Rate Dr. Dawn Papo

Dr. Dawn Papo's Ratings

Dawn has been my doctor for 8 years. I am not easily impressed by doctors, and have found her to be knowledgeable, kind, intelligent, and regards me as a partner in my health care, not as a "patient". I have leukemia (chronic) and need frequent bloodwork. Since her former miserable receptionist retired, I am much happier and get in to see her quite quickly. I am a well-informed patient (which most doctors prefer) and know how to read my bloodwork results, as well as note any changes which may be relevant to my health. I choose to not be a victim, but to be a strong self-advocate, and I believe she appreciates that as much as I appreciate that she does not speak condescendingly to me (ever!). I, too, followed her when she left Port Alberni, and I'm glad I did.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2737190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

I found Dr. Papo very cold. I left feeling worse about my personal well being than before I arrived at her office. I would not recommend her to my worst enemy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2721663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2015

The quality of her treatment has dropped severely over the 4 years I saw her. I had advanced symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and her lack of urgency about referring me to a specialist has left me with what appears to be permanent loss of function in my hand. When I complained about it she "fired" me as a patient.

I would not trust her judgement - I'm left with the impression she's trying to get as many billings in as possible through each day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2685043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

Dr Papo is very professional, knowledgeable & thorough, she may be the best doctor I've ever had. Only con's are her support staff who on several occasions tend to be inflexible bordering on rude or condescending.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2681075].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

Very unorganized staff. Lots of miscomunication. Does not take the time to make your health worries warranted. Not good with children. I will be looking for a new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2623958].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

Awesome doctor! Has too many patients though? Takes minimum a week to get in to see her. She is a great long term issue doctor but if you are just feeling unwell you will have to go to a walk in clinic. Her head MOA isn't a very friendly lady either. She is a really caring, knowledgable doctor. Will continue to see her despite the staff and appointment issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1429711].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2013

Love Dr. Papo very easy to talk to very knowlegeable and above all makes you feel important. You are in the right field Dr. The best....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1429710].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

I left her office years ago due to the other front end staff who are a bit harsh and intimidating. I recently decided to go back to her just because I like her and I will put up with the staff. Her main receptionist, however, now, is better and very friendly.*Whew* So I am happy. She is very hands on and knows what she is doing. She writes things down as you talk and is constantly diagnosing you through every word. It's very neat to watch. I'm not sure if she is reading you on a different level but she knows what to ask somehow. She's amazing and she's gorgeous too!!lol

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1429709].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

We began as patients of Dr. Papo's in Port Alberni. She is such a great doctor that we decided to continue to see her in Qualicum. Dr. Papo is genuinely caring and compassionate. She is very respectful and we all feel comfortable with her. Dr. Papo is also extremely knowledgeable. At times, there are short waits to see her, but once you are in her office, she never makes you feel rushed. Dr. Papo listens carefully and communicates well. She asks all the appropriate questions to figure out what is happening. She is thorough. I trust her and I hope she will be our family doctor for many years to come. We have been with Dr. Papo for seven years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1429708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2012

This is the most unorganized office i have ever encountered. The receptionist is so rude and I dont think that is a very helpfull way to represent yourseldf as a new dr in a small town. I highly recommend looking for a different office to take new patients. Even if that means travelling a few towns over. The Dr. herself is knowledgable but the staff and surrondings deffinatly make me feel untrustworthy with taking my children or myself there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1429712].votes_count ]]