I am disappointed with Dr. Ahmed's poor communication and the poor communication and service from his staff.

Submitted Oct. 7, 2012 | flag

The man is prodigy, he successfully performed an operation that other opthamologists wouldn't dare even attempt

Submitted Aug. 26, 2011 | flag