Dr. Madelaine Kellerman

Rate Dr. Madelaine Kellerman

Dr. Madelaine Kellerman's Ratings

She is very knowledgeable but has poor bedside manner quick to judge &don't take criti

Submitted July 29, 2014 | flag

She always keeps u waiting. Her staff will never tell u she's running late so u have no choice but to wait. Knowledge wise she's great but acts like she's god and is not to b gguestioned nor her staff

Submitted July 25, 2014 | flag

Submitted June 25, 2014 | flag

I had the misfortune of being referred to Dr. Kellerman; in the year or so I was her patient, I was made to wait between 1-3 hours for my scheduled appointments each time I went to her office. One would think that if she knew she was always late she would schedule longer appointments for her patients because we are expected to respect her time, she should respect the time of her patients. I also was over prescribed meds and when I would bring up a new concern she would try giving me more, different meds rather than addressing the problem. I am grateful I don't need to try to see her anymore.

Submitted May 7, 2014 | flag

I had the misfortune of seeing Dr. Kellerman when she was the on-call psychiatrist and I was certified for a week to the psychiatric ward for observation. Dr. Kellerman has no bed-side manner, and no respect for her patients. She regards displays of emotion as a sign of emotional instability, and views them as threatening, calling a security guard to come and fetch me because I begen to cry when told that I could not leave and that she was to keep me against my will for another week. She then made false promises, saying that if I did what she told me, she would release me. When I did the things she requested of me to do (find a suitable place to live upon my release, find a place to apply for a job, and make amends with my mother) she still did not release me. This has left me with a profound and resinating fear of future certification that resinated and still effects me to this day every time I catch a glimpse of her or hear her name. She did not help me, she made me worse.

Submitted March 6, 2014 | flag

i have had to wait between 30 minutes and 2 hours for my 15 minute appointment. it is fortunate i have not been in a dire situation because this doctor has never been on time. knowing that she her appointments take longer than she books them for,(and i was told she also shows up late)she should consider the patients' well-being and make them longer. It seems to me she is there for the $$ not to help people. Her answer to everything is MORE MEDICATION. There are many ways to treat depression but she just prescribes meds. Even after i told her i was reacting badly to one and wanted to stop taking it, she said she was not comfortable allowing me to stop taking it. in my experience, when i can get in to see her, she doesn't care or listen. i would not recommend her.

Submitted May 8, 2012 | flag

i have been seeing dr kellerman for a year now. she has been very helpful with my depresion. it may be hard to see her but its worth the wait. if it wasnt for her who knows where i would be.

Submitted Oct. 16, 2011 | flag

I was going to Dr. Kellerman for more than 10 years. At first she was great. Then when the mediciation wasn't working she would add more and more. When asked if we could change the medication she was always changing her mind on what to go to...I had finally had it when she would not listen to me and help me with what I was needing from her. If you would like to be overmedicated and waiting forever for an appointment. Then this iss the Dr. you want if not find someone else.

Submitted Oct. 7, 2010 | flag

Dr.K. has been my Dr. for about 7yrs. now. We have had our ups and downs, but I have grown to appreciate her knowledge about medications. I am a very sensitive person to medications so it has been hard to get the right one to work for me. The only major complaint is that she is always at least 1hr. or so late. This can be unnerving sometimes. Also she never will answer a phone call, and that can be very hard if you are very depressed and need to talk with her.

Submitted April 18, 2008 | flag

I've been seeing Dr. Kellerman for a little over 8 years. I always enjoy our conversations and know I can count on her to be an advocate in my behalf for anything I might need. She knows her stuff. The only issue I have - and it is minor - is that I feel she tends to over-medicate - or turn immediately to medication as a resolution rather than exploring other possibilities. We have been at odds on a few occasions as to the amount of medication I should be taking - but - although we don't always agree - she is very good about working with what I feel comfortable with. She listens to my concerns regarding side effects and make necessary adjustements. She also knows I know myself and allows for me to make minor adjustements to my medication as necessary. I don't think in the area of psychiatry a doctor and patient are always on the same page, so I don't have a problem with the odd time we need to find a compromise between what she feels is best and what I am comfortable with.

Submitted March 24, 2008 | flag