Dr. Stephen Wainer

Rate Dr. Stephen Wainer

Dr. Stephen Wainer's Ratings

Please take merit in those who has been with Dr.Wainer for a while and not a fly by night patients. Many kids are referred to Dr. Wainer via the Children's Hospital and just needs to see him once or twice, those might be the parents who don't know the real value in long term care with an amazing Pediatrician. Dr. Wainer is true to the nature of what I expect of a Pediatrician. He has always treated my children as if they are the only patient in his care. He has a admirable respect for children. I am eternally grateful for him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1431060].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1431062].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

We were referred to doctor Wainer at birth do to our son making a weird arch when born and he did the follow up which didn't turn out to be anything serious. I then was referred to him for our son as he was displaying ADHD tendances and behavior issues by age 4/5. He said when we came back to him those 3/4 years later that he wasn't surprised to see him as he was already showing signs of the disorder. He has always been pleasent, friendly and concerned for everyones well-being, as it affects not only our son but our daughters life and our Marriage! If it weren't for him, I don't think our family would be a unit today. He always takes time to listen to our concerns and evaluates school, home life & social situation regarding our son. We take his advice seriously as we tried the other methods which helped very little and at the time were against ADHD meds, but taking his advice was the best thing we did for our sons sake, who now can concentrate on some schooling and control some impulses.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1431059].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2012

Dr Wainer has been my daughter's doctor for over 5 years. She is almost 18 and we will be sad to stop going to his office. He has always treated her with respect and understanding. He listens to her concerns (and mine) and has suggestions. She is continually praised for her success and effort. Having Dr. Wainer as her doctor has been life changing. She and I believe her academic, social, and mental success is due to the help he has given her. At the risk of sounding overly dramatic, I believe, as her parent, that he has saved her life. She is reaching her full potential and Dr Wainer is one of the big reasons why.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1431058].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2012

Didn't help at all. We were referred to Dr. Wainer by our then family doctor. Our son was 4 almost 5 and not potty trained. Told my husband and me "wait a go on getting the ball going but I'm not going any futher." Needless to say we found a different pediatrician and finally got our now 6yr old the help he needs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1431057].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

Dr Wainer has been the best!! We started seeing him when my son was 6 (who is now 16) I was absolutely at the end of my rope as I had no diagnosis nor any idea what was wrong with my son. He recommended different counselling as well as referred him to the Childrens' Hospital for 2 6 week admittance sessions to be able to get a correct diagnosis as well as the proper medication that worked for MY son not just any child. I have no idea where I would be today if it wasn't for Dr Wainer. He has always answered all of my questions and provided any referrals that I have needed. Never would I take my son elsewhere except to Dr Wainer!! Hats off to him as I would have given up if not for the help that he has provided all of these years! Thank you!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1431056].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2010

If you are interested in giving your child meds to help with a behavioral issues GO see Dr.Wainer. If you want tools and referrals , choose another Dr. Dr.Wainer is not open to discussing anything with anyone who is not open to his prescriptions. He is rude and shuts you down, the first mention of other options!! He looks at you like you are crazy and the only person in the world who is looking into alternative medicines and ways. Ask for a referral for some counseling and he seems insulted and tells you to come back in 6 months if you decide you need a prescription. Open your mind up Dr.Wainer its 2010. Its not about you being wrong its about people wanting options and not having a child addicted to meds at a young age or at least offer ways to get tools so a child doesn't have to be addicted to meds for life. and what is so wrong with counseling for your child??

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1431055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2010

Dr. Wainer is terrific. He circumcised my son and was very kind and gentle. I was in tears, fearful of putting my son in pain but Dr. Wainer was quick and efficient and my baby didn't cry at all. The circumcision looks great and I would highly recommend Dr. Wainer. The nurse in his office was incredibly sweet too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1431054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2010

Dr. Weiner is the best Pediatrician that i could of asked for my daughter. When my daughter was born she was without oxygen for about 22 minutes it was called shoulder distosen, and i went to him to get a stitch out of her side that she had left in there, and he is the most concerned, patient, respectful doctor. Doctors like him should be reconized more. I would refer anyone to him without a doubt. Whoever that sees him will not be disappointed. I had to move from calgary and i think about how good of a doctor that he is. Overall he is an awsome guy. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORD DR> WEINER

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1431053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010

I find he is always very short with me, won't answer questions & talks to me like I don't know what I am doing. He's never on time, and when I tell him I have questions he walks out of the room. I always book last appointment of the day as well, and I get out of there 2hrs later if Im lucky because we must wait so long to get in to see him for maybe 5 minutes. I will not being going back to him again. cld

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1431052].votes_count ]]