Rate Dr. Sheila Findlay

Dr. Sheila Findlay's Ratings

I went to dr findlay for prenatal care as I wanted a female doctor. Dr findlay is by the book with no discussion or her addressing your personal concerns about the issue or test. She does not consider a woman's personal beliefs about an exam or test. Her staff are extremely rude and mistreat patients. I had to cancel an appointment I wasn't comfortable with for personal reasons, after I told her receptionist this she told me I had no choice or option then hung up on me. I called back and asked her why she was so rude and she said that if the doctor wants to continue seeing me during my pregnancy that they will call me. I had previously taken a test through dr findlay and have waited 2 weeks for a follow up and still have not received the results despite the results being forwarded to dr findlay later that day. Do not go to this doctor if you can help it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1434150].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2012

I love Dr. Findlay and her staff. I've always found the reception staff friendly, helpful. Can be a bit abrupt early in the a.m., admittedly. The office's punctuality is hit and miss - that's probably my one complaint. Dr. F. is helpful, easy to talk to, gives me good explanations, and is overall a wonderful fit for me. I find her very patient and understanding.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1434149].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2011

Friendly, at times discounts concerns and has neglected addressing concerns. Seems to not hear/listen well, and makes assumptions based on partial information. Discounts experience of patient. Motivated me to seek new Dr./office Especially because would definitely not like to see her practice partner Dr WInder in Dr Findlay's abscence.!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1434148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2010

Drs Winder and Findlay are awesome. receptionists are very unfriendly, time for change.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1434147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2010

very rude office staff and not willing to help refer to another female physician

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1434146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Findlay's since she opened her first practice. I absolutely adore her. I suffer from a very rare disorder and she works hard with me as a partner to keep me healthy. No - no kids, but she never makes me feel like she is too busy for my questions. I would never see anyone else as my primary healthcare provider.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1434145].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2010

Last time I saw her I felt like she didn't hear my concern for being there that day. All she cared about was what she saw as the problem. I left without her addressing my problem at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1434144].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

I am no longer a patient of Dr. Findlay. The office staff is terribly rude and unhelpful and Dr. Findlay was often rushed and uninterested. She forgot very pertinent points in my history when making recommendations and did not listen to my thoughts or concerns when it came to diagnosis. When I had an irregular test result the notifying letter was sent to the wrong address, I received it a year later, but never had any follow-up. As a woman, it's nice to have a female doctor and feel more comfortable asking all manner of questions, but don't make any heroic efforts to get an appointment with Findlay, keep looking.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1434143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Findlay's for 10 years now. While I used to have a problem with that one staff member, I have noticed that once she got to know me, and if I am overly friendly to her, she is good to deal with. I must admit to being intimidated by her at first though. I love Dr. Findlay. She is awesome and has been very good to me and my 3 girls. She has excellent bedside manner and always listens to what I have to say. Would not hesitate to highly recommend her. Too bad she isn't taking new patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1434142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2009

Only went to her for obstetrical care. Really good doctor. Really helpful. Went above and beyond to help me through pregnancy and delivery. Her after care was amazing as she kept me on for 4 months when she could have easily sent me back to my family doctor. Helped me through PPD, step by step until I was able to continue doing things on my own. I wish she could be my family doctor! I also think she is overbooked like all Nanaimo doctors, but she does her best. Sometimes the office staff are a little off putting and inconsiderate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1434141].votes_count ]]