Rate Dr. Robert G Turnbull

Dr. Robert G Turnbull's Ratings

Dr. Turnbull is an awesome surgeon and I am grateful that he was the surgeon I was referred to. I was admitted to the Grey Nun's Hospital in January 2013 and spent 5 weeks there. During that time I had 3 surgeries and was at risk of losing my leg. Dr. Turnbull fought to save it and we won. He was great with my family kept them very informed. He was very caring and compassionate. If I ever require a vascular surgeon, in the future, I would chose him.

Submitted Sept. 17, 2013 | flag

Dr. Turnbull is the best Dr. we have ever delt with. He saved my husbands life by making sure his heart was in good shape before doing vascular surgery for 71/2 hours on him. He first had quadruple heart bypass. If not for Dr. Turnbull seeing to this he would have died on his operating table. Dr. Turnbull then had to amputate 1/2 of my husbands foot. The other Dr.s wanted to take his leg but he stood fast & only removed 1/2 his foot. His follow up was fantastic with every 3 week visits until now everything is healed & my husband is better. He is not only a Fantastic Dr. but is kind & caring as a human being. That is rare now days. We owe him so much & will never be able to repay him.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2011 | flag

While I agree his surgical skills are excellent, I was disappointed in his bed-side/aftercare skills. After two blood clots - a year apart - he told me they were caused by "sleeping funny." My GP didn't like that explanation and sent me for bloodwork that showed up two blood-clotting disorders. Dr. Turnbull also insisted it was fine for me to take birth-control pills - despite my predisposition for blood-clots. Fortunately, my pharmacist was aware there are major implications for blood-clots with birth-control pills and told me to seek a second opinion. Great surgeon, less than thorough in his patient advice.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2007 | flag

After years of seeing doctors, being diagnosed and misdiagnosed I felt like giving up...that is until I was fortunate enough to meet with Dr. Turnbull. He diagnosed me with a rare condition. Dr. Turnbull is a very caring doctor who spends the time discussing and answering questions. He is very professional, and knowledgeable. I feel very confident undergoing surgery with Dr. Turnbull as my surgeon.

Submitted June 7, 2007 | flag

DR Turnbull is an awesome vascular surgeon. My dad had major surgery and he came out of it extremely well. Thank You for Dr turnbull

Submitted May 11, 2007 | flag

My family & I are so grateful to this amazing human being. Took much time to explain the procedure, excellent bedside manner and highly skilled. We felt very cared for at a difficult time in our lives. Plus.... he is left handed - a definite bonus to this fellow lefty!!!

Submitted April 2, 2007 | flag

Dr. Turnbull performed vascular surgery on me while I was awake, and I felt absolutely nothing! He took immediate care of any problems or concerns that I had. He is a favourite of the Nurses as well, and that tells me everything!

Submitted March 16, 2007 | flag

Dr. Turnbull is an incredible surgeon and saved my Dad's life in a critical surgery and was so good with our questions and concerns and went the extra mile for my Dad's care. Anyone needing specialized surgery should feel blessed to have him do it. His follow up is great too.

Submitted March 8, 2007 | flag